Deborah Lippmann The Stripper

Filtered by skin tone : Other

4.3

Acetone, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Lavender Essential Oil, D&C External Violet 2

The skinny: This nail polish remover smells great (for a bottle of chemicals, anyway) and the packaging is genius, but honestly, it isn't worth the money.

I would just leave it at that, but as I tend to be verbose I feel the need to elaborate. This nail polish remover comes with a clever name and a bottle that is even more so--the top is a pump that dispenses just enough liquid so that you and the cotton ball don't wind up soaked. For klutzes like me, this is a revelation. Why don't all nail polish removers have this?!?! Oh, yeah...probably because they'd be as expensive as this one. It even smells light and has none of the harsh, er, aroma that comes with the territory of most removers, meaning that if you're prone to headaches you might want to check this one out. But now for the downside--and it's pretty significant. The thing is, this product doesn't really work any better than any other cheapie one I've tried. It does work, just not sufficiently better to justify the high price. Almost $20 for nail polish remover is just a little too much (for me, anyway), especially if you do your nails often and need to take off the old to make way for the new. I ordered a bottle of The Stripper on sale a little over a month ago, and now it's almost gone. Sure, I do my nails every 4-5 days but remember how I said it worked the same as other less expensive products? You have to use the same amount as the cheap stuff, so you go through it just as fast. Bummer. Basically, the only people I'd recommend this to are the ones with money to burn or who simply cannot stomach the strong smell of polish remover...otherwise, I'd advise you to skip this one--awesome packaging and all--and just save your dough for a new polish (or two).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A product I hate to love. (Because of the price). This product comes in a convenient pump bottle that locks in place. It is so effective, as long as it's locked with the cap closed your good. Believe me this is so important because I purchased sephora's pump bottle for their polish remover and it did not protect the product. The product itself is very effective and has a very tolerable/pleasant smell. I put the scent in this category because everyone is different, however I enjoy the fact it is not overpowering. The only draw back is the price. I bought a 2 pack at the nordstroms ani sale for $25. I love this product, if budget permitted I would repurchase. The stripper to go is another product I love from Lippman and is a must for me.

Love this remover because it doesn't have the noxious smell of most removers. Takes polish off easily and does not dry out my nails. Pump dispenser works well and differentiates from most other brands. It is pricy, but worth it.

Popular Treatments