NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Hungry Heart comparison

3.3

on 4/8/2009 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried it on in store specifying not wanting to look like a middle schooler with glitter all over her cheeks. The SA applied it, I had glitter all over my face and no color, just glitter. Needless to say I didn't buy it.

Packaging is horrible black rubber-like case that attracts dirt and powder and I can't see the color inside.

So disappointed... I love NARS blushes and I bought this from the NARS site as soon as the spring 09 collection came up. It looks gorgeous in the pan, the left side is a light glittery pink and the right side is a light gold. However, both sides are way too sheer and glittery to actually be used as blush.

Honestly I would consider this more of a highlighter, because it is really sheer (almost no color shows up at all, just glitter). And the glitter is out of control, usually NARS blushes can be buffed out so the glitter isn't over the top, but these are both so glitter-heavy. So honestly, its fairly useless as a highlighter too because its so sparkly. I'm not a fan of this, unless you are very very pale and love glitter, you should pass on this one.

on 1/16/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OMG! This is one of the worst products I have ever used. I was so excited to order this- on the NARS website it's described as a Iridescent Gold Ivory and Pink Sand with Golden Sheen. The swatches were pretty- I loved Albatross so I thought what the hey- it's probably another version of it. Nope- it has no pigmentation at all- not that I was expecting much but when I applied it it looked like a glitter bomb exploded- no sheen or color! I do have to say it's pretty glitter but I don't want it all over my face. It also applies very chalky. Bad thing is the glitter doesn't even stay on my skin- it ends up everywhere but my face. I hated to say this but this one is going back!

on 4/7/2016 2:37:00 AM

I was really disappointed with this. To begin with, I bought this because it was advertised (falsely) to contain the NARS Albatross highlighter (thanks a lot Iconic...). Just a heads up - it doesn't. Although I haven't used Albatross, I'm pretty certain people would not be raving about it if it was indeed one of the 'blushers' included in this duo. Both these colours are just so bland and add very little to your look. The only difference they make are little pieces of glitter which go all over your face and floor and clothes and everything else. I used this twice and then put it into my make-up drawer where bad cosmetics go to die.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Don,t like it at all!It's way to powdery and after the first use the case is a totall mess!I applied the lighter shade and had to use a lot before you could even see a little bit of the product on my cheeckbones.I have to say that i do,nt like most Nars products.They are overated en overhyped and way to expensive.I prefer M.A.C any time over Nars I gave the packaging a 4 * because i love the way that lookes but that's about the only positive thing i can think off !

on 12/31/2012 3:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Looked pretty in the store but then when you go to use it it doesn't really highlight it just kinda puts glitter everywhere and it's leaves fine powder/chalk all over the packaging. For the money you'd think it would be better. Love the packaging and other blushes but I'm just not impressed by this one. Bobbi Brown Party Shimmer Brick is similar to this but looks a bit more scary when you see it alone but is very lovely on. I'd rather use that than this.

on 12/27/2012 7:34:00 PM

*Sigh* I really like NARS products I really do, there's not one time I've been to the counter and haven't bought anything. But Hungry Heart was quite a dissapointment, especially since there have been a lot of good reviews on YouTube especially on their blushes.

That was a lot of money just spent on finely milled glitter I mean there was no color for it to show up, I've tried many brushes and it's still not any different. Maybe if i wet the brush it would be better...? All in all, if you're looking for a nice ivory/golden highlighter skip this one unless someone at the counter shows you how to use it in a way that shows up and if you do lemme know!

on 6/22/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First of all, I am not one to shy away from shimmer. I love glowy, shimmery products. NARS Hungry Heart is not shimmery--it is glittery. It is a glitter bomb. I don't think this looks nice on anyone young or old because it is far too glittery. I don't think it is particulary effective as a highlighter either because it doesn't highlight--it is just GLITTER.

on 8/9/2016 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This only works on me at night during the holidays. Every other time it's just too much, at least to me.

I don't use highlighters, and this is a pair of highlighters. It is much too pale for blush.

They look pretty as highlighters around your eyes, but be careful of the glitter.

on 4/24/2012 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have the gold ivory side of the hungry heart duo and I have to say it is a beautiful golden color and is of high quality but it's basically just finely milled glitter. I like to use it at night on my shoulders or decolletage area but thats it. The glitter only shows up when the light hits it a certain way which is good or bad depending on what you want. I'm not a huge fan of using glitter on my face unless it's a glitter eye liner or something but for the body it's ok....I think if this would have included more of a shimmer or even tinier glitter I would have liked it better.

Popular Blush Products