DHC Mineral Mask

4.3

water/eau, glycerin, bentonite, butylene glycol, titanium dioxide, kaolin, sucrose stearate, sodium hyaluronate, pentylene glycol, iron oxides, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, citric acid, glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, chlorella vulgaris extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, allantoin, sodium dehydroacetate, morus alba root extract, royal jelly extract, panax ginseng root extract, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, hinokitiol, blue 1, pueraria lobata root extract

This is my all time favorite mask. I find it to be gentle, helpful, and clarifying. It's not too drying. It doesn't cause redness and in fact it improves my color. However, I don't buy it unless I catch the sale! It's crazy expensive and not totally necessary -- just nice.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The mask was great for my acne prone skin. I was having a bad break out. The facials weren't helping. I used a facial scrub and the mineral mask for a couple of weeks and my pimples started to disappear. I find this mask a little over price.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Really gets stuff out of your pores if you start with the cleansing oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been a loyal fan to DHC for at least a decade. I finally decided to give the mineral mask a try. I love the application..smooth. Dries in about 5 minutes, washes easily. I still use my Queen Helene Mint Julep mask on zits for spot treatment. Definitely more gentle than Queen Helene.

I stopped using my DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask after using this product because it is so much cheaper and worked so much better for me. I love that the consistency is light and the mask is not too drying. When you apply it, it doesn't feel like you have a layer of clay on your face, you don't really feel a thing and it comes right off when you're rinsing. After using it, my t-zone stayed matter for significantly longer than usual. I really like this product, it's about 35 dollars but it works very well.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a good mask! I was concerned about the blackheads on my nose, and I figured that I would have to wait for a salon facial to get rid of them. Then, I received a sample of this mineral mask after purchasing some products from the DHC site. Since I hadn't had a facial in a while, I figured that it couldn't hurt to give this a try. I'm glad that I did! It worked extremely well on my blackheads. That was the first thing I noticed after washing my face. I left it on for about an hour; it didn't get completely hard to the point where it became flaky. Rather, it hardened to a solid clay that was pretty easy to rinse off with warm water. My skin was not dried out, itchy, or tight; but it isn't overly radiant either. As I said, the main thing I noticed was that my blackheads were gone! I have another sample, so I will try this again. If the results are as good as the first time around, I'm certain that I will purchase a full-size.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was passed on to me by a friend, so I guess she wouldn't review this as great. She did say that she just had too many masks, and while she liked it, she knew that I loved DHC. So it is mine now. And you can't have it. Don't you come over and ask if you can try it either. It's not happening. This is the best clay mask I've tried. It refines my pores, makes me look a little glowy, reduces redness, all the while not drying me out, cracking, or being difficult to remove. Really a gem. Most clay masks I've tried make me red, sting me, and hurt a little when the cracks form. It is expensive which is what kept me from buying it in the past, but when I run out I'll be adding this one to my basket.

I have used this only once, but I love it!! I tried the sample and fell in love. I love clay masks because they soak up oil and dry up blemishes. My favorite used to be Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, but this is just as good if not better. I would say this is better for sensitive skin. It is a green clay mask that applies super smoothly, and dries smooth unlike Queen Helene's which you can see the cracks all over my face. Plus it doesn't cause a stinging sensation, and doesn't dry out my skin. It does, however, leave my face feeling extra soft with smaller pores. This is a great clay mask to suck out any dirt and impurities without irritating your skin.

Sort of expensive but very much worth it. Usually masks don't seem to do much for me but after I used this my skin was much softer and had a glow to it. I only had a sample size but I am definitely buying the full sized product. I recently discovered DHC skincare and i love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have immediately ordered the full size after using a sample - I liked it so much. It is a fresh green coloured clay mask, very easy to spread and very easy to wash off after the recommended five minutes. It does not harden unless you leave it on for much longer. I did not find it overly drying, though it sometimes leaves my cheeks slightly tight after rinsing. But then my cheeks are on the drier side and don't need an absorbing mask. It perfectly cleanses my T-zone and it has visibly improved the condition of the blackheads on my nose after a couple uses (using it twice a week).
Before discovering the DHC Mineral mask I have auditioned many other brands but they were either irritating, ineffective and/or expensive. Lancome Empreinte had camphor, Clinique's mask had menthol, Estee Lauder's was more like an ancillary fragrance product rather than facial mask, Shiseido's was very good but also very drying due to its high alcohol content, Darphin's and Clarins' were useless etc. etc. I was "using" Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Carbon Mask. Using is not the best word here because I would use it only once in a while, it was too much hassle (so difficult to rinse off) for very little effect. DHC mineral mask has brought back the fun of using a mask. I really enjoy putting on the green concoction, scaring my husband and having better skin. Thanks DHC!