NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Hungry Heart comparison

3.6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this as a gift - I would never purchase this ... blush?

I'm NARS Barcelona - MAC NC 30-35. This doesn't show up as blush on me. Maybe on someone that has very light skin? And it's a glitter bomb. I tried using it as highlighter. It was okay - I'd much rather use the NARS copacabana illuminator or multiple.

This duo basically sits unused. Sometimes I'll pull it out and powder it on my collarbones, shoulders, legs if I'm going out somewhere for the night or to the beach.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Too chalky and glittery. The light eight feel is nice, doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Ok... but the shades barely show on my very fair skin, and the chalky texture and ample glitter pieces make this a “pass” for me. Looks so pretty in the compact and the paleness of the shades would normally be right up my alley for highlighters, but it just didn’t work. Now, for this price, it should be excellent and have skin benefits or something. I would continue to use it from time to time to brighten up at the outer top of my cheekbones, but would not recommend to anyone.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this product for about 3 years now. Love the packaging, I keep it in my purse all the time and its a very sturdy compact. I also love the dewy, glowy look it gives my skin. I usually just dust some on my cheek bones and I'm good to go. I like that it isn't overwhelmingly sparkly like some products but just subtle enough for everyday use. The price is steep BUT its worth it because I've had the same compact for the last 3 years and there is still quite a bit left!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I quite enjoy this blush/highlighter/ whatnot. It's not especially practical, but it adds the prettiest sparkle to my face. It doesn't have very much color, if any, but it adds glitter that is somehow subtle. The glitter is so finely milled and its not completely visible from all angles so I don't feel like such a glitter bomb when I wear it. It's really not a blush, I guess it's a highlighter, but its basically glitter for grown ups. I wouldn't consider it an essential in my makeup routine, it's more like a fun extra.

on 4/22/2009 4:29:00 PM

This blush is definitely not for the matte loving or highly office sophisticated type, that is for sure. I happen to love glitter, glimmer, sparkle and anything with bling in it. The glitter in this i would say is more of a glimmer- a light sparkle. The glitter is very very fine, almost like a fairy dust sort of shine. The colors dont really show up, it just lightly dusts on a fine shimmer to your skin. I happen to really like this stuff, i use it as eyeshadow too. It kind of gives a weird effect, the powder goes on really matte and powdery but then there is glitter mixed in. I like the look it gives.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

a lot of people seem to dislike this, but i have good luck with the nars highlighting blushes.
i like this for the same reason i like nars new order. i only have to apply a little bit of either side with a fan brush for a bit of a glow along my cheekbones.

i am very, very fair (nc5?). the ivory side is about the same color as my skin tone. i use that on my nose or over other blushes. the peachy side does function as a blush for me. it is like a more washed out sex appeal with gold shimmer, so i use that only on my cheeks (as i wouldn't illuminate my nose, cupids bow etc with a blush). this has almost iridescent gold shimmer, almost suspended in the powder, if that makes sense, similarly to the way nars shadows like the purple side of sugarland do. i would say that this has a 'powder' base, whereas a highlighting blush like miss liberty has a more sheer base (again, using nars shadows as an example, like nars sugarland's gold side).

i think if you are warm toned and from nc5-MAYBE 15/20, this will be amazing on you. it is very golden, so if silvery highlights flatter you, this will look off. if you are any darker than nc10/15 and use a lot of this, it will look chalky and super glittery.

SO tl;dr- i'm super super pale and i love this. it will work best on warmer very fair skin. use a light hand.

It looks like the reviews are split 50/50 on this... But if you actually read them, you'll realize that most poor reviews are due to a misconception when purchasing the product. It's not for everyone, but it works great for me. :]

I bought it, like others, as a splurge. I'm not a huge fan of chunky glitter, however, I wanted something to spice up my other matte blushes. You really can't wear this alone, unless you've got naturally rosy cheeks. It goes on even, and blends out well. I wouldn't say this is ideal for running to the supermarket, but I've used it for dances and parties & always gotten compliments!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was a total impulse buy at Sephora, so unlike the reviewers below who were expecting a blush or a non glittery highlighter, I just walked up to it and swatched it not knowing what it was supposed to be. That said, I'm another fan of this product for reasons why others hate it - I love the glitter! I like it because it's shimmery and sparkly but not in a chunky "I'm 12 and I threw glitter on my face" way. Sparkles are fun on a nice sunny day or a night out! It definitley doesn't have enough color to be worn as a blush alone, but I like that because I can just put it on top of whatever blush color I'm wearing - it's versatile. If you like sparkles, you'll like this!

Popular Blush Products