Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara

Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, I have to say that I have been Miss Smudgy Panda eyes ever since I started wearing makeup (many, many moons ago). Until I discovered tubing mascaras. But, I'm also on a limited budget, so Clinique represents the highest price I'm willing to pay for mascara.

So, I love High Impact Curling mascara! Goes on thicker than any other tubing formula I have tried, and stays all day. A little warm water and gently working the lashes between my fingers or a tissue takes the mascara "tubes" right off. Hi Impact Curling gives a much fuller look than Clinique's Lash Power mascara (although I haven't tried the new Lash Power Flutter-To-Full yet).

The curved brush is manageable, although I generally prefer straight mascara wands. I do have to be a bit careful about lashes sticking together with this one. But, as of the date of this review, I have tossed all my other mascaras, and so Frugal CaracalCat keeps only:
-Clinique High Impact Curling for evening and special occasions when you want a fuller mascara look
and
-Boots No.7 Stay Perfect gold-tube mascara (which is almost exactly half the price) for daytime.

on 8/9/2017 9:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Giving this a 4.5/5, adore the brush the curve is nice but the thickness of it, going from shorter bristles towards the end to long and thick bristles near the base is really unique and makes a nice difference for me. It's able to coat my lashes and pull them upward which is a difficult with my short stubborn lashes. I have noticed my brush looks a little different than it does in older reviews of this product. I am thinking they may have changed the brush over the years. The formula is tubing which I didn't know before purchasing. I really like the formula, doesn't smudge, smear or flake at all. It's pretty easy to remove with a little gentle rubbing with my oil cleanser. Gives great length but the volume is lacking which is why it lost 1/2 a rating. Would repurchase.

If you need an absolutely smudgeproof mascara, THIS IS IT!
I can put it on, wear it for 24 hours, sleep in it, and it will not budge.
I have chubby cheeks and "smile with my eyes", resulting in those raccoon eyes that no one ever tells you about. This product is the end of my search, highly recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As a girl with monolids, my main concern/nightmare with mascaras is smudging. This tubing mascara has so far been unbeaten in my search for my HG mascara for how well it performs in this aspect. I occasionally find the tiniest particles under my eyes after some hours, so it could be better.

The formula is not too wet and the brush is a good size and fit for my eyes. In fact, the curved shape feels much easier to use now than straight brush heads. This mascara gives my straight, Asian lashes a good amount of lift when first applied. My lashes do droop back to their natural state quickly afterwards though, so perhaps the assistance of a curler is needed. This is not the best mascara to build volume with though it is comfortable to wear even with several coats.

Overall, I like this product, but the price feels a bit high (around $40 AUD) for something I need to throw out after 3 months for hygiene reasons.

I decided to give this a try, because lately, my other old favorite mascaras just weren't cutting it anymore. I was tired of ending up with tiny little flakes under my eyes after several hours, or having to fix smudges at work...you know how it is.

I already have Clinique's Lash Power and it's been an HG of mine for years, but I primarily only use it for my lower lashes because it's difficult to remove, and the tube is quite small, so I can keep it longer that way. This performs very similarly, but gives a very different effect - and is easier to remove, but just as bulletproof! Woohoo!

Normally those curved brushes meant for curling don't really curl my lashes much, but somehow this one really does. The pointy tip really helps for getting all up in those corners to coat baby lashes that like to hide, and really plumps up the base of my lashes. I can put it on my top and bottom lashes and I know it won't come off all day, even when I wipe my face on accident, get sweaty, get splashed with water, etcetera. But like all other good tubing mascaras, it comes off easy with warm water and gentle pressure.

If you love the Blinc mascaras but find they're not black enough for you, and/or are too expensive, I would definitely say go with this (that was my main reasoning). It makes my lashes look really thick and curled, giving me a great voluminous lash look for everyday.

I have been using this mascara for many years. It doesn't smudge at all. but the most important for me and why I keep repurchasing is that it goes away with warm water. I used to hate removing my mascara, trying to swipe away the black under my eyes, the feel of eye make-up remover inside my eyes. It was a nightmare. With this I just wash my face with warm water and use my foam cleanser all over my face.

on 2/1/2016 11:40:00 AM

This is a really good tubing mascara. It stays put and won't run. However, it doesn't come off as easily as they say... It does take some effort with soap and water but it's well worth it.

on 12/11/2015 1:45:00 AM

This mascara rules. All others seem to smudge or clump but not this one. Looks pretty, lasts all day without smudging beneath my eyes, comes off easily with warm water. I do find that it goes on more smoothly if my lashes are a bit damp. This replaced my hg fiberwig when sephora stopped carrying it. Love that it's easy to find and not too expensive for the quality.

on 12/7/2015 8:13:00 AM

this is my staple makeup product. have been repurchasing so many times! it perfectly curls lashes, is available in brown color, and is not smudging. my eyes look perfect when I use it and the fact it is tube mascara makes it even better, I just take shower in the evening and it comes off itself. I hope they will never discontinue it!

on 10/20/2015 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this mascara for about 5 years now and I love it sooooooo much, I have straight lashes but I don't like curling them as I once read this debilitates your lashes (I don't know if its true or not, but I wanted to find a mascara that curled my lashes without an extra step or accessory). So I chose this one 'cause a friend of mine recommend it to me and as I tried it I fell more and more in love with it, I only curl my lashes when I want to really pump them up for extra drama, but the mascara alone will really curl yours lashes by itself. Each tube lasts me about 4 months. To remove it you could use warm water (heavy crying definitely will take it off) or your regular makeup remover product without much trouble. I also love that it doesn't leave a black dusty residue in your eyes as some other mascaras.