Aviance-Night Musk

No Image

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Wowee, wow, wow! This scent is GORGEOUS! I just ordered some "vintage" and it arrived the other day. Finally got around to test driving it today and I can't get enough. I had tried the "reformulated" version several years ago and thought it smelled like bad breath...someone who'd been smoking recently and then had a cup of coffee and breathed in your face. Not nice. The "vintage", though, at first smelled like play-doh and I thought, "Okay, I'll give it some time." I'm glad I did because later I smelled original Vaseline lotion, then something reminiscent of "Jungle L'Elephant (must be the cinnamon). It dries down to a lovely, sexy, spicy musky floral, I'd say a Floriental, but not in the modern sense. I swear my youngest aunt wore this when she was younger as it brought back such a strong scent memory. A bridal shower is being held for her eldest daughter in about a month. I will have to wear it that day to see if; a) she recognizes the scent and; b) she 'fesses up to wearing it. It makes sense, though, it came out in 1983, she was a senior in high school then and I remember her French-braiding my hair at the time (ouch, she really pulled)! I will have to test my theory out. It would be so cute if she did wear it "in the day" as her boyfriend at the time (husband 4 years later) wore Matchabelli by Prince Matchabelli at the time. I love it so much that I found the "vintage" oil for sale and ordered that as well for back-up. Don't spend the asking price that some sellers are charging on ebay ($90!) for the "reformulated" version. Get the vintage. I'm not sure if the "reformulated" version is discontinued now because it's not even listed for sale on the pdc website (along with Malibu Musk, which is nowhere to be found these days, but that's another story). I guarantee you won't smell like anyone else and you arm will be glued to your nose throughout the perfume's progression!

Notes via Fragrantica:
Group: Floral
"Includes notes of orange blossom, sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon, vanilla, jasmine, apple, ylang-ylang, and rose."

P.S. I can imagine Peggy Lee singing "Why Don't You Do Right?" whilst wearing this, though it's several decades from the song's release. It's that sultry!

on 1/7/2012 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I wore this product for years and years. It was my trademark fragrance and so many people would comment on it.

Since they reformulated it, I have tried every perfume under the sun, some of them as much as $90 a bottle. None of them lasted more than an hour on me. I even tried layering them.

The other day, in desperation, because I love perfume and so miss it, I ordered some and it arrived today. Would you believe that as soon as I put it on, I felt like "me." No, it's a bit not the exact same scent because they've sweetened it up but it's pretty closel To my amazement, my husband noticed it immediately and encouraged me to get some more from the same vendor. Apparently there is something in my body chemistry that just works with the basic ingredients in it.

I could kick myself for all the years I went from one perfume to another, wasting my time and money, only to find that the new Night Musk still worked on me! I'm in heaven!

Okay, the ORIGINAL Aviance Night Musk isn't being made any more. (The stuff you can buy in stores now is just gross and smells like icky chemicals, and is not worth the small amount of $$ they charge for it.) But the original... MMMMMMMM!!! Fortunately it is still available on eBay. The originial Aviance Night Musk was so warm, inviting and delicious, sensual... Musky, sexy, gorgeous and just plain wonderful. It was around in the late 80's/early 90's and was just divine. I notice I'm the first one to review it. It must have other devotees!! Who else loved it as much as me????

on 2/16/2009 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I also loved this perfume back in the late 80s/early 90s. I had the perfume oil, as well as the eau de toilette spray . It smells warm, musky (obviously) and sweet. The scent lasted a long time on my skin and I had numerous compliments on the lovely fragrance whenever I wore it. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it here in Australia for many, many years. I might have to order some off eBay for a trip down memory lane. I can't comment on the new formulation of today, etc, but know that the original was very nice indeed.

Popular Fragrances