NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Hungry Heart comparison

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this as a gift - I would never purchase this ... blush?

I'm NARS Barcelona - MAC NC 30-35. This doesn't show up as blush on me. Maybe on someone that has very light skin? And it's a glitter bomb. I tried using it as highlighter. It was okay - I'd much rather use the NARS copacabana illuminator or multiple.

This duo basically sits unused. Sometimes I'll pull it out and powder it on my collarbones, shoulders, legs if I'm going out somewhere for the night or to the beach.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off, Nars has quickly become one of my fav brands along with Mac. I've been waiting to get this duo for a while and finally got it a couple of weeks ago. I loved it ever since I first swatched it in Sephora. I love how it sparkles in sunlight and evening lighting. Make sure you know that if you buy this, it is a highlighting duo, not blush - but looks awesome over blush of course. Also, it is very sparkly, so make sure that is something that you want - more sparkly than just a little shimmery, and doesn't give off more of a luminizing sheen if that is also what you are looking for - look to something like TheBalm Mary Lou-Manizer if you want that sheen - it is awesome for that. Also, Urban Decay's Moonlight cream highlight gives off the perfect irridescent luminizing sheen (I would really like to try their other shades of that too). Then of course don't forget Benefit's highlighters for those types of effects - their highlighters are all definitely more of the luminizing sheen and less of the shimmery/sparkly variety. I'll stop there with the list - sorry I'm a super highlighter addict - I don't go anywhere without it and I love trying new ones. I do happen to love a lot of sparkle though - I'm always attracted to anything that twinkles just about *insert twinkling sound effect* So to the reviewer who is "25" and said that they "can still wear glitter and that the older one's should stay away": Well I gotta say, I just turned 39 - granted I've always looked considerably younger than my numerical status, but even still one's age should NEVER be the determining factor when it comes to expressing oneself - that's just simply illogical. If you are comfortable with it and it makes you happy then so be it! I wear sparkly stuff all the time and all I've ever gotten was compliments - ppl coming up to me and telling me how pretty I look or ppl asking about where I get my cosmetics that they like how it looks on me - my husband also loves it - he's always taking me into lighting so he can check out what kind of "twinkles I got on today." And no, I'm not just being told just b/c they are trying to be polite - people don't stop you in the middle of the street in broad daylight at a crowded farmer's market to say stuff like "Sorry I just had to come up and tell you how stunningly beautiful you are - you look like a movie star!" and it is other ladies who say this stuff too - not just guys! So if I looked so ridiculous, then they would be laughing or making the "ewww" face - they certainly would never come up saying the other! So it doesn't matter how old you are or anything! If you really like something, and you are comfortable, and it makes you feel good about yourself - you will feel pretty and it will show - you will have a more confident stride and expression!

People are saying they throw these products away, lol. What a waste of $38, what are they thinking.

A lot of glitter in this one. Doesn't function as a blush, but more as a glitter-shimmer. I like this look, I think just a light touch on the cheeks is cute, but the mature crowd will probably disagree. This isn't a crappy drugstore shimmer. It's a very fine glitter. There's a difference.

I purchased the Body Shop's Brilliance Powder (which is like a click pen style shimmer brush) on the same day and I cannot CANNOT stress how completely alike the effects of these two products are. There's no point in spending the $38 when you can get a $22 dupe. Regardless, I'm keeping both.

Overall, a good product for me and anyone who likes a pretty hint of glitter. Just don't overdo it.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

it is no surprise to anyone, I trust NARS quality and this is another great one to try out, I have been using this on my cheek and forhead, it just give me a natural glow/ blush effect. looks like I just had a glass of wine ^-^, I love it.

Given the size of this I don't think I'll ever repurchase. Like the other reviewers I agree it's prob. more for night use or for very dramatic rock and roll look.

I do feel that the glitter is pretty subtle and I haven't had any issue with it being overbearing.

Do keep in mind this is a Highlighter not a blush, and is supposed to be layered over other Nars blushes. I like to layer it over cream blushes to set it, I really appreciate the uniqueness of this product and I know it's got neg reviews but I think for what it is it's pretty cute and fun

on 5/3/2009 12:27:00 PM

As a blush and highlighter, it really doesn't deliver. The product is gorgeous in pan, light pink and ivory beige base w/ shimmer. In reality, the product is pure glitter, but it is classy and glam glitter. It's really hard to explain. It isn't super finely milled in oreder to be shimmer, it is distinctly glitter, but it is not chunky or gritty, it's slightly translucent and gives off pink and gold reflects. It's one of the nicest products I own, total HG material, really subtle, gorgeous glitter on the cheeks or eyes. Very unlike most highlighters on the market that deliver either sheen or shimmer, this is really unique and a must own item.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was a total impulse buy at Sephora, so unlike the reviewers below who were expecting a blush or a non glittery highlighter, I just walked up to it and swatched it not knowing what it was supposed to be. That said, I'm another fan of this product for reasons why others hate it - I love the glitter! I like it because it's shimmery and sparkly but not in a chunky "I'm 12 and I threw glitter on my face" way. Sparkles are fun on a nice sunny day or a night out! It definitley doesn't have enough color to be worn as a blush alone, but I like that because I can just put it on top of whatever blush color I'm wearing - it's versatile. If you like sparkles, you'll like this!

on 2/2/2009 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, I am clearly in the minority here, but I actually like this duo. It was an impulse buy at the NARS counter, and I was instantly in love with it due to the HUGE glitter aspect. I am a glitter freak, but if you aren't, stay away from this product. Furthermore, I think that NARS probably shouldn't have marketed these as blushes, as they are definitely only highlighters. I do wish they were slightly more pigmented, but as they are I can use them over any kind of mu I have on. I use them on my brow bone, cheek bones, and sometimes as a sheer glittery wash on my lid. I was always lemming Albatross, but I actually liked this better since it's more glittery than Albatross's white sheen. I do have to say that none of the pictures I've seen online have matched what the product actually looks/applies like in real life. I would recommend this to any girl who loves a super glittery highlight look, but definitely go see it in store before you purchase so you can see if the amount of glitter and the sheerness of the product is good for you.

Popular Blush Products