Nexxus dualiste shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Nexxus dualiste shampoo

3.1

I ended up buying this product a few months ago at Walgreens. It was on clearance, so I am assuming that it got discontinued from their line. I finished both bottles of the shampoo and conditioner, and i couldnt stand them. Even though the product was on sale, i stilk spent about $14 per bottle- so I wanted to make sure they got finished because I didnt want it to go to waste. It was supposed to make my hair soft, hydrated and more manageable. This was a joke. I had to wash my hair EVERY DAY bevause it ended up making my hair oily, and really weighed down. I hated it! The only pro of this product was the bottle itself, how it looked and the 'dual' pump, with two products in one. Considering Nexxus is such a solid brand that I can always rely on... I was very disappointed. I will jot buy this product again... but will purchase other shampoo and conditioners from another Nexxus line, that I know works well witg my hair, and I know I love!

on 9/15/2010 10:54:00 AM

Thank goodness I bought this stuff when it was on sale, I would have promptly returned if I had paid full price. This review to be clear is for the Dualiste Color Protect Intense Hydration (the dark blue bottle not the purple or green one). First time I used it left my hair plastic feeling, not at all like any shampoo I have ever tried in my whole life. It really confused me so I thought wow, I really did not wash that stuff out. So I tried the second time again & sure enough my hair was plastic & plastered to my head like I have never seen so much so that I had to wear my hair in a pony tail all day at work. Just gross, which leads me to the funny part. My crazy b/f LOVES it! He uses it in place of conditioner at times! I guess if you have long hair it is horrifying, but maybe for short hair okay? Who knows, but I don't really care how much he loves it, I won't be buying it again! Also, the pump is very hard to dispense product out of making it a two hander kind of action, but the smell is actually good.

Nothing special. Too expensive for a such a basic shampoo that doesn't do anything extra to moisturize processed hair. Neat idea though.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this shampoo it doesnt dry out my hair like other shampoos do and still leaves a little bit of oil keeping it nice and shiny. As for color protecting it only helped a little bit when i was a red head my hair would not be as vibrant after the first week of coloring it. With this it postponed it to a week and a half. Its way to expensive I got this for about $20 at my local walmart this is definatly not for people on a budget. So i will continue my search for a good shampoo with these qualities without costing so much money.

I really love this shampoo! It works for me, finally! I have long, color-treated, flat but frizzy and damaged blonde hair that gets greasy at the top. UGH!
Anyway, I bought this (not that pricey!) because I was attracted by the separated chambers. Is it necessary? I'm not sure. It could be an advertising gimmick, but it doesn't matter because the stuff works!

Most shampoos made for color treated hair doesn't lather, and I hate that! But this one lathers very nicely. It smells nice, not a very noticeable scent. My hair is SO smooth and easy to comb through after! My scalp doesn't get so greasy so fast either! Was it a miracle in a bottle? Maybe not, but it made positive notable differences, and for the price, it can't be beat!

Definite buy again and I would recommend this to anyone considering!

on 4/25/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been thinking for ages how I wised that companies would come out with a shampoo or conditioner that could both keep my color longer and give me volume. TaDA! I really like this product. I obviously use the one for color and volume and it makes my hair soft and gives me great volume. I think this product still does not keep color as long as some color keeping only shampoos, but if it works some for color and gives me volume too so I am happy. I haven't tried the condition yet but plan to. Oh, and though of course I wish this product had environmentally friendly packaging and ingredients (which it doesn't) the bottle does really appeal to me more than the basic flip top which I always end up getting water in or making a mess of.

on 3/23/2009 6:33:00 PM

I love this shampoo. The smell is great and a little does go a long way like everyone was saying. It makes your hair really soft, smooth and shiny! I don't have to flat iron my hair anymore as it doesn't get poofy but it doesn't get weighed down either. It is perfect.

on 2/17/2009 10:07:00 AM

Really disappointed in this product. First off -- very hard to dispense -- and found it was just nothing special -- sort of a big gimic -- with two chambers of product combining into one (like toothpastes). Why does it need to be separated? And product was hard to rinse from hair. Smelled way too sweet for my taste - like candy. Love the standard Nexxus products but this one is not for me.