Nexxus dualiste shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Nexxus dualiste shampoo

on 9/15/2010 10:54:00 AM

Thank goodness I bought this stuff when it was on sale, I would have promptly returned if I had paid full price. This review to be clear is for the Dualiste Color Protect Intense Hydration (the dark blue bottle not the purple or green one). First time I used it left my hair plastic feeling, not at all like any shampoo I have ever tried in my whole life. It really confused me so I thought wow, I really did not wash that stuff out. So I tried the second time again & sure enough my hair was plastic & plastered to my head like I have never seen so much so that I had to wear my hair in a pony tail all day at work. Just gross, which leads me to the funny part. My crazy b/f LOVES it! He uses it in place of conditioner at times! I guess if you have long hair it is horrifying, but maybe for short hair okay? Who knows, but I don't really care how much he loves it, I won't be buying it again! Also, the pump is very hard to dispense product out of making it a two hander kind of action, but the smell is actually good.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

really wanted to love this as it was my first "expensive" shampoo. However, i found that it doesn't really lather well (and i have short hair) so I end up having to use a lot of product for one wash. I wash my hair every other day so it's not like its because my hair is too dirty, lol. also didn't really notice any difference in the quality of my hair after using for a while.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

This is a review for the Dualiste in the Purple Bottle (anti-breakage). I have used this for approximately a week and really think it's made a difference in the way my hair behaves. The ends were feeling pretty dry I was worried about breakage. I had a coupon to get $3 off a Nexxus product in Target and had been wanting to try this. After just a few days the dryness disappeared and my hair was very soft and shiny. I don't color my hair frequently (approx every 2 months, even though the red fades out pretty much by then). I can't yet comment on the keeping the hair from fading factor, but for helping to prevent breakage this works well, I don't hear the "snaps" I used to when I brush my hair out at night. It runs $13 a bottle and come sin a pump bottle, which some people are saying they don't care for but I find dispenses the right amount of product for me. Would definitely purchase again.

on 7/3/2009 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This review is for the Nexxus Dualiste in the blue bottle - Color Protection + Intense Hydration. I've used this for several weeks after getting my hair colored. The Nexxus website states this has 40% better color protection (than what?). I have long, dry, color treated hair and am always in need of hydration. So far I like this shampoo fairly well. It does feel conditioning when I use it. It hasn't qualified as HG yet, but I would buy this again for the hydration and color protection. I bought it with the matching conditioner and took the conditioner back because it wasn't hydrating enough. I'm currently using this with Feria conditioner from Sally's, which is a heavy conditioner.

I really love this shampoo! It works for me, finally! I have long, color-treated, flat but frizzy and damaged blonde hair that gets greasy at the top. UGH!
Anyway, I bought this (not that pricey!) because I was attracted by the separated chambers. Is it necessary? I'm not sure. It could be an advertising gimmick, but it doesn't matter because the stuff works!

Most shampoos made for color treated hair doesn't lather, and I hate that! But this one lathers very nicely. It smells nice, not a very noticeable scent. My hair is SO smooth and easy to comb through after! My scalp doesn't get so greasy so fast either! Was it a miracle in a bottle? Maybe not, but it made positive notable differences, and for the price, it can't be beat!

Definite buy again and I would recommend this to anyone considering!

on 4/25/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been thinking for ages how I wised that companies would come out with a shampoo or conditioner that could both keep my color longer and give me volume. TaDA! I really like this product. I obviously use the one for color and volume and it makes my hair soft and gives me great volume. I think this product still does not keep color as long as some color keeping only shampoos, but if it works some for color and gives me volume too so I am happy. I haven't tried the condition yet but plan to. Oh, and though of course I wish this product had environmentally friendly packaging and ingredients (which it doesn't) the bottle does really appeal to me more than the basic flip top which I always end up getting water in or making a mess of.

on 2/18/2009 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Yay! I love this shampoo. It was under $12 at walmart, so i picked up the blue bottle--shampoo and conditioner. I remember checking out the ingredients and it seemed so similar to the nexxus humectress shampoo that I got from costco...yet the dualiste one is superior. It makes my hair so soft and good-smelling! I like how you get the two-delivery shampoo cause of the unique pump-packaging. Can't wait to try more from this line!

on 2/14/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just used the Anti-Breakage shampoo and conditioner tonight right after coloring and I LOVE it! It takes one pump to lather up nicely. The smell is sweet, but not overbearing, just a hint left on the hair. The conditioner instantly smoothed my hair and when washed out it felt so silky. I then towel dried my hair and sprayed on the Nexxus Dualiste Daily Leave in Conditioner before blow drying. Once done with my blow out, my hair was super shiny, silky, smooth not a frizz in sight! I am sold, it's staying on the bathroom shelf and bye bye Herbal Essences until later.

UPDATE: 4/23/09- WOW AMAZING!! I have been using the Dualiste Anti-Breakage set along w/ the Dualiste leave in conditioner for 2months now. My hair is much thicker, stronger, healthier, shinier and definetely does not break easily!! I haven't had breakage since using these products. The products do not build up at all and are consistent in leaving my hair super soft and tangle free after every wash without fail. I refuse to use any other products on my hair but this. This also leaves my hair so smooth and frizz free that I haven't used a flat iron since starting this line. I have wavy hair that reaches mid back and even my stylist asks me to bring the shampoo/conditioner/leave in on the day I want to have a trim. She says my hair is so manageable that it's super easy for her to cut and give me the look I'm going for! The salon she's in is considering changing to the Dualiste after seeing such great results everytime with my hair! :)

on 2/2/2009 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the Dualiste anti-breakage formula in the purple and white bottle. The smell is very sweet, and normally I do not like sweet scents. This one is very nice, reminds me of Cherry Jello for some reason. The shampoo is very thick, and it takes quite a few pumps to prime the applicator on the initial use, but it's all good after that. It does contain SLS, but even after several uses this has been very gentle on my hair.