Estee Lauder Brasil Dream

No Image

3.3

This started off super strong and gorgeous, with a wallop of white flowers. I basked in its tropical glory for about an hour, imagining myself wearing it in the sultry summer humidity, and then like ninety minutes in, it turned into Karma by LUSH. It's all patchouli and mandarin. I'm not sure this annoying dry down is going to stop me from wearing it, but it sure is disappointing.

on 8/25/2012 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Estee Lauder has always been pretty consistently good with their fragrance lines, especially their summer scents like Bronze Goddess, and Brasil Dream is great to try if you like tropical perfumes. It's a lovely warm tropical scent that great for a summer night out. It comes off strong and tangy at first with heavy mandarin and citrus notes which may turn a lot of people off but if you let it sit for a second, the strong citrus notes fade out and it warms up so nicely into a coconut mandarin scent with a touch of patchouli and gardenia. It lasts for hours too. This is not a Coppertone or beachy fragrance to me. I picture warm tan skin and island summer nights when I smell this. Think Escada or J.Lo Miami Glow.

on 8/23/2012 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Not a lot of love for Brasil Dream, eh? I'd been out of the loop, perfume-wise for a while and didn't realize that this one had been out for a few years before I tried it at the EL counter.

Not bad. No way was I going to pay the dept. store asking price when it can be found in scads on eBay, where I got it for $9. Disclaimer: my dry skin literally eats scent, so I prefer strong perfumes. That said, the first spray packs a wallop (to me, at least) of gardenia. So far so good. After that fades, it goes more to a citrus phase and ends, in my view, with patch, which I usually hate but can deal w/if need be.

In total, v. nice summertime frag. Sillage is good for about 3-4 hours, then it's gone. For $9, an excellent investment.

on 8/23/2012 4:40:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I bought this unsniffed for 17 euros from a very well known internet store that its name contains the very popular little red fruit most of us love...

It is a very nice summer scent. Fresh at the beggining, warm at the drydown. At first, I get pinapple coctails enjoyed in a jasmine garden, then a hint of suntan oil along with....wait a minute...this strongly reminds me of some other perfume.....Finally I got it!!!! This is a more extroverted, outspoken and more masculine Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDP, along with suntan oil!!!!

Not something I expected, but still a nice scent!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Smells just like JLo Miami Glow on me, which is not a bad thing. It's a pretty scent, but not a wow.

on 5/27/2012 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Brasil dream is a beautiful uplifting white floral suitable for every spring / summer occasion. uncomplicated and happy with good silage and longevity as all estee lauders are.

on 5/2/2011 8:26:00 PM

Hmm. This smells like chemicals and plastic on me. And also smells a bit cheap. There's a note in here that i just do not enjoy. Maybe its a kind of sunscreen smell? Lemony? I suppose its quite "fresh" but there's a harshness to it which clashes with my taste. Have been using this one up as an airfreshner.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this without knowing the smell and it was such a disappointment.
I bought it with Bali and Emerald dream (both are lovely) and I just hated it. It`s SOO strong, overpowering, gives me headache...can't stand the smell, really.
I'm brazillian and this perfume has nothing to do with Brasil.
ew.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a beautiful scent. I have never tried the Emerald or Bali Dream one. I am glad I purchased the Brasil Dream scent though. At first whiff, you can smell mandarin, tangy, citrusy on me. The dry down is a very creamy coconut scent. Absolutely delicious scent. Beaches, the ocean, sun and the heat. That's what this scent reminds me of.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like Emerald and especially Bali, have purchased a stock of them just in case they will be discontinued. So when I heard about Estee Lauder launching a new Brasil Dream I was immediately excited and wanted it right on the spot. Strange enough, it has nothing in common with Emerald and Bali (which have some similar notes). Absolutely no staying power which is also strange, because the first two can be washed off only in a shower. I've got mine from Ebay cheeper than it sells in Duty Free and that is a reasonable excuse LOL. Definitely not worth repurhasing.

Popular Fragrances