DHC Mineral Mask

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.8

water/eau, glycerin, bentonite, butylene glycol, titanium dioxide, kaolin, sucrose stearate, sodium hyaluronate, pentylene glycol, iron oxides, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, citric acid, glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, chlorella vulgaris extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, allantoin, sodium dehydroacetate, morus alba root extract, royal jelly extract, panax ginseng root extract, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, hinokitiol, blue 1, pueraria lobata root extract

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The scent of this mask reminds me of my MAC studio fix liquid foundation, only much much lighter (to the point where its barely there). It feels creamy and light when applied, goes on evenly and dries fast. It doesn't feel so tight that moving your face is uncomfortable. Especially compared to the GlamGlow Supermud, this feels so much gentler.I avidly used the Supermud but recently switched to this because of the ingredients, packaging and lower price. I don't mind paying the $46CAD because I allow myself to splurge on skincare. I've only used this mask once so far. It softened my skin and loosened the blackheads. My pores are tightened and my face feels clean, but any blemishes I have look about the same. I left it on for about 20 minutes, and I think next time I might leave it for an hour to gauge the difference. Will update as I continue to use.

Update: This mask is pretty effective at reducing redness in my skin and reducing the size of blemishes. I think I need something more hard core for the blackheads around my nose but as a general clay mask this is great. I can leave it on for about an hour without being uncomfortable and it wipes off easily with water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been a loyal fan to DHC for at least a decade. I finally decided to give the mineral mask a try. I love the application..smooth. Dries in about 5 minutes, washes easily. I still use my Queen Helene Mint Julep mask on zits for spot treatment. Definitely more gentle than Queen Helene.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

the first time i try this mask its a sample. and it give my face brightening..and i will buy the fullsize of this mask..

I have used this only once, but I love it!! I tried the sample and fell in love. I love clay masks because they soak up oil and dry up blemishes. My favorite used to be Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, but this is just as good if not better. I would say this is better for sensitive skin. It is a green clay mask that applies super smoothly, and dries smooth unlike Queen Helene's which you can see the cracks all over my face. Plus it doesn't cause a stinging sensation, and doesn't dry out my skin. It does, however, leave my face feeling extra soft with smaller pores. This is a great clay mask to suck out any dirt and impurities without irritating your skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have immediately ordered the full size after using a sample - I liked it so much. It is a fresh green coloured clay mask, very easy to spread and very easy to wash off after the recommended five minutes. It does not harden unless you leave it on for much longer. I did not find it overly drying, though it sometimes leaves my cheeks slightly tight after rinsing. But then my cheeks are on the drier side and don't need an absorbing mask. It perfectly cleanses my T-zone and it has visibly improved the condition of the blackheads on my nose after a couple uses (using it twice a week).
Before discovering the DHC Mineral mask I have auditioned many other brands but they were either irritating, ineffective and/or expensive. Lancome Empreinte had camphor, Clinique's mask had menthol, Estee Lauder's was more like an ancillary fragrance product rather than facial mask, Shiseido's was very good but also very drying due to its high alcohol content, Darphin's and Clarins' were useless etc. etc. I was "using" Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Carbon Mask. Using is not the best word here because I would use it only once in a while, it was too much hassle (so difficult to rinse off) for very little effect. DHC mineral mask has brought back the fun of using a mask. I really enjoy putting on the green concoction, scaring my husband and having better skin. Thanks DHC!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I needed to cleanse my face and was too lazy to mix my usual Aztec Healing Clay with water so I tried a free sample of the DHC Mineral Mask. Although it went on smooth, dried quickly, was easy to take off, and left my skin soft as a baby's bottom it didn't unclog my pores as much as the Aztec Healing Mask does. I have very oily, acne prone skin and I must say Aztec Healing Mask works much better as well is way cheaper. But for those with normal skin with minor breakouts I could see how DHC's Mineral Mask could work for you.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I wasn't blown away by this, truthfully, but I can be very picky. This, while leaving my skin a bit softer, dried it a bit (common for clay masks) and my skin looked blotchier. Also, I could see either the mask or some dirt sitting in pores that were clean before, even after using Origins modern friction scrub. I do like that it did NOT sting my sensitive skin like most clay masks, and love how creamy and easy it is to apply. Unfortunately this price is too much for a nice bu average mask.

Had a sample packet from the latest DHC catalog so I tried this yesterday. Decent mask, overall but doesn't exactly rock my socks off. Doesn't dry too hard so it isn't a huge pain in the rear to remove (like Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque can be). Light herbal-y kind of scent and a pleasing, creamy texture that's easy to spread. I left the stuff on for about ten minutes, then rinsed with water. Skin felt a little smoother and cleaner afterwards, the difference--if there really were any--was marginal. Would not buy a full size as it doesn't seem to be that different from cheaper clay masks I can get at the drugstore.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mask! It smells great, goes on easily (not too thick, not too thin), dries quickly, and is SOOOO gentle on my combination skin. Normally, I use this once a week to keep my skin clear, although I'll use it as a spot-treatment if bumps start to arise. This mask makes my skin feel soft, not dry and tight. It also calms redness and itchiness, and it washes off easily. It's a bit pricy (watch for sales...it's often discounted 25%), but a tube does last for 3-4 months, and the success I've had with it makes it worth every penny. I've tried a lot of masks over the years, but this one has been my staple for several years now. Another great DHC product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Very basic clay mask....contains some vitamins/nutrients that are supposed to be beneficial for the skin, but I think this mask doesn't do much except absorb oil. I like that it doesn't sting my skin or cause any itching...a side effect that I experience when using clay-based products. It goes on smooth and doesn't take an eternity to dry down - five minutes is enough before I rinse...and it rinses off quite well too. But again, this isn't anything more than an oil-absorbing mask...tightening too...for an inexpensive alternative, I suggest trying the clay based masks from The Body Shop instead.