Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nailpolish Colors

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nailpolish Colors

3.7

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought one recently in a coral pink shade. I LOVE the color for summer. I chose this brand over others with exactly the same pink shade because of the nice flat, wide brush. Very easy to use, requires only 1 stroke per nail if you have small hands like me. Brush is fantastic! However... the brush is about the only good thing this polish has going for it.

It goes on strangely goopy, even on the very first use. Much like an old polish that you know you SHOULD toss, but still fight to get every last drop out of because you love the shade. It gets tacky/lumpy on the brush if you take too long getting the desired amount ready to brush on for a clean stroke... so you have to apply it pretty quickly. And I hate putting on polish when theres too much on the brush.

It "dries" pretty quick once on, but I came to realize that despite feeling dry to the touch, it still hasn't cured enough to use a top coat anytime soon. If you top coat once it feels dry, you get all kinds of tiny air bubbles as if you had sprinkled really fine sand on your nails before you painted them.

It reminds me of those cheap tiny ones that they put in those "makeup kits" that are made for 5 year olds. I usually dont mind the sally hansen formulas, but this one was a bit of a disappointment.

Might be okay for doing my toenails sometime down the road, since I often don't spend as much time making them look as perfect. But I definitely wouldn't miss it if someone borrowed it and I never saw it again.

I tried this in peachy breeze. The color is a very vibrant peachy pink. I really liked the color on and thought it was perfect for the summertime. But I really didn't like the formula. It was super thick and didn't apply nicely. It did seem to dry quickly and I reallly really love the flat style brush!! I like but didn't love...

To Read all 184 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/29/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff works great! I am not very adept at painting my own nails and even when I get them right, I inevitably wind up bumping or smudging them before they are completely dry. I've tried everything from high end to low end polishes because I optimistically keep thinking that I'll get it right one of these days. I got super excited by the no light gel polishes, but they stayed tacky for so long that I wound up with smudgy nails. Then I impulse bought a bottle of this stuff and it really has a nice wide brush to go on smoothly and dries fast enough that I don't mess them up. Two coats and they look gel nails! Also, I've had the same bottle for awhile and it hasn't dried up as quickly as some of the other brands. If you experience the same problems I do when trying to do your own nails, you should definitely try this product. It takes a lot for me to write a review so you know that I'm motivated to share the information!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have this nail polish in the shade 370 Show Steel-er. It's a true grey shade.. the color of cement. I can't remember how much this cost but do know for sure that it was under five dollars. I've been wearing grey nails since high school (for around ten years) and have tried tons of different grey nail polishes. One of my favorite things about this nail polish is the packaging. Outside, it looks sleek. Inside, the brush is AWESOME. It's wide and a total breeze to use.

The formula on this leaves something to be desired. It is pretty thick and can cause bubbles on your nails if you're not careful. But this is something that can be worked around. The color makes it worth it to me, and the fact that it actually does dry relatively quickly.

The only thing preventing me from repurchasing this nail polish is the fact that Revlon tests on animals.

I really like this polishes. They apply nicely and just require one coat to get it right. Actually, I think if I applied two coats it would be too thick and chip faster. I apply OPI's Nail Envy as a base coat, one coat of Insta-Dri and then one coat of Insta-Dri top coat (which is fantastic with all nail polishes!!! HG status...)

on 4/1/2015 2:38:00 PM

I do like these polishes. They come in some lovely colours; I have Wined Up (burgundy shimmer) and Jet Set Jade (a deep teal shimmer), and they're two of my favourite nail colours. Both are opaque in two coats and are almost completely dry in just a few minutes, which is ideal if you're in a rush getting ready to go somewhere (as I usually am). The clear polish in this range, Clearly Quick, also makes a great topcoat, as it dries quickly and has one of the glossiest finishes I've ever seen (though it's not much use as a base coat since it peels off easily). The brush is wide and rounded, which would be great if it wasn't impossible to wipe the stalk on the side of the bottle to clear away excess polish (it often leads to an overload of polish on the brush, making application messy - particularly if you have small fingernails like I do). I would also highly recommend using a base coat with this product if you want your manicure to last more than a day or two, as it tends to start chipping and peeling quickly without one.

