3.2

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

I have a little redness around my nose and also a tiny area on my right cheek where I once had acne. The other day I re-discovered Clinique's Instant Relief Mineral Powder which has been sat in a pile of other cosmetic products in my drawer but I couldn't recall what my results were or why it was delegated over 90% full to the 'has-been' pile. My memory was soon about to be jogged! The moment I opened this there was a huge pile of powder sat waiting to fall out...and it did. Luckily I was stood over the sink whilst opening. There's a tray with holes separating the top compartment from the main but little use it is! Although I recall this coming with a small brush there was no sign of that so I substituted it for a regular soft brush I use. Applied according to instructions and goodness me...all this did was create a horrid yellow-chalky mess on my face. Tried using less and didn't get any redness coverage at all. Next I tried applying with my finger, literally spot applying and although I got some coverage it just looked too yellow and obvious - and nothing that a dab of concealer could not have done better. Looking back I wonder what I was thinking when purchasing this...I knew back then as well as I do now that green is the best color corrector for redness, hence why most beauty brands and cosmetics have green color correctors in their portfolio. Yellow? Now that's a first! And for me a last! Lesson learnt... Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Athletes Foot Treatment: 'Margaret Dabbs' - Foot Hygiene Cream 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 years ago

Eversince I purchased this product, using it almost everyday, I don't need foundation anymore. I start off with moisturizer, then primer, afterwards concealing my face, (blemishes, undereyes,...) fixing everything with Clinique Redness Solutions. I've never liked the feeling of heavy foundations on my (oily-combination) skin so I'm always trying to use as less make-up as possible. Since it's loose powder and therefore dry, it's the best way for me to prevent my skin from being shiny at the end of the day. If my skin gets really blemished because it's that certain time of the month, I use MAC Pro Longwear Powder or MAC Studio Fix over it for extra coverage. I'd totally repurchase this product.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

5 years ago

This is beautiful to set your under eye concealer!!!! I have so many powders for my under eye concealer, but this is my favorite. It's really fine powder, so it works perfectly for the skin under your eyes. It brightens, and prevents the concealer from going into the little lines under your eyes. It's gorgeous product. Highly recommend!!!!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

Well, I really liked the loose powder best...that said I have learned that the best way to get the same effect as the loose powder is to use a cotton ball and swipe across the pressed powder and make sure it is enough powder to cover the cotton ball well, then pat it on the reddest areas first and the lightly all over. It takes five or six times of this process to cover well, but it really is easy after you get use to the technique. You can also use a soft brush to even it out afterwards. I won't buy this again, but if you like press powder, then you will like this. I don't like the brush, it irritates my sensitive skin...the price is too high and you get less powder, which I am guessing this is the reason for the change to a press powder....but Clinique always stands behind it's product and you can return this if you don't like it. Clinique has been a life saver for my face, as I have Rosacea and this is the ONLY products that I can use...Thank You Clinique for your wonderful products!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

6 years ago

I’m glad I waited a few days before reviewing this, because if I’d reviewed it after one use, I’d have told you that I hate it! Now that I’ve used it for a few days, and adjusted how I was using it based on reading some of the reviews here (thanks ladies!!), I really like it. I’ve been applying it with a MAC 187 brush. The key for me is to build it up slowly and to wait a few minutes after each application to see how it will look once it’s set. It’s weird, yellow and powdery to start out with, but once it sets, it blends in well with my foundation, gives me a little glow and hides my redness. (not completely… but I’d need a paper bag over my head to accomplish that!) It doesn’t irritate my very sensitive (rosacea) skin and it lasts pretty much all day. I’m not 100% sure that the MAC 187 is the best tool for applying this loose powder, but it seems to work best out of all the brushes I’ve tried so far. (Let me just say that my Sephora bronzer brush was definitely the wrong choice!!... LOL… I looked like Big Bird, I was so yellow) I’m not sure how practical this powder is… it’s loose, so it’s not very portable and it takes a lot of time and practice to get the application right… but I do like what it accomplishes. I think I’ll try the pressed powder next.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

This stuff is my makeup security blanket. It gives a soft-focus lighting effect wherever I put it. New foundation I'm trying oxidized? Put this over it. Blush too bright? Put this over it. I use this every day that I put on makeup. I'm currently on my second container, and it lasts approximately forever...or however long you consider appropriate. Lol. To match the skintone on the perimeter of my face (nc42ish, usually wear MUFE HD 153), I have to carefully blend it and top it with a darker powder, but I leave it alone on my cheeks since I think it makes them just a bit brighter that way, a subtle highlight la Kim K. Really subtle-it might even just be me who sees it, lol-but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, amirite? ETA 3/1/14: My sister gave me her Bare Minerals Faux Tan Radiance powder but I found it too shimmery to use all over...so I tapped a bit into some of my Clinique Redness Reducing powder and voila, perfect mix of clean powder +subtle glowy brightening to finish my face :). Be careful not to use too much though, especially if you have dry skin, as it can go from perfectly matte to marie antoinette cakey that way.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

7 years ago

For me it works like no other powder does, it's invisible (if you apply just the right amount, if not it leaves a "yeloowish" look), instantly covers acne marks, redness, and even dissipates dark circles around the eyes, also it's a mineral powder, so it's better than some chemical ones.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I bought this powder (loose powder) for my mom for her birthday like 3 years ago.. she never used it! So I started using it just to experiment. I don't think I'm using it for what it's intended for, but I really like it! I use it to set my concealer.. I put concealer all over my eyelid & under eye area. I then put this powder over everything. It does really help brighten everything up. I also use it to catch fall outs when I use darker/dramatic eyeshadow. ONLY thing I don't like is the packaging. It gets messy. Other than that, I love it.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

7 years ago

For starters I only have this in the sample size but I will definitely be buying the full size. I don't have any redness but this evens out my NC42 skin nicely. I use it if I'm going to the gym or to set my foundation for work. But my favorite use for it is to set my under-eye concealer! It never creases and it brightens the eye area without looking dry or accentuating any of my fine lines. Clinique definitely has a winner in this product.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2.0

7 years ago

I bought this a long time ago and since then I started using elf´s complexion perfection which I fairly like. I have this in the pressed powder form, and the powder is very fine and yellow. I get the occasional redness of cheeks which I find absolutely unbearable, kind of like heat flashes in the cheeks, and this powder won´t help at all with that. It definitely counteracts some redness, at the expense of looking a bit pale, but for a product that´s targeted at people with severe redness problems, it´s a big miss! It´s not horrible, but no mircale product. I sometimes use it simply to set my foundation on my T-zone. Most expensive powder I have ever bought.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure