NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Hungry Heart comparison

3.5

on 1/19/2009 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I love NARS but this is terrible. Too much glitter, too light, not flattering at all!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I quite enjoy this blush/highlighter/ whatnot. It's not especially practical, but it adds the prettiest sparkle to my face. It doesn't have very much color, if any, but it adds glitter that is somehow subtle. The glitter is so finely milled and its not completely visible from all angles so I don't feel like such a glitter bomb when I wear it. It's really not a blush, I guess it's a highlighter, but its basically glitter for grown ups. I wouldn't consider it an essential in my makeup routine, it's more like a fun extra.

on 2/5/2009 9:24:00 AM

I agree with reviewer below. I too like this better than Albatross, which shows up as an unnatural, white sheen on my skin. The glittery, highlighter duo is not for everyday use, but it's great for fun and glam looks. I like this over Dolce Vita blush, with no or minimal eye & lip makeup. I think you have to have the right look to wear so much glitter. I find that it looks better on those with soft, exotic features--so called "baby faces".

on 3/9/2011 8:40:00 AM

Hungry Heart is an exquisitely beautiful product. It is not as versatile as other highlighters, but it really shines (literally and figuratively) in the uses that it is good for.

Hungry Heart is composed of two shades: a sheer cream and a sheer peachy rose. Both colors are suffused with very delicate, finely-milled glitter. This isn't the "disco-ball" kind of glitter...more like the glittering mica you see on some kinds of floors or sidewalks, if that makes any sense. The glitter isn't tightly-packed, and it's only evident when the light hits it a certain way (making it unlike, say, the glitter in some nail polishes and in glitter eyeliner). Really, it's akin to what I imagine fairy dust must be like.

I wear both shades as eyeshadow, both on their own and layered over other shadows. They work beautifully for this purpose; in fact, they look more elegant and subtle than most shimmery shadows, adding a bit of dimension to my lids without looking garish.

For the rest of the face, Hungry Heart adds a beautiful shimmer that is probably better for parties or nighttime than for, say, the office.

I absolutely love this product. It's expensive, yes, but the effect it gives is close to magical. Definitely one of my very favorite face products.

Popular Blush Products