Pros:
- Nice range of colours
- Dries fast
- Clear polish makes a good topcoat

Cons:
- Messy application
- Chips and peels easily without a base coat

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have only purchased 2 colors of this polish. About a year ago I bought Petal Pusher, a pretty nude pink which I have only used once because the formula was so goopy that I couldn't get an even, non-streaky, opaque result with 4 coats...which ended up being too thick to actually remain on my nails for long.
The other day I came across the color Ablazing! Which I believe is a new color. It's a really beautiful red orange with orange iridescent micro glitter. A perfect color for my skin tone during the summer. I couldn't wait to get this on my nails as its a color and glitter combo I've been looking for for quite awhile. It took about 3 coats to get an even result. For the first few hours it was shiny and gorgeous. By evening, it had already started chipping around the edges of my nails and the finish dulled immensely, and all I did was go grocery shopping. *unhappy face*

It's now day 2 and its completely dull and every nail is chipped in some capacity. My middle nail is chipped down to the center, and it wasn't like that when I went to sleep! It seriously looks like I've had this manicure for well over week and it's been 2 days. Super disappointing.

It's such a pretty color but this is definitely the last time I purchase this polish line. It's performance is weak and unimpressive. I will likely try it again with a base coat and a top coat. Although in my experience, rapid drying formulas do not work well with base coats.

I will say though that it's remained pretty decent on my toes, although not as shiny as I'd like. It's dulled to a point where the glitter isn't even discernible, on my toes or my finger nails.

All in all, I don't recommend these polishes. They're more hassle than they're worth.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not know why I keep giving these second, third, fourth chances..they just do not perform or behave well for me at all. The first shade I ever got was a baby-pink shade, called Petal Pusher, was a pretty shade in the bottle, but I ended up tossing it in the garbage. It bubbled horribly on me like no other nail polish ever has and I needed like 4 coats to get it the shade it should be. Otherwise it just looked very sheer on me. 4 coats it was a pretty shade, but..the bubbling and gloppiness, in a brand-new bottle..ugh!!

I have tried others, Cinnasnap, and even tried a couple from the new released shades, thinking/hoping they would be better. Sadly they are not. They are just gloppy and difficcult to apply.

I love, love, love the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure nail polish, but this Insta-Dri is a total loss for me. Insta-Dri..? Takes forever to dry on me. The Complete Salon manicure polish dries way faster for me than this, and behaves well and applies well. This Insta-Dri lineup for me is just an epic fail. It is a shame because so many of the Insta-Dri shades are so pretty. But I just can't get them to work right or behave right on me or for me. Also the bottle is just awkward, just seems like a bottle a little girl would use. So these are a pass for me. The pretty colors do reel me in, but they just perform terribly for me. :( I only gave it 2 stars instead of one star because the shades are pretty. But when something performs this terribly, after trying several shades and over many years and with many new releases, it is just a no-go, at least not for me. These also chip easily for me. Ahh, just not for me. :((

on 2/12/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have 3 shades: Nude-tral, Show Steel-er, and Sand Storm. All shades are opaque within 1-2 coats, and the consistency of the polish is smooth and not goopy at all. As promised, the polishes are dry to the touch within a minute or so and then completely dry within 15-20 minutes. I LOATHE waiting for my polish to dry, so I find myself reaching for these way more often than other polishes. With a quick-dry topcoat applied over the color, I'm able to get about a week's worth of wear before chipping. I love these polishes and will probably buy more in the future!

Took my time to prep my nails, did not do a base coat the product only recommends the color and a top coat. Goes on ok but bubbles up like mad...hardens yes but dries instantly NO, not even in 5 minutes, had to take it all off and go bare for my new job tomorrow...not happy!

Popular Polishes