Essie Sexy Divide

Essie Sexy Divide
Essie

4.5

on 2/2/2017 4:43:00 PM

Essie polishes get thinner and streakier each time I purchase. This one requires three coats to remotely reach a smooth and opaque finish! The deep grape color isn't particularly complex as the shimmer hinted in the bottle isn't visible on the nails BUT if you like a dark shade that stays true to color and doesn't read black indoors, it might be worth it to you,

on 9/2/2016 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Giving this a 4/5 for Price because Essie polishes are always so expensive, lol.
Essie "Sexy Divide" is such a nice color! A very deep dark purple. I would say that the only problem I had with this polish is that the shimmer doesn't show up on your nail as well as in the bottle. The only difference is when you're in direct sunlight *or flash* where the shimmer pops out a lot more. Including that the brush was really thin, but then again, all regular Essie polish brushes are thin.
I would definitely buy more if I ran out. Even the bottle looks beautiful!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This was my latest Essie purchase to add to my collection. So far, this is my favorite color out of all the thirty Essie polishes that I own. It's such a pretty deep grape purple. It's not at all juvenile. It has a slight shimmer in the bottle but doesn't show up on the nail. It's not so dark where it's considered a vamp "fall" shade. It's perfect year round. The only flaw would be that it initially goes on a bit streaky on the first coat but the second coat goes down smooth and pigmented. Full bodied color with two coats.

on 12/12/2015 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful shade, easy to apply, reaches full intensity with two coats. What's there not to love. I'm glad I got it.

on 1/22/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is such a beautiful deep purple with shimmer. The formula is okay, it is very uneven and streaky on first coat but on second it's good. I always use 3 with it because I feel it really intensifies the color.

on 7/4/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really nice deep purple. The color is about as close to black as you'll get, while still definitely being purple. As for the shimmer apparent in the bottle -- there's enough to add some dimension to the color, but it's certainly not emough to be noticeable.

The brush is thin, like all Essie brushes, and the formula is okay. It's a little streaky, but once opaque it's much better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

! beautiful color I love

I reeeeallly wanted to like this color.

In the bottle, it looked like the royal purple version of Aruba Blue (one of my favorites -- not just in the Essie line, but of all time). Unfortunately, the shimmer in this one is less dense than in Aruba Blue, so the coverage isn't as good and the color doesn't have as much impact.

Shimmer nail polishes are usually impossible to apply unevenly, but this one was almost impossible to apply evenly (in two coats that is). Since the shimmer isn't very dense, it applies somewhat like a jelly, which is always awkward. Once on, it's a fairly nice color -- but not earth-shattering, like it would be if it lived up to its bottle color.

on 1/18/2013 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

LOOOOVE this purple and I am really not into shimmery colors...this is my HG deep purple and it pops on most skin tones

on 12/31/2012 9:52:00 AM

Against my very pale skin it just looked too dark and cold. I hated it and gave it away.

Popular Polishes