NARS Grenadines

Grenadines

4.8

on 8/31/2016 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ah Gawd this eye shadow is beautiful.

Looking for this particular shade of rusty earthy red for so long. Was contemplating buying modern renaissance pallet for this shade or the chocolate bar one but found this now and I dont need any more neutral browns etc in pallets.This is gorgous. Makes blue eyes pop as they say.

Also price wise i think its about 25€ but i found it in tx max so 10€ - bargin! Would purchase at full price for sure though.

on 2/12/2012 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i had an iman blush that i wore for years that was close to this color. it was discontinued. i searched high and low for a replacement that was reddish and good with other colors like gold or carbon. i stumbled on this by accident. no sparkles, not shimmer just a pretty blendable, versatile color. love everything about it except the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Beautiful shade on my lids(NW46). Not that red as expected but perfectly workable.

on 3/20/2009 11:47:00 AM

I was NOT expecting to like this. All other eyeshadows that I have got that are any variation of red, make me look like i am sickly. This is totally different. it makes my blue eyes pop. I also love the texture. its not chalky like some of the newer nars eyeshadow.you can pair it with neutrals/pinks/peaches for day, or make it very dramatic at night.

on 2/27/2010 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Oh this color is just the bomb. I've been looking for the perfect red to compliment my green eyes. I fell in love with this at first swatch. It is just the perfect red in my opinion. It has a raspberry kind of tone to it, so it's like a more mellow style red. I love it in my crease, in my outer v, blends beautifully. It's just a gorgeous gorgeous color. If you have green eyes, this is a must.

on 2/4/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a lovely colour to bring out the green in my eyes. It blends well and does not make me look sick or tired. I have fair skin with dark hair and thought it might be too dramatic for me, but it's gorgeous. I have also used it wet to intesify the colour. It isn't for everyone, but if you want a bordeaux/wearable red, this is definitely a good choice.

on 2/15/2009 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This wine color is absolutely gorgeous on my blue eyes, makes them "astonishingly blue" as one of the people said at Barneys yesterday when the SA was putting it on at my request. She was thrilled, as people tend to shy away from red/burgundies for eyes, and this color gets overlooked. This color can be layered with others to mute it a bit, in fact it was gorgeous with almost every other color in the NARS repertory, suprisingly so. If you are a NARS fan and appreciate his unusual color sense, do try a bit of this next time you are at the counter, even just for a bit of excitement!

on 3/4/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The first time I saw Grenadines in the Sephora catalog, I knew I had to have it. It is unlike any other color eyeshadow I have (and I have a ton!) Grenadines is a warm, matte dark red that isn't too brick red or too wine/burgundy. The pigmentation is amazing-it shows up on my lid the color it is in the pan. I like pairing it with peaches and warm pinks.

While the quality of NARS shadows vary, Grenadines is excellent. Good pigmentation, texture, and staying power. I love the little rubber compact-it doesn't take up much room in my makeup drawers. While it was a little expensive, it was well worth it. I would definitely buy this one again, if I ever run out!

I cannot believe there is no review for this shadow. I have done different looks w/ this from mild at work to super goth vixen w/ stila smudge pot and lashes..it works both ways! It is a bit pricy ..but I am so glad I ordered it! It is a garnet matte shade which means it has to be layered on but so worth it!