Revlon Matte Powder Blush - #003 - Perfectly Peach

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Revlon Matte Powder Blush - #003 - Perfectly Peach
MUFE and Revlon Blush SwatchRevlon Matte Powder BlushMatte Powder Blush - #003 - Perfectly Peach

3.5

Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Boron Nitrate, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Isododecane, Lecithin, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77981), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

This blush is great! Even LISA ELDRIDGE recommends this.)

I am male, and my blush use is limited (no gorgeous pop of color and no radiant shimmery cheeks), but I find this blush unique and useful because of the shade and shine-free texture. I have fair skin with warm undertones and I use this to connect my bronzer to my dark rosy pigmented blush that I highlight the high points of my face with. (No, no shimmery highlighter for me!) This particular shade makes a nice gradual transition between my blush, my bronzer and the color of my skin. I apply it on my neck, above my temples and up til the corners of the forehead. It helps in contouring while giving my bronzer that amount of sunburn that is missing.

People who find it not pigmented enough, should not have bought a blush that is described as sheer to begin with. "For soft, matte color." are the exact words on the packaging. But I find the pigmentation to be above average. The main reason this doesn't show up on some people is that the color is only a light rosy peach. Very skinlike and unless your skin is light, it's normal that it won't easy to see.

I'm reading all the reviews and I can't help thinking that people should be more grateful for blushes like this. It's almost unthinkable to have a truly matte blush released by other mainstream drugstore brands such as CoverGirl, Rimmel, L'Oreal or Maybelline. Even among high end more matte blushes it's not easy to find one that is 100% mica free and useful for contouring or very oily skin.

The package is quite sturdy, unisex and chic. The brush is too small but it's made of soft natural hair and could work as an on the go brush to apply highlighter with.

NOTE: The pop up mirror people have mentioned has been redesigned. Starting sometime in 2009, the packaging became thinner and the mirror was simply glued on the inside. One good thing about Revlon products is that they usually write the production year next to the copyright sign. Don't go pick up an old stock, expired blush and complain that your brush does not picking it up.)

The color is beautiful for fair skinned girls like myself, it is not a strong color, it gives you just the right amount of color if you want a pretty daytime look or if you are doing a dramatic eye or lip. It is as it says- its MATTE which I love matte blushes! I think this blush is great!

This blush is exactly what I thought it would be and for a good price. It's matte and it is a perfect peach color, just like the name suggests. Revlon has been impressing me more and more lately, especially where colors are concerned, which is why their blushes and lipsticks are my favorites. You really won't regret this one if you are pale like me and don't have $30 to throw around on a single blush.

on 4/2/2013 7:36:00 PM

I bought this blush because I was looking for a nice matte peachy shade and this seemed a good choice.
Unfortunately I feel really conflicted about it - the colour does show up on my skin, it is subtle- which I like, I much prefer to layer and build than start off strong or have to take loads of excess off my brush. I think the problem for me is that the formula of the blush makes it quite dull on my skin. When I think about blush... I want it to make me look healthy, radiant, fresh, alive (but not necessarily a shimmer fest)..... and dull is the very antithesis of all this. It is a pity because the colour was actually right for me but the texture all wrong. I don't think that it is dull because it is matte because there are other matte finish products which don't produce this effect on me. It just seems 'lacking' for want of a better word.
I've given this blusher quite a few chances and every day that I wear it I always feel quite 'bleh' about how I look so I'm afraid that for me it's a fail.

Update- I've bumped this up. I still find it very 'meh' on its own BUT it works fabulously when used with other blushes. I don't know why that should be but when I team it with a pinker blush the Perfectly Peach just seems to prettify it that much more? So I am getting a lot more use out of it lately.

on 11/10/2012 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Scarcely shows up on my warm olive skin tone. I found that my brush did not pick up much of the product as it's very dusty and the colour payoff is abysmal. It took me about 3 applications to get some trace of transfer action going on. Not impressed.

on 4/23/2012 11:55:00 PM

I found it to be a very tame blush. You need to use a stiff brush to pick up any colour at all and it really is not blendable; too much looks muddy. But if there is someone out there who is scared of blush, face sparkles or of too much colour, this will be your friend; otherwise, pass because this will disappoint you.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this blush as a last minute purchase at Ulta online so I could get free shipping, and I almost wish I had just paid for the shipping so I wouldn't be stuck with this horrible thing. I've been loving most of Revlon's new stuff, the Lip Butters are amazing, but this blush doesn't even show up on me, and I'm super fair (not sure what I'd wear in Mac terms). It feels smooth when I swatch it or put it on my cheeks, but there's just no color, it's almost like putting on a translucent powder. And it looked so pretty in the packaging :(

I really appreciate it when the name of a product helps me decide whether I want to buy it. When a blush is named "Sin" or "Desire"..well those names don't really help me. This little drugstore blush is exactly as described. Matte & Peach. I used it in conjunction with another Revlon Blush, "Blushed." The combination gave my pale skin (NC15) a healthy warm glow. The texture is nothing to write home about but if you are looking for peach blush, minus shimmer, this is an inexpensive one to try. Matte blush options at the drugstore are pretty hard to come by. This is pretty much it if you are a "no sparkle cheek" kind of gal.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this blush with a buy two, get one free deal. I don't understand the high rating for this blush. It lacks pigmentation, chalky and very powdery. This doesn't show up on my medium skintone (NC30) and when I gave it to my mum to try out (since she's NC20-25), it doesn't show up on her either. I ended up giving it to my friend (who is NC15) and it barely shows up on her skin. This is also one of those blushes that crumbles easily because it isn't pressed well and has a very chalky consistency. It terms of being "matte", it definitely is with absolutely no shimmer. Revlon products generally work well for me, but this is definitely a miss!

Love this blusher. With seriously pale skin a peach, rather than pink, blusher is pefect for me.
I wouldn't recommend using the applicator that comes with the blusher, use a decent blush brush. It takes a few strokes for it to show up but I like that as it allows me to control how much I put on. It lasts all day and is a matte finish as promised.
The packaging is fine too, it stays closed in your make up bag.
The most I've ever spent on a blusher was 3 euro but for such a good blusher I didn't mind parting with a tenner.