L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

2.4

Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexylcinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid

on 8/5/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best thing for my colored hair. I love it and will repurchase when I run out. Absolute favorite! The smell, the result, everything is great.

on 5/21/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

On my fine highighlighted hair this shampoo (and companion conditioner) were simply awful. Firstly, the scent alone was off putting. This shampoo dried my hair terribly and I noticed no color protection whatsoever. I ended up giving this to my mother who finished the bottle and asked me to pick a different product for her the next time around. In concept this is good, reality, not so much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Decent sulfate-free shampoo. No issues with using it--lathered nicely, smelled nice, got my hair good and clean. Price was okay. Would consider repurchasing at some point, but just finished my first bottle of this and I'm in no big hurry to replace it.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I rarely re-buy shampoos so I've used tons of brands in my lifetime. This has got to be the worst. It's hard to describe but it gives my hair this awful texture, like a stringy, frizzy, hard to comb, rat nest. But I used it with it's matching conditioner so that may play a role. And it completely sucks the moisture out of my scalp, leaving it so itchy that people probably assume I have lice. I bought it because i thought it'd be gentle and color-preserving but it doesn't seem to accomplish either. Oh and since I've started using it my scalp has been producing these weird waxy bits of junk its awful. I can't wait until the bottle is empty.

OH and it reeks. Like really strong astringent-y mens' cologne.

on 8/30/2012 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Product was very foamy which is surprising for a sulfate free shampoo and they substuted sulfate for harsher chemicals that does more damage then good for your hair. I colour my hair brown and this fades the colour faster then preserving it. I washed my hair twice and the hair already began to look brassy and dull unflattering. The scent is nice and all but the performance that it promises is misleading I don't recommend any of their sulfate free collection they replace sulfate for harsher chemicals that weakens your hair overtime to become brittle split ends brassy also their is silicone in this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I am so surprised to see a low rating on this shampoo because I absolutely love it. I have tried alot of sulfate free shampoo, most which are pretty nice but not geared towards color protecting. I use the bodify version and while not the best volumising one i've tried, it is definitely the best all rounder. Most volumising shampoos tend to dry out my hair and make it incredibly tangled, the best one I've tried is Tigi catwalk - Your Highness which would be my number one choice if it was cheaper and had color protecting properties. The L'oreal really cleanses my hair, lathers well and importantly doesnt leave my hair tangled, dry, flat or leave residues. The instant I used this, I could tell the difference and I still love it. The smell doesnt bother me at all, people have described it as an earthy smell which I dont mind at all, but honestly it doesnt really smell earthy to me. I haven't tried the conditioner yet because I love the smell of my garnier color last conditioner (not a fan of the shampoo though) and it is cheaper as well. I've heard mixed reviews on the conditioner so i may try it later down the track. At the moment I use these 2 products in conjunction with my orofluido oil and this has worked the best, even moreso than my old high maintenance routines of pre shampoo and post shampoo masks and all sorts of things.

on 10/14/2010 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

smells great, rich lather, very 'thick'. makes my hair really soft, but i don't feel that it cleans tooo well, but i attribute that to the lack of harsh sulfates. my hair feels healthy and i don't even need to use conditioner. smells great too!

EDIT-------------------
this shampoo made my scalp form these horrrible bumps! i think they're pimples, but they feel more like really bad ulcers! also it's rare that i get dandruff, but after using this shampoo for a week, i have major flakes. NO-NO IN MY BOOK. my brother got the same results from this shampoo. oh, and i figured out that my hair feels 'healthy' when using this shampoo, because it basically doesn't clean. it just kinda rinses away itself and nothing else. useless product. going straight to the trashbin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got the set (the conditioner and shampoo) as an Easter present. It was given to me because I color my hair every 6-8 weeks and it promises to help maintain your dye job without stripping it of color or oils. It's also sulfate free so it's supposed to have more natural qualities and ingredients to it. At first I was very skeptical to try this shampoo because I was told that only salon brands would protect colored hair and not drug store products but I gave it a go and tried it out. Here's what I have to conclude about it:

LIKES:
*It kept my hair feeling smooth, shiny, and not disheveled and knotty
*With many shampoos, I usually lose a bit of hair and it ends up sitting in my shower drain but with this one... no hair loss! None at all no matter what I do.
*It's a light-weight formula not so heavy that it leaves a residue
*The color stays intact and doesn't fade as far as I know of after using this product

DISLIKES:
*My hair is a little flyaway after using this product
*I don't know if it's giving me enough moisture

Would I buy it again? Probably not. It's not a bad shampoo by any means but it wasn't anything that made a big difference in my hair except for not losing any hair after washing. There are so many other shampoos to try that I don't want to sell myself short on one that I'm only so-so about. This one isn't bad though if you're trying to keep up your hair color.

on 6/27/2010 7:50:00 PM

Very hard to squeeze out of the tube and absolutely no lather, which I couldn't get used to. Also, felt like it was very hard to rinse out of my hair. But the worst part was the frizz: extreme frizz the length of the hair shaft from root to tip. I've never had frizz like that before and I got it every time I used this shampoo. I think this shampoo actually damaged my hair.

I hoped this would be an improvement over colorvive but it is not. My hair felt limp, and it did not protect my hair color.