Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara

Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara

3.5

I decided to give this a try, because lately, my other old favorite mascaras just weren't cutting it anymore. I was tired of ending up with tiny little flakes under my eyes after several hours, or having to fix smudges at work...you know how it is.

I already have Clinique's Lash Power and it's been an HG of mine for years, but I primarily only use it for my lower lashes because it's difficult to remove, and the tube is quite small, so I can keep it longer that way. This performs very similarly, but gives a very different effect - and is easier to remove, but just as bulletproof! Woohoo!

Normally those curved brushes meant for curling don't really curl my lashes much, but somehow this one really does. The pointy tip really helps for getting all up in those corners to coat baby lashes that like to hide, and really plumps up the base of my lashes. I can put it on my top and bottom lashes and I know it won't come off all day, even when I wipe my face on accident, get sweaty, get splashed with water, etcetera. But like all other good tubing mascaras, it comes off easy with warm water and gentle pressure.

If you love the Blinc mascaras but find they're not black enough for you, and/or are too expensive, I would definitely say go with this (that was my main reasoning). It makes my lashes look really thick and curled, giving me a great voluminous lash look for everyday.

on 2/1/2016 11:40:00 AM

This is a really good tubing mascara. It stays put and won't run. However, it doesn't come off as easily as they say... It does take some effort with soap and water but it's well worth it.

To Read all 168 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/11/2015 1:45:00 AM

This mascara rules. All others seem to smudge or clump but not this one. Looks pretty, lasts all day without smudging beneath my eyes, comes off easily with warm water. I do find that it goes on more smoothly if my lashes are a bit damp. This replaced my hg fiberwig when sephora stopped carrying it. Love that it's easy to find and not too expensive for the quality.

on 12/7/2015 8:13:00 AM

this is my staple makeup product. have been repurchasing so many times! it perfectly curls lashes, is available in brown color, and is not smudging. my eyes look perfect when I use it and the fact it is tube mascara makes it even better, I just take shower in the evening and it comes off itself. I hope they will never discontinue it!

on 10/20/2015 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this mascara for about 5 years now and I love it sooooooo much, I have straight lashes but I don't like curling them as I once read this debilitates your lashes (I don't know if its true or not, but I wanted to find a mascara that curled my lashes without an extra step or accessory). So I chose this one 'cause a friend of mine recommend it to me and as I tried it I fell more and more in love with it, I only curl my lashes when I want to really pump them up for extra drama, but the mascara alone will really curl yours lashes by itself. Each tube lasts me about 4 months. To remove it you could use warm water (heavy crying definitely will take it off) or your regular makeup remover product without much trouble. I also love that it doesn't leave a black dusty residue in your eyes as some other mascaras.

I give it a 5 bc it is the only mascara that doesn't smudge on me . It's a pain to remove bc it's warm water and cloth removal only bc it's tube mascara but if I have to go to a wedding or funeral it's the best.

on 5/15/2015 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Been using this Mascara for years. Loving the fact it can easily be removed with just warm water. Also really like the curved brush. My lashes are naturally curly so I don't really have an opinion on how well it holds a curl. It lengthens and feathers the lashes beautifully. When trying to decide between 4 and 5 lippies I chose the former because I wish it gave just a bit more volume. That can usually be dealt with by layering the product but then it sometimes clumps. Nothing that a good lash comb couldn't handle but it is an extra step.

on 4/17/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another Clinique mascara that did really nothing to me (like their High impact one...)
Well, perhaps it performed a bit better than the High impact (it actually curled my eyelashes a bit more) but again, it's nothing too impressive for me to buy. I used a sample found in one of their Bonus time.
It doesn't leave much of Panda eyes when the weather is warm/it rains etc, but sometimes if it's too warm, I do detect the faint black mascara-circle under my eyes. And no, it's not even near as good as the legendary EL double wear mascara, which is a bit more expensive, but actually performs much better.
It's great to have a sample of this, but I don't think I will rush to buy it as soon as it's over...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

My lashes are naturally curled, long, and thick. This mascara made them short, straight, and clumpier than your average 14 year old girls eyelashes. Its horrible. I know how to properly apply mascara, how to achieve feathered look, dolleyed look, length, volume, winged... the formula is just gross and impossible to work with. it doesn't layer or build, it clumps the second you apply it, and its so wet... takes a long time to dry. Don't even TRY your bottoms unless you're going for that Pushed-in-a-pool look. I love clinique but I was truly disappointed.

on 3/19/2015 5:59:00 PM

i HATE this mascara. it somehow makes me look like i have 3 very long and very thin lashes (when in fact i have pretty good lashes- long, thick and full).
the formula is a little bit on the wet side. the brush is curved like a spoon the the bristles go shorter towards the tip. as a result you get too much product on the tip. it's weird because that way most of the product gets on the lashes on the inner side of your eye.
can't say anything about staying power because i take it right off every time i decide to give it another try. i'm glad i didn't pay full price for this.
the color is pretty: i got the black- brown version (no. 2) and it's a rich dark brown that looks like black but not as stark against my super pale skin.