NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Hungry Heart comparison

3.1

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this as a gift - I would never purchase this ... blush?

I'm NARS Barcelona - MAC NC 30-35. This doesn't show up as blush on me. Maybe on someone that has very light skin? And it's a glitter bomb. I tried using it as highlighter. It was okay - I'd much rather use the NARS copacabana illuminator or multiple.

This duo basically sits unused. Sometimes I'll pull it out and powder it on my collarbones, shoulders, legs if I'm going out somewhere for the night or to the beach.

on 4/8/2009 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried it on in store specifying not wanting to look like a middle schooler with glitter all over her cheeks. The SA applied it, I had glitter all over my face and no color, just glitter. Needless to say I didn't buy it.

Packaging is horrible black rubber-like case that attracts dirt and powder and I can't see the color inside.

on 1/16/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OMG! This is one of the worst products I have ever used. I was so excited to order this- on the NARS website it's described as a Iridescent Gold Ivory and Pink Sand with Golden Sheen. The swatches were pretty- I loved Albatross so I thought what the hey- it's probably another version of it. Nope- it has no pigmentation at all- not that I was expecting much but when I applied it it looked like a glitter bomb exploded- no sheen or color! I do have to say it's pretty glitter but I don't want it all over my face. It also applies very chalky. Bad thing is the glitter doesn't even stay on my skin- it ends up everywhere but my face. I hated to say this but this one is going back!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Too chalky and glittery. The light eight feel is nice, doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Ok... but the shades barely show on my very fair skin, and the chalky texture and ample glitter pieces make this a “pass” for me. Looks so pretty in the compact and the paleness of the shades would normally be right up my alley for highlighters, but it just didn’t work. Now, for this price, it should be excellent and have skin benefits or something. I would continue to use it from time to time to brighten up at the outer top of my cheekbones, but would not recommend to anyone.

on 12/27/2012 7:34:00 PM

*Sigh* I really like NARS products I really do, there's not one time I've been to the counter and haven't bought anything. But Hungry Heart was quite a dissapointment, especially since there have been a lot of good reviews on YouTube especially on their blushes.

That was a lot of money just spent on finely milled glitter I mean there was no color for it to show up, I've tried many brushes and it's still not any different. Maybe if i wet the brush it would be better...? All in all, if you're looking for a nice ivory/golden highlighter skip this one unless someone at the counter shows you how to use it in a way that shows up and if you do lemme know!

on 6/22/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First of all, I am not one to shy away from shimmer. I love glowy, shimmery products. NARS Hungry Heart is not shimmery--it is glittery. It is a glitter bomb. I don't think this looks nice on anyone young or old because it is far too glittery. I don't think it is particulary effective as a highlighter either because it doesn't highlight--it is just GLITTER.

on 8/9/2016 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This only works on me at night during the holidays. Every other time it's just too much, at least to me.

I don't use highlighters, and this is a pair of highlighters. It is much too pale for blush.

They look pretty as highlighters around your eyes, but be careful of the glitter.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this product for about 3 years now. Love the packaging, I keep it in my purse all the time and its a very sturdy compact. I also love the dewy, glowy look it gives my skin. I usually just dust some on my cheek bones and I'm good to go. I like that it isn't overwhelmingly sparkly like some products but just subtle enough for everyday use. The price is steep BUT its worth it because I've had the same compact for the last 3 years and there is still quite a bit left!

on 7/29/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This product is a great Highligher duo on my pale skin. I also find it good to help lighten/brighten a blush that may be too dark or intense. I do use this with LM finishing (skunk) brush with a VERY light touch. (dont overdo on this product or it wont look good). So for pale/cool skin girls looking for a good highlighter set I do recommend!

on 4/22/2009 4:29:00 PM

This blush is definitely not for the matte loving or highly office sophisticated type, that is for sure. I happen to love glitter, glimmer, sparkle and anything with bling in it. The glitter in this i would say is more of a glimmer- a light sparkle. The glitter is very very fine, almost like a fairy dust sort of shine. The colors dont really show up, it just lightly dusts on a fine shimmer to your skin. I happen to really like this stuff, i use it as eyeshadow too. It kind of gives a weird effect, the powder goes on really matte and powdery but then there is glitter mixed in. I like the look it gives.

Popular Blush Products