Sexy Hair Concepts Play Dirty Texturizing Hairspray

Sexy Hair Concepts Play Dirty Texturizing Hairspray

4.7

on 7/13/2016 10:42:00 PM

I have super fine, straight hair and have tried every product under the sun for volume and texture... This is the one and only that really works and I have repurchased. A little volume, a little texture, some shine, some hold,and NO weighed down, greasy look that every single other product gives my hair. LOVE

on 11/28/2015 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The only thing I don't like about dry texturizing sprays is that they leave a very matte finish. The last thing I want is to dull the shine but I also want texture and grit, so what to do? I discovered this product by accident when I was looking for a texturizing product that wouldn't affect my hair's natural shine. This is a spray wax, which is something totally different and unlike anything I've tried. I thought it was likely that this product would also give me a matte finish so I was pleasantly surprised when it added a really nice glossy sheen. But it also gives me the texturizing properties that separate my layers and gives me that sexy, tousled bedhead look that's so on trend right now. It also gives me a little volume to boot, which is always nice. I have at least 5 dry texturizing sprays sitting on my bathroom counter and each one gives me varying degrees of grit. But they all leave that disturbing matte finish and most of them are difficult to brush through on the 2nd day. But Play Dirty is not like that at all. It definitely adds texture but it also gives me a nice amount of natural looking shine (as long as I don't spray too much). I just do a couple of spritzes all over and underneath and then I scrunch a bit to break up the layers. Play Dirty also has nice flexible hold and it smells wonderful too. So far, I'm liking everything about it. The trick is experimenting with the right amount. Too much and hair ends up greasy. Spray too little and it doesn't have much effect. But when the amount is right, my hair looks awesome. I use a curling iron to create beachy waves and then I brush through the curls just once to loosen them up a bit. I then use Play Dirty and flip upside down and scrunch the product through as it dries. This is the perfect application method for me. I get texture AND shine and also hold that lasts all day. I've also used it at the roots for volume. It works well this way too. The only drawback to this product is that it can build up somewhat, so be sure you're using a clarifying shampoo occasionally. This is the first spray wax I've used and I have to say I'm really pleased with the results. It seems that this product gives me all the properties I've been looking for and the best part is: no matte finish!! I definitely recommend it but I'm not sure it would be suitable for fine hair. It may be way too heavy if your hair is fine and long but because my hair is medium in texture and medium thick, it works fine for me. This small can will last quite a while because I only need a small amount to do the job. I don't mind paying more for a product that does what it promises. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all the other texturizing sprays I have!! I guess they're destined for the recycle bin, lol!

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

love this stuff, smells kind of like Burt's bee's old delicious smelling honey lotion, products, works great at texturizing hair too

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS. My lifestyle is fast and I have many long days, this wax keeps my short hair looking like a million bucks. It's hairspray, but reworkable. I do my hair at 7am and can restyle and relift it in the bathroom with my hands at work around 8pm and look as great as when I did it. A little goes a long way. Make sure you have a good clarifying shampoo, it can build up if used everyday.

on 3/12/2012 11:12:00 PM

This might be me favorite hair product ever. I have had so many friends ask me what I started using lately. It makes my curls so light and bouncy. Wow. It doesn't weigh them down at all. I use a leave-in conditioner and spray this on damp hair. It really does add life to the curls and doesn't leave it crunchy. I used this on my curls on a whim, but it's great for first day and second day hair. I am buying more because I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't find it. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Play Dirty is a hairspray with light hold. I first tried it when my hairdresser used it on me and I think I'm in love. Play Dirty does a nice job of smoothing hair and taming frizzies. But the real selling point is the shine. It gives your hair a pretty shine, like in the shampoo commercials. Extremely pleased with this and would definitely repurchase.

This is absolutely my favorite hair finishing product!!! I have chin-length, naturally curly hair in an A-line bob and I need a product that will help keep the back stacked up nicely. My hair, though very curly, is also fine and I always look for a volumizer. I have never liked hairspray and feel like it disappears in the first hour after application. This dry wax serves as both a nice volumizing finisher and hairspray in one! It does wonders defining my curls and creating a springy look. It also holds like the dickens! This is a HG for me. :)

on 1/31/2011 10:47:00 AM

Love it Love it Love it!!
I have very fine hair- and this is the BEST product my stylist has used! I have bottles and jars of all kinds of junk to 'add texture and volume' to my hair- this stuff is GREAT.

on 7/13/2010 2:16:00 PM

Sounds like a trend, yes my stylist sprayed this on my hair as a finisher and I love it! I went out and immediately bought a can. I like to use it after I flat iron to gift lift to the roots and to keep the strays down. It's also great to use if you want to pull your back into a ponytail - you can add volume and it keeps strays at bay, or if you use a headband. I don't use much, just a light spray and sometimes just at the roots (I lift the hair up and spray the roots underneath. My hair is highlighted and shoulder length. It has pretty much replaced my hair spray, hair feels better, is not sticky, and is very very easy to style and re-style.

My hairdresser used this on my hair and I loved the way it looked, so I bought my own that very day. I like it a lot--even though my hair isn't exactly short (it's just past my shoulders) I have layers and this makes them really textured. Oh, and did I mention that it smells fabulous? The only minus is that it's a very easy product to overdo...and if you do that, you will end up with greasy hair. A little goes a very long way! Used sparingly, though, it gives my straight hair volume and texture so I see myself buying again at some point when I run out.