Clinique Turnaround Revitalizing Instant Facial

Clinique  Turnaround Revitalizing Instant Facial

3.6

Ingredients: water, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, diatomaceous earth, butylene glycol, methyl trimethicone, lauryl metharcrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, acetyl glucosamine, c12-14 pareth-12, sodium cocoyl sarcosinate, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, glycerin, salicylic acid, castanea sativa seed extract, laminaria saccharina extract, salvia sclarea extract, polygonum cuspidatum root extract, oryza sativa bran extract, creatine, saccharomyces lysate extract, yeast extract, ethylhexylglycerin, caffeine, allyl methacrylates crosspolymer, di-c12-18 alkyldimonium chloride, adeonsine phosphate, chamomilla recutita, arginine, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, alumina, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxytydrocinnamate, disodium edta, sorbic acid, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, ext.violet 2 (ci 60730), blue 1 (ci 42090), titanium dioxide (ci 77891)

on 2/10/2018 4:19:00 PM

Clinique is skincare’s fast food. Should your skin need anything special you won’t find it there. Such a bore of products!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I purchased this because I have loved every single product in the Turnaround Revitalizing line that I've tried - until now. My skin is dry, aging, rosacean, reactive/sensitive, and acne-prone. The Turnaround line contains PHAs (polyhydroxy acids) which are a great choice for rosacean skin because they exfoliate more gently than AHAs or BHAs. I use the Turnaround serum daily for gentle exfoliation with the side benefit that it's also lightly moisturizing, and it's one of my favorite products that I can't live without. My hope was that I could use the mask once or twice a week for exfoliation, helpen to brighten my skin and allow my moisturizer to be more effective.

Pros:
- Price is fairly reasonable ($40 US) + product is widely available
- This mask is called "instant" because it contains scrubber beads - the same ones in Clinique's 7-Day Scrub Cream (a much better product than this one). Most rosaceans will find the beads too harsh + irritating but for me, they offered some exfoliation without irritation. (I'm not sure what the beads are made of but I would bet they aren't the best for the environment.)
- Doesn't cause breakouts

Cons:
- Unlike the Turnaround serum which is in a moisturizing base, the mask is more appropriate for oily skin because it's a clay base (= mucho drying). My skin is as dry as an old bone, especially this time of year (dead of Winter) so a clay mask that sucks out all traces of moisture is exactly what I don't need. Every time I used it, I had to immediately slather on Paula's Choice Hydrating Treatment Mask to avoid flakes/irritation.
- Ineffectual: Other than the drying from the clay + manual exfoliation from the beads, this mask doesn't do much of anything.

This mask is a waste of money and definitely did not increase my skin's glow - no revitalization happened. I'll stick to using the Turnaround serum daily + my beloved Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant (similar but much more effective) once a week.

on 1/1/2018 2:43:00 PM

Ok. I had to write this review after reading some of the other reviews here. I'm on my first tube after trying out a free sample from Macy's. Why is everyone so obsessed with this so called glitter? I must be blind but I don't see any glitter. That being said, as a woman of almost 73 (choking as I say it), I've been there, done that when it comes to skin care and cosmetics. I'm a Clinique fan.

I have sensitive fair skin with some lines around my mouth and some uneven skin spots that look better because I use this product and also because I do have from the dermatologist's office a tube of lightening cream that I use from time to time.

This scrub/mask needs to be PATTED on, not massaged. It says to do it on a dry clean face. I learned the hard way that if you massage it on, it is too grainy and harsh. That's one thing the directions do not make clear. The good part about it is that you only need five minutes! Since I don't have the patience to use a 15 minute mask, I like the idea that you only need five minutes. So I put it on and during the five minutes, I put body lotion on (this after my shower). Before washing the mask off, splash lukewarm water on and GENTLY massage the granules all over. Rinse thoroughly and your skin will feel nice and smooth. At least mine did. I experienced no redness. For me that's important as I'm prone to rosacea. I wash after with Redness Soothing Cleanser and Cetaphil gentle cleanser, then rinse off. I use other products after but this review is only for this one so that's it.

on 12/26/2016 2:01:00 PM

It contains a lot of mica thus makes your face glittery and the gritty scrub irritates skin. Ph is too high for exfoliation to occur, i just tossed mine in rubish bin hoping and praying it doesnt do damage on my skin, the skin turns very red and raw after using it

The acne mask is much better than this, pls try a sample first before buying the full size, dont waste your money

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So, I've used this mask once. So far, so good. I thought it was a thick mask that you left on for 15 min or longer and it moisturized your skin and plumped it up. Not sure where I got that from but this is a scrub/mask. I wasn't expecting it to be so grainy.

Other reviewers have said that it is glittery. It is NOT GLITTERY. This drives me crazy when people overexaggerate a scent, etc. There is a slight iridescence to the mask but it doesn't stay on your skin at all...not that I could tell.

The consistency is nice, it's extremely smooth like the moisture surge gel moisturizer. It has a lot of slip like conditioner so be warned when you squeeze the tube. It basically came running out on me.

There's no particular scent. There's a lot of product for the money. I paid around $40 and you only need a small amount to cover your face. The consistency is smooth but when you swipe it on, there are small granules that I didn't expect. After putting the mask on, let it dry for 5 min then massage off.

My skin felt smooth. It burned a little bit afterwards when I put my serum on. Granted, I use even better serum every night which I probably won't do again when I use this mask again. Both products do similar things.

This definitely brightened my skin after a couple of uses and cleared up some breakouts. I'm not sure if I will repurchase just because I would rather spend $40 on a nice face cream. I've enjoyed using it so far but don't feel that I need the added step to my cleansing routine.

on 2/4/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This such-mask leaves my skin soft but it isn't driving me crazy. Also, it has a lot of glitter. Why? What is it for? I don't know. I don't think I'll repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think this is a good weekly exfoliator, leaves skin smooth and is non-irritating for me. The "brightening effect via... glitter!" is a cheap trick, though - it's beneath you, Clinique! I would perhaps purchase again, although right now I just want to see what else is out there and I am not convinced that this is has worthy bells & whistles beyond its use as an exfoliating scrub.

on 1/13/2014 4:15:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought a pack with this mask, serum and night cream. I love trying new products.
The mask did a good job exfoliating, and my skin felt good afterwards. The product had a lot of sparkle, which I did not notice until after my shower. I had used the mask on my face, and there were hardly any sparkles left there. But my chest was covered in sparkles! Any they lasted for so long. The was still sparkles on my skin after my shower the next day.

Despite the sparkles, I will use the rest of the mask. It did a fine job, but was definitely not good enough to repurchase (although if given to me as present, or part of set, I would use it up).

on 1/9/2014 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Want to love this product but hated it with a passion, it caused big blind spots on my cheeks which looked like a hormonal problem, im so dissapointed with this as its so expensive and the awful blind pimples hang around for months.

on 1/4/2014 1:54:00 AM

I've only just bought this product but I'm pretty impressed. It does leave your skin baby smooth and fresh.

Application is pretty easy as you only have to wait 5 mins. The consistency is small granules so you don't feel like you're stripping your skin of its natural oils.

It's pricey like any of the Clinique products, but I've not found a microderbrasion mask that works this well before.

When you remove the mask, you're left with a bit of a glitter face! This must be from the granules in the product. But I think it just makes your skin glow even more! Would recommend this to people who want to reveal their fresh baby skin underneath :)