NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart
NARS Hungry Heart comparison

3.3

So disappointed... I love NARS blushes and I bought this from the NARS site as soon as the spring 09 collection came up. It looks gorgeous in the pan, the left side is a light glittery pink and the right side is a light gold. However, both sides are way too sheer and glittery to actually be used as blush.

Honestly I would consider this more of a highlighter, because it is really sheer (almost no color shows up at all, just glitter). And the glitter is out of control, usually NARS blushes can be buffed out so the glitter isn't over the top, but these are both so glitter-heavy. So honestly, its fairly useless as a highlighter too because its so sparkly. I'm not a fan of this, unless you are very very pale and love glitter, you should pass on this one.

on 1/16/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OMG! This is one of the worst products I have ever used. I was so excited to order this- on the NARS website it's described as a Iridescent Gold Ivory and Pink Sand with Golden Sheen. The swatches were pretty- I loved Albatross so I thought what the hey- it's probably another version of it. Nope- it has no pigmentation at all- not that I was expecting much but when I applied it it looked like a glitter bomb exploded- no sheen or color! I do have to say it's pretty glitter but I don't want it all over my face. It also applies very chalky. Bad thing is the glitter doesn't even stay on my skin- it ends up everywhere but my face. I hated to say this but this one is going back!

on 4/7/2016 2:37:00 AM

I was really disappointed with this. To begin with, I bought this because it was advertised (falsely) to contain the NARS Albatross highlighter (thanks a lot Iconic...). Just a heads up - it doesn't. Although I haven't used Albatross, I'm pretty certain people would not be raving about it if it was indeed one of the 'blushers' included in this duo. Both these colours are just so bland and add very little to your look. The only difference they make are little pieces of glitter which go all over your face and floor and clothes and everything else. I used this twice and then put it into my make-up drawer where bad cosmetics go to die.

on 12/31/2012 3:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Looked pretty in the store but then when you go to use it it doesn't really highlight it just kinda puts glitter everywhere and it's leaves fine powder/chalk all over the packaging. For the money you'd think it would be better. Love the packaging and other blushes but I'm just not impressed by this one. Bobbi Brown Party Shimmer Brick is similar to this but looks a bit more scary when you see it alone but is very lovely on. I'd rather use that than this.

on 12/27/2012 7:34:00 PM

*Sigh* I really like NARS products I really do, there's not one time I've been to the counter and haven't bought anything. But Hungry Heart was quite a dissapointment, especially since there have been a lot of good reviews on YouTube especially on their blushes.

That was a lot of money just spent on finely milled glitter I mean there was no color for it to show up, I've tried many brushes and it's still not any different. Maybe if i wet the brush it would be better...? All in all, if you're looking for a nice ivory/golden highlighter skip this one unless someone at the counter shows you how to use it in a way that shows up and if you do lemme know!

I bought this from sephora because it looked so pretty on the display..well I brought it home and attempted to apply this with a kabuki brush and the product almost crubled- at $37 a pop, the powder should have a better consistancy-so much of it is wasted-plus there is no color at all in this- just some funky shimmer that looks kind of tacky on- I put some over eyeshadow, and it looked ok, but nothing great- this one went back- this is 99 cent store material...

on 4/24/2012 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have the gold ivory side of the hungry heart duo and I have to say it is a beautiful golden color and is of high quality but it's basically just finely milled glitter. I like to use it at night on my shoulders or decolletage area but thats it. The glitter only shows up when the light hits it a certain way which is good or bad depending on what you want. I'm not a huge fan of using glitter on my face unless it's a glitter eye liner or something but for the body it's ok....I think if this would have included more of a shimmer or even tinier glitter I would have liked it better.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice product definitly not a must have especially for the price tag. Prettier in pan than when in use, but has a beautiful sparkle and shimmer for a night look.

Great for a highlight for night, pigmented, sparkly(could be good or bad depends on preference), colors are workable for any skintone, easy to work with, soft.

Very pricey for the payoff, it does not add much of a sheen to the highlight more sparkle, not an everyday go to product.

This product is fun im happy I have it in my collection, but definitly not a must have again. Im sure you can find a dupe for cheaper, there are many other products you would grab for more than this.

This is my favorite highlighter ever :) I always have to apply this whenever I'm going out for the night. Honestly, I wasn't sure of it at first, but I asked a makeup artist how to apply it appropriately & he totally changed my face drastically, I'm just in love with it :) you can also use it as an eyeshadow, which I use as a brow highlight or a base.

on 4/22/2009 4:29:00 PM

This blush is definitely not for the matte loving or highly office sophisticated type, that is for sure. I happen to love glitter, glimmer, sparkle and anything with bling in it. The glitter in this i would say is more of a glimmer- a light sparkle. The glitter is very very fine, almost like a fairy dust sort of shine. The colors dont really show up, it just lightly dusts on a fine shimmer to your skin. I happen to really like this stuff, i use it as eyeshadow too. It kind of gives a weird effect, the powder goes on really matte and powdery but then there is glitter mixed in. I like the look it gives.

Popular Blush Products