NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Hungry Heart comparison

2.9

on 8/20/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ugh-right in the garbage this went after two tries. I purchased this on an impulse at Sephora (the shimmer under their lights and the pretty pale pink side-it was gorgeous). I got home and tore into it and looked like a disco ball. I'm sure other negative reviews have used that term. I am not afraid of shimmer either, and I am not giving this product a bad review for being what it is supposed to be, but I hated it. I adore Bobbi Brown's shimmer bricks, and similar products, but this seemed so juvenile to me, maybe when I was younger I could get away with it but not now. I saved it to try with an evening look but I was just as unhappy with the results and this is when I threw it out. I might have saved it if the pink side gave a hint of that pale pigment, but maybe it's a good thing that it didn't.

on 1/19/2009 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I love NARS but this is terrible. Too much glitter, too light, not flattering at all!

I bought this from sephora because it looked so pretty on the display..well I brought it home and attempted to apply this with a kabuki brush and the product almost crubled- at $37 a pop, the powder should have a better consistancy-so much of it is wasted-plus there is no color at all in this- just some funky shimmer that looks kind of tacky on- I put some over eyeshadow, and it looked ok, but nothing great- this one went back- this is 99 cent store material...

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice product definitly not a must have especially for the price tag. Prettier in pan than when in use, but has a beautiful sparkle and shimmer for a night look.

Great for a highlight for night, pigmented, sparkly(could be good or bad depends on preference), colors are workable for any skintone, easy to work with, soft.

Very pricey for the payoff, it does not add much of a sheen to the highlight more sparkle, not an everyday go to product.

This product is fun im happy I have it in my collection, but definitly not a must have again. Im sure you can find a dupe for cheaper, there are many other products you would grab for more than this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't produce enough glitter to look childish, IMO, and I am 43! I love the way this looks and I love the way it applies, but here's the thing - I am super-oily, so as soon as I press anything to my face to blot the oil, guess what comes off with it?

So while I love this as a "buffer" to lighten lines and tone down a too stark blush, for the price I'd rather use Nico ($37 vs. $25). If you have to, have to, HAVE TO have a sparkle item for your face, go with MAC's Belightful. It's a fraction of the price and really, in the end, gives practically the same effect.

on 2/2/2009 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, I am clearly in the minority here, but I actually like this duo. It was an impulse buy at the NARS counter, and I was instantly in love with it due to the HUGE glitter aspect. I am a glitter freak, but if you aren't, stay away from this product. Furthermore, I think that NARS probably shouldn't have marketed these as blushes, as they are definitely only highlighters. I do wish they were slightly more pigmented, but as they are I can use them over any kind of mu I have on. I use them on my brow bone, cheek bones, and sometimes as a sheer glittery wash on my lid. I was always lemming Albatross, but I actually liked this better since it's more glittery than Albatross's white sheen. I do have to say that none of the pictures I've seen online have matched what the product actually looks/applies like in real life. I would recommend this to any girl who loves a super glittery highlight look, but definitely go see it in store before you purchase so you can see if the amount of glitter and the sheerness of the product is good for you.

on 3/6/2009 4:56:00 PM

I love this duo! It's great to have bronzer and blush close together cuz, I don't want my whole face to be the same color. I probably won't buy it again just because it's a splurge for me. I am so glad I did though! I'm gonna make it last. It's just the right shade for me.

Popular Blush Products