L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Dry
L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

3.0

Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexylcinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid

on 5/27/2016 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is an okay shampoo. It's not my favorite, but it's a good drugstore buy if you are looking for sulfate-free. It's inexpensive and was gentle on my hair. I have dry and damaged hair. This shampoo says it's moisturizing. It wasn't, but at least it wasn't drying. It cleaned well and is fairly basic. It's not fancy, but it did the job and I have no complaints.

I didn't experience any issues others have noted.

Price: $5.99 USD for 11.5 oz (my bottle has a bonus 30% extra, so this may be larger than typical).

on 6/24/2013 1:12:00 AM

My main issue with this was that it gave me an itchy scalp. I've used other shampoos that were irritating but this was the worst so far. I really wanted to find a good drugstore brand sulfate free shampoo but so far no luck.

on 6/3/2013 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Tried this on a whim when I ran out of Redken Color Extend (which I like better) but so far this seems OK - especially for $7.99 (reduced from 9.99). I have once used it 3 times so far so I need more time before I render a final verdict.
Verdict is in - I like it - no issues with fading my color and lathers well and smells neutral.

on 7/10/2011 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I ran out of my John Frieda full body shampoo & conditioner and I couldn't find anymore at the store, so I picked this up. Honestly I do not like this product at all. It weighed down my hair soo much, I really can tell a big difference (& not a good one) when I switched to this shampoo. My hair had absolutely no volume, which wouldn't be that bad but this literally made my natural curls fall super flat. The smell sucks. Don't buy unless you already have naturally stick straight hair and actually need a color protective shampoo.

Although this shampoo feels quite silky, it's texture is deceptive. After using this for a week, my hair was very dry and very tangled even when wet. While this formula may be sls free, it definitely left me with the feeling that my color treated hair had been through rough treatment. I wanted an sls free shampoo to protect my color, never dreaming that the condition of my hair would suffer. I have since found a sls free shampoo I like that does not leave my hair a hot southern mess. I didn't finish the tube of Everpure, I trashed it. Good riddance.

on 2/18/2011 10:51:00 PM

I also have the keratin treatment in my hair and this is much more affordable than the sulfate free products that were recommended for $20 a bottle. This stuff on sale is $5 and suds up much better than the expensive stuff. At least my hair feels clean. I like it!

on 11/28/2009 1:00:00 AM

I love this shampoo! It's the only stuff I'll use. Only complaint is one bottle i got it was very very hard to get out! I had to squeeze super hard and there wasn't paper over the hole or anything. it was just really hard to get out! haha.

leaves my hair shiny and silky and makes my curls look great

on 5/24/2009 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: Definitely not an HG product; just average. I like that it has no sulfates, but it does not volumize my short, fine hair by itself. I have to use additional products to get that look.
Where did I buy this: CVS.
Price: Between $7 and $8.
Packaging: Standard stand-on-end tube with flip-top cap, which tends to accumulate shower water, which drips out cold when I open it again. Brrrrr in the colder months.
Would I buy again: No. I still prefer Giovanni Root 66. continued >>