Deborah Lippmann The Stripper

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.8

Acetone, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Lavender Essential Oil, D&C External Violet 2

The skinny: This nail polish remover smells great (for a bottle of chemicals, anyway) and the packaging is genius, but honestly, it isn't worth the money.

I would just leave it at that, but as I tend to be verbose I feel the need to elaborate. This nail polish remover comes with a clever name and a bottle that is even more so--the top is a pump that dispenses just enough liquid so that you and the cotton ball don't wind up soaked. For klutzes like me, this is a revelation. Why don't all nail polish removers have this?!?! Oh, yeah...probably because they'd be as expensive as this one. It even smells light and has none of the harsh, er, aroma that comes with the territory of most removers, meaning that if you're prone to headaches you might want to check this one out. But now for the downside--and it's pretty significant. The thing is, this product doesn't really work any better than any other cheapie one I've tried. It does work, just not sufficiently better to justify the high price. Almost $20 for nail polish remover is just a little too much (for me, anyway), especially if you do your nails often and need to take off the old to make way for the new. I ordered a bottle of The Stripper on sale a little over a month ago, and now it's almost gone. Sure, I do my nails every 4-5 days but remember how I said it worked the same as other less expensive products? You have to use the same amount as the cheap stuff, so you go through it just as fast. Bummer. Basically, the only people I'd recommend this to are the ones with money to burn or who simply cannot stomach the strong smell of polish remover...otherwise, I'd advise you to skip this one--awesome packaging and all--and just save your dough for a new polish (or two).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this! Works well and doesn't make me feel like I lost a bunch of brain cells whenever I breathe in. It's usually a battle to get rid of glitter polish and this actually takes some of the awful out of the process; just a little patience and a few extra swipes removes everything. Every other type of polish comes off really easily without having to soak the cotton pad over my nail or rub a ridiculous amount of times. My nails don't look dried out or stripped or oddly colored when using this either. The bottle is convenient too with the pump dispenser so I don't have to worry about tipping the bottle upside down and having it leak or flood the cotton pad. It dispenses the right amount of product with one pump. I only recently discovered this and it's a must repurchase for me.

it's nice but definitely not the best i've tried. this doesn't live up to the name - "the stripper"??? not really. it doesn't really take off the polish as easy as you'd think it would and this does not remove glitter polish!! i usually use maybe 4 pumps to remove one finger of the glitter nail polish...i went through this bottle so quick - it was kind of a waste, i feel. the only thing i like about this remover is that it doesn't feel harsh on my nails as a typical acetone nail polish remover. i wouldn't purchase it again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is a great product. Nice scent, not too much acetone and works very well.. Hoever, it is overpriced at $18.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Perfectly adequate (but still contains acetone) and GROSSLY overpriced nail lacquer remover. For less money - try Amera's Natural (acetone-free) remover.
Not a bad product - just way, way too much money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the first nail polish remover I've used that didn't leave my nails horribly dry. Instead, my nails looked healthy and shiny, even with nothing on them. The scent is a nice change of pace from the smell of other nail polish removers. I don't get flashbacks to bio lab when I had to dissect a pig and the formaldehyde went everywhere when I made the first cut. Love the dispenser top of the bottle, too. Costs an arm and a leg, but worth every penny!

Popular Treatments