L'Oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Other
L'Oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

3.2

Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexylcinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid

I started dyeing my hair and was looking for a shampoo that was for color-treated hair when I found this. I loved that it was also sulfate-free and volumizing. I never tried sulfate-free shampoos. I really like it! It smells like rosemary. You only need a little bit of this gel-ly shampoo on your hand before your rub it together to get this big foam. My hair is heavy and long so I was surprised to see the volume this gave me. My only gripe was that it dries my hair. It could be due to hair dyeing or this shampoo but it's nothing a little conditioner can't solve! (Though, I haven't tried the accompanying conditioner).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like how this shampoo smells and cleans. It smells like a nice, womanly perfume (as opposed to teenage girl). Maybe a bit of amber in there. The shampoo does a good job cleaning my hair and it feels like there are some replenishing oils in the formula (my hair feels moisturized when I rinse, not stripped dry like my old shampoo). I use conditioner and style as normal.

Have not had any issues with volume, and appreciate how I can shampoo every 3 days (2x a week) without my hair seeming greasy or flat. However, my ends are still dry and I am still on the search for a moisturizer that does not contain silicones as their primary ingredient. At least until I move away from this desert climate! :) I miss my Washington hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I am so surprised to see a low rating on this shampoo because I absolutely love it. I have tried alot of sulfate free shampoo, most which are pretty nice but not geared towards color protecting. I use the bodify version and while not the best volumising one i've tried, it is definitely the best all rounder. Most volumising shampoos tend to dry out my hair and make it incredibly tangled, the best one I've tried is Tigi catwalk - Your Highness which would be my number one choice if it was cheaper and had color protecting properties. The L'oreal really cleanses my hair, lathers well and importantly doesnt leave my hair tangled, dry, flat or leave residues. The instant I used this, I could tell the difference and I still love it. The smell doesnt bother me at all, people have described it as an earthy smell which I dont mind at all, but honestly it doesnt really smell earthy to me. I haven't tried the conditioner yet because I love the smell of my garnier color last conditioner (not a fan of the shampoo though) and it is cheaper as well. I've heard mixed reviews on the conditioner so i may try it later down the track. At the moment I use these 2 products in conjunction with my orofluido oil and this has worked the best, even moreso than my old high maintenance routines of pre shampoo and post shampoo masks and all sorts of things.

this stuff sucks big time! first of all it smells horrible with the rosemary and mint combo and it made my hair a dried up puff ball not good this stuff needs to be reformulated i wish i could give it a "0"

on 11/2/2010 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

When dry, my hair is feeling at dry, and yet-product laden (and I use lotion and oils as styling tools) at the same time. When wet, my hair feels dirty, as if cleansing it out was incomplete.

on 10/29/2010 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This smelled so beautiful and refreshing, but it barely lathers and it really dries out my hair. My hair color doesn't look any duller, but I'm not sure if that's because I've used a good color or if this shampoo is actually effective. This makes my hair look very dry and straw-like. Big letdown. The search continues.

I hoped this would be an improvement over colorvive but it is not. My hair felt limp, and it did not protect my hair color.

on 2/1/2010 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was very disappointed with this shampoo. I purchased it after I coloured my highlighted hair back to dark. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Redken products which I use after I colour my hair. I didnt find this to be all that cheap (7.99) and it was very thick and hard to get out of the tube. It lathered well but left me with buildup and dull looking hair. By the time the bottle was 3/4 finished, it was too hard to squeeze out the rest and the tube went into the garbage.

on 1/2/2010 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to try this product on my recently colored hair. But I was disappointed. This shampoo is supposed to be smoothing, but my hair ends up with flyaways. Hair is unmanageable and hard to control. Would not buy again.

on 4/17/2009 11:33:00 AM

Love this shampoo.

It's hard to find a good, well-priced color-protect system that doesn't weigh your hair down - I've been using Garnier's color line, which works just fine for me, but it got to the point where it was really weighing my hair down, so I decided to try this, and it definately boots volume but doesn't strip my hair. Smells great and sudses up well, too.

I use this with the conditioner and the UV protect spray - for $6.99/each, it's waaaaaaay cheaper than TIGI's S-Factor or similar, and appears to me to work just as well. Easier to find than Alfaparf, too.

Highly recommended.