Revlon Matte Powder Blush - #003 - Perfectly Peach

Revlon Matte Powder Blush - #003 - Perfectly Peach
MUFE and Revlon Blush SwatchRevlon Matte Powder BlushMatte Powder Blush - #003 - Perfectly Peach

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Boron Nitrate, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Isododecane, Lecithin, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77981), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

This blush is great! Even LISA ELDRIDGE recommends this.)

I am male, and my blush use is limited (no gorgeous pop of color and no radiant shimmery cheeks), but I find this blush unique and useful because of the shade and shine-free texture. I have fair skin with warm undertones and I use this to connect my bronzer to my dark rosy pigmented blush that I highlight the high points of my face with. (No, no shimmery highlighter for me!) This particular shade makes a nice gradual transition between my blush, my bronzer and the color of my skin. I apply it on my neck, above my temples and up til the corners of the forehead. It helps in contouring while giving my bronzer that amount of sunburn that is missing.

People who find it not pigmented enough, should not have bought a blush that is described as sheer to begin with. "For soft, matte color." are the exact words on the packaging. But I find the pigmentation to be above average. The main reason this doesn't show up on some people is that the color is only a light rosy peach. Very skinlike and unless your skin is light, it's normal that it won't easy to see.

I'm reading all the reviews and I can't help thinking that people should be more grateful for blushes like this. It's almost unthinkable to have a truly matte blush released by other mainstream drugstore brands such as CoverGirl, Rimmel, L'Oreal or Maybelline. Even among high end more matte blushes it's not easy to find one that is 100% mica free and useful for contouring or very oily skin.

The package is quite sturdy, unisex and chic. The brush is too small but it's made of soft natural hair and could work as an on the go brush to apply highlighter with.

NOTE: The pop up mirror people have mentioned has been redesigned. Starting sometime in 2009, the packaging became thinner and the mirror was simply glued on the inside. One good thing about Revlon products is that they usually write the production year next to the copyright sign. Don't go pick up an old stock, expired blush and complain that your brush does not picking it up.)

on 4/23/2012 11:55:00 PM

I found it to be a very tame blush. You need to use a stiff brush to pick up any colour at all and it really is not blendable; too much looks muddy. But if there is someone out there who is scared of blush, face sparkles or of too much colour, this will be your friend; otherwise, pass because this will disappoint you.

If you want an inexpensive, basic blush, this is it. I bought this a few days ago in Perfectly Peach and I love it so far. It goes on smoothly, stays on all day, and gives me a natural looking flush. I wouldn't recommend using the brush it comes with, you should use a proper blush or contouring brush. There's even a little mirror in the compact for touch-ups. I didn't notice a smell either, some blushes I've tried smell terrible.
I read in a magazine that you can use your blush as an eyeshadow at the same time you're wearing the blush, for a natural, monochromatic look. This blush works very well as an eyeshadow as well. Hope this helps :)

on 8/19/2009 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Where do I start? First of all, I've always been such a fan of matte blushes. They can give such a natural and beautiful glow to my skin without accentuating my pores or making me look too oily (when I want shimmer, I prefer to have a separate highlighter).

The color is beautifully peachy with some pink undertones I think. I'm not a big fan of really pigmented blushes so I think that this one looks pretty natural. And since it's matte, you can also use it to contour (just dab some blush under your cheekbones instead of one your apples). Brightens your complexion. I love it.

The packaging is adorable for me. I never use the pop out mirror, but it's cute. I like how simple and classy it looks. Better packaging that most drugstore brands. And since the top is flat, I can stack my other blushes on top of it.

Price is reasonable. My only gripe maybe is that the actual blush itself is in a pretty small container so I have to run my blush brush a few times over it.

I bought this blush a long time ago after reading that it was a drugstore version of Benefit Georgia. I was disappointed by its sheerness and found it to be quite chalky and not very pigmented. It sat in my makeup drawer for a long time waiting to be swapped, and meanwhile I used more pigmented peachy blushes (like Jane Blushing Petal!). Then a few weeks ago, resolving to make use of some of my lesser-loved products, I took this out and applied it with a flat-top powder brush. I picked up quite a bit of the powder and kept layering it on until I could actually tell something was on my cheeks. Thinking I'd probably never use it again, I didn't think twice until I happened to see some pictures of myself taken on that day - my cheeks had the prettiest peachy glow to them, but it didn't look like I was obviously wearing blush because there was no sheen to the cheeks. Since that day, I've been sold on this blush, and have used it almost every day. I have to buff in quite a bit of product, but now that it's summertime and I can't be bothered to deal with the hassle of carefully applying a more pigmented blush, I love that this is impossible to overdo, and the matte finish goes with any makeup look. I wouldn't recommend this blush to anyone darker than a MAC NC25 or so, but for fair-skinned ladies with warm/peachy tones to their skin, this is lovely. The packaging is great too - sturdy enough that I never have to worry about it in my makeup bag, and comes with a nice mirror and a brush that is actually useable in a pinch.

on 4/18/2013 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I really like this blusher.
Looks warm pink on my olive yellow toned skin(around NC30), many people have complained about it not showing on their skin but I haven't personally experienced this problem. The colour shows just fine on my skin.
The packaging is ok but the included brush is awful(I always use my separately bought brushes for everything though).
overall its a nice everyday choice for me- great value, great colour.

This blush is exactly what I thought it would be and for a good price. It's matte and it is a perfect peach color, just like the name suggests. Revlon has been impressing me more and more lately, especially where colors are concerned, which is why their blushes and lipsticks are my favorites. You really won't regret this one if you are pale like me and don't have $30 to throw around on a single blush.

on 8/10/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is the first blush that I've ever bought, and I love it! I'm on my second pan. Perfectly Peach to me is an ideal balance between pink and orange tones. It's not terribly pigmented, and I generally apply two to three layers; I think it would be hard to overdo your makeup with this blush. It looks very natural, and it matches the actual flush of my cheeks, which gets masked by my foundation. The product truly is matte, with no sparkles, and the "matte" part is what drew me to this blush in the first place. I think this is the perfect everyday blush! Staying power is pretty good; the colour still looks relatively fresh by the end of the day. My only gripe is the packaging, which feels flimsy.

I really appreciate it when the name of a product helps me decide whether I want to buy it. When a blush is named "Sin" or "Desire"..well those names don't really help me. This little drugstore blush is exactly as described. Matte & Peach. I used it in conjunction with another Revlon Blush, "Blushed." The combination gave my pale skin (NC15) a healthy warm glow. The texture is nothing to write home about but if you are looking for peach blush, minus shimmer, this is an inexpensive one to try. Matte blush options at the drugstore are pretty hard to come by. This is pretty much it if you are a "no sparkle cheek" kind of gal.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am officially a fan of matte makeup after trying this Revlon blush. The color is great, very matte, very buildable, gives a nice glow and seemed to stay on for a long time. I plan on going back and getting more shades or swapping for them. I hadn't tried any of the matte shadows, but I just bought all of them on ebay for $22. So far, I impressed with this line. May try the foundation as well. Will definitely by these blushes again.