3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

It’s an exfoliating mask. Yes, it’s got shimmer in it. I honestly wouldn’t call it glitter- it’s extremely fine. Most of rinses off with the mask but yes, some shimmer stays on your skin. Yes, it will make you skin look more radiant because of the shimmer. Yes, the “radiance” is a lie. The effect is like a very fine shimmery highlighter applied very lightly. I honestly cannot see individual shimmer/glitter particles unless I nearly press my nose up against the mirror. Honestly, I don’t get how upset some people are over this. Pretty much anything you buy in a department store that promises “instant” results either is lying or it’s a cosmetic, not a treatment. This is a perfectly fine physical exfoliant mask at a fairly reasonsable price that also gives you the appearance of glowy skin via some shimmer, like a lot of highlighters. I like it. I use it every now and then when I want that little “extra”. Like most physical exfoliants it can be a little too rough for sensitive skin, and even if your skin’s not sensitive you should use a light touch or it could be too harsh.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

My skin is really starting to do some unpleasant things as I enter menopause, looking dull, uneven and feeling rough. I am hesitant to try more intensive targeted skin treatments (like retinol) so I’m starting with aha/bha products. I still need to do my homework and research the ingredients in this product, but do see salicylic acid which my skin does very well with. If I use just simple moisturizers aimed at my dry skin type then I start to get skin that feels sort of like an orange peel. This mask helps to remove dead skin cell buildup and it has a little bit of scrub in it as well. It leaves my skin glowing, fresh and smooth. I use it only once or twice a week so I don’t overdo things and have added other turnaround products to my routine as well, as recommended by Clinique to “maintain results”. My skin has exhibited signs of sensitivity in the past and I am happy to say this hasn’t caused me any problems. I’ll probably repurchase this, I could really use some help and plan to continue to include some form of a mild, exfoliating mask in my skin care routine. It’s expensive and I have no idea how long one tube will last, but I do spread it on thin and really like the results I’m getting. My skin has been looking great and feels way softer than it has in years!

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2.0

2 years ago

When I was reading about this product, I thought it would work wonderfully for my skin. I was disappointed with it though. The scrub is very abrasive. I didn't feel comfortable using this product, it felt very harsh. I used it as directed as a mask, and I was underwhelmed with the results. It has a weird glitter in it, or it leaves your face with a "radiant glow" which is imparted with the mica that is in it. Not a fan. I returned it after I used it a couple times.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

1.0

2 years ago

Clinique is skincare’s fast food. Should your skin need anything special you won’t find it there. Such a bore of products!

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2.0

2 years ago

I purchased this because I have loved every single product in the Turnaround Revitalizing line that I've tried - until now. My skin is dry, aging, rosacean, reactive/sensitive, and acne-prone. The Turnaround line contains PHAs (polyhydroxy acids) which are a great choice for rosacean skin because they exfoliate more gently than AHAs or BHAs. I use the Turnaround serum daily for gentle exfoliation with the side benefit that it's also lightly moisturizing, and it's one of my favorite products that I can't live without. My hope was that I could use the mask once or twice a week for exfoliation, helpen to brighten my skin and allow my moisturizer to be more effective. Pros: - Price is fairly reasonable ($40 US) + product is widely available - This mask is called "instant" because it contains scrubber beads - the same ones in Clinique's 7-Day Scrub Cream (a much better product than this one). Most rosaceans will find the beads too harsh + irritating but for me, they offered some exfoliation without irritation. (I'm not sure what the beads are made of but I would bet they aren't the best for the environment.) - Doesn't cause breakouts Cons: - Unlike the Turnaround serum which is in a moisturizing base, the mask is more appropriate for oily skin because it's a clay base (= mucho drying). My skin is as dry as an old bone, especially this time of year (dead of Winter) so a clay mask that sucks out all traces of moisture is exactly what I don't need. Every time I used it, I had to immediately slather on Paula's Choice Hydrating Treatment Mask to avoid flakes/irritation. - Ineffectual: Other than the drying from the clay + manual exfoliation from the beads, this mask doesn't do much of anything. This mask is a waste of money and definitely did not increase my skin's glow - no revitalization happened. I'll stick to using the Turnaround serum daily + my beloved Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant (similar but much more effective) once a week.

About reviewer (504 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

Ok. I had to write this review after reading some of the other reviews here. I'm on my first tube after trying out a free sample from Macy's. Why is everyone so obsessed with this so called glitter? I must be blind but I don't see any glitter. That being said, as a woman of almost 73 (choking as I say it), I've been there, done that when it comes to skin care and cosmetics. I'm a Clinique fan. I have sensitive fair skin with some lines around my mouth and some uneven skin spots that look better because I use this product and also because I do have from the dermatologist's office a tube of lightening cream that I use from time to time. This scrub/mask needs to be PATTED on, not massaged. It says to do it on a dry clean face. I learned the hard way that if you massage it on, it is too grainy and harsh. That's one thing the directions do not make clear. The good part about it is that you only need five minutes! Since I don't have the patience to use a 15 minute mask, I like the idea that you only need five minutes. So I put it on and during the five minutes, I put body lotion on (this after my shower). Before washing the mask off, splash lukewarm water on and GENTLY massage the granules all over. Rinse thoroughly and your skin will feel nice and smooth. At least mine did. I experienced no redness. For me that's important as I'm prone to rosacea. I wash after with Redness Soothing Cleanser and Cetaphil gentle cleanser, then rinse off. I use other products after but this review is only for this one so that's it.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesHazel

1.0

3 years ago

It contains a lot of mica thus makes your face glittery and the gritty scrub irritates skin. Ph is too high for exfoliation to occur, i just tossed mine in rubish bin hoping and praying it doesnt do damage on my skin, the skin turns very red and raw after using it The acne mask is much better than this, pls try a sample first before buying the full size, dont waste your money

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

5 years ago

So, I've used this mask once. So far, so good. I thought it was a thick mask that you left on for 15 min or longer and it moisturized your skin and plumped it up. Not sure where I got that from but this is a scrub/mask. I wasn't expecting it to be so grainy. Other reviewers have said that it is glittery. It is NOT GLITTERY. This drives me crazy when people overexaggerate a scent, etc. There is a slight iridescence to the mask but it doesn't stay on your skin at all...not that I could tell. The consistency is nice, it's extremely smooth like the moisture surge gel moisturizer. It has a lot of slip like conditioner so be warned when you squeeze the tube. It basically came running out on me. There's no particular scent. There's a lot of product for the money. I paid around $40 and you only need a small amount to cover your face. The consistency is smooth but when you swipe it on, there are small granules that I didn't expect. After putting the mask on, let it dry for 5 min then massage off. My skin felt smooth. It burned a little bit afterwards when I put my serum on. Granted, I use even better serum every night which I probably won't do again when I use this mask again. Both products do similar things. This definitely brightened my skin after a couple of uses and cleared up some breakouts. I'm not sure if I will repurchase just because I would rather spend $40 on a nice face cream. I've enjoyed using it so far but don't feel that I need the added step to my cleansing routine.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

5 years ago

This such-mask leaves my skin soft but it isn't driving me crazy. Also, it has a lot of glitter. Why? What is it for? I don't know. I don't think I'll repurchase.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I think this is a good weekly exfoliator, leaves skin smooth and is non-irritating for me. The "brightening effect via... glitter!" is a cheap trick, though - it's beneath you, Clinique! I would perhaps purchase again, although right now I just want to see what else is out there and I am not convinced that this is has worthy bells & whistles beyond its use as an exfoliating scrub.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29