NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Hungry Heart comparison

2.8

on 8/20/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ugh-right in the garbage this went after two tries. I purchased this on an impulse at Sephora (the shimmer under their lights and the pretty pale pink side-it was gorgeous). I got home and tore into it and looked like a disco ball. I'm sure other negative reviews have used that term. I am not afraid of shimmer either, and I am not giving this product a bad review for being what it is supposed to be, but I hated it. I adore Bobbi Brown's shimmer bricks, and similar products, but this seemed so juvenile to me, maybe when I was younger I could get away with it but not now. I saved it to try with an evening look but I was just as unhappy with the results and this is when I threw it out. I might have saved it if the pink side gave a hint of that pale pigment, but maybe it's a good thing that it didn't.

So disappointed... I love NARS blushes and I bought this from the NARS site as soon as the spring 09 collection came up. It looks gorgeous in the pan, the left side is a light glittery pink and the right side is a light gold. However, both sides are way too sheer and glittery to actually be used as blush.

Honestly I would consider this more of a highlighter, because it is really sheer (almost no color shows up at all, just glitter). And the glitter is out of control, usually NARS blushes can be buffed out so the glitter isn't over the top, but these are both so glitter-heavy. So honestly, its fairly useless as a highlighter too because its so sparkly. I'm not a fan of this, unless you are very very pale and love glitter, you should pass on this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Too chalky and glittery. The light eight feel is nice, doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Ok... but the shades barely show on my very fair skin, and the chalky texture and ample glitter pieces make this a “pass” for me. Looks so pretty in the compact and the paleness of the shades would normally be right up my alley for highlighters, but it just didn’t work. Now, for this price, it should be excellent and have skin benefits or something. I would continue to use it from time to time to brighten up at the outer top of my cheekbones, but would not recommend to anyone.

on 4/7/2016 2:37:00 AM

I was really disappointed with this. To begin with, I bought this because it was advertised (falsely) to contain the NARS Albatross highlighter (thanks a lot Iconic...). Just a heads up - it doesn't. Although I haven't used Albatross, I'm pretty certain people would not be raving about it if it was indeed one of the 'blushers' included in this duo. Both these colours are just so bland and add very little to your look. The only difference they make are little pieces of glitter which go all over your face and floor and clothes and everything else. I used this twice and then put it into my make-up drawer where bad cosmetics go to die.

on 12/27/2012 7:34:00 PM

*Sigh* I really like NARS products I really do, there's not one time I've been to the counter and haven't bought anything. But Hungry Heart was quite a dissapointment, especially since there have been a lot of good reviews on YouTube especially on their blushes.

That was a lot of money just spent on finely milled glitter I mean there was no color for it to show up, I've tried many brushes and it's still not any different. Maybe if i wet the brush it would be better...? All in all, if you're looking for a nice ivory/golden highlighter skip this one unless someone at the counter shows you how to use it in a way that shows up and if you do lemme know!

on 6/22/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First of all, I am not one to shy away from shimmer. I love glowy, shimmery products. NARS Hungry Heart is not shimmery--it is glittery. It is a glitter bomb. I don't think this looks nice on anyone young or old because it is far too glittery. I don't think it is particulary effective as a highlighter either because it doesn't highlight--it is just GLITTER.

I am going to use this to add shimmer to the high planes of the face..no color payoff which is depressing. Looks nice over other blush colors EDIT: I have had this a little while now..and I am glad I kept it! Really more of a glitter izer..I dont think thats a word but thats what Hungry Heart is..not a blush

on 8/9/2016 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This only works on me at night during the holidays. Every other time it's just too much, at least to me.

I don't use highlighters, and this is a pair of highlighters. It is much too pale for blush.

They look pretty as highlighters around your eyes, but be careful of the glitter.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice product definitly not a must have especially for the price tag. Prettier in pan than when in use, but has a beautiful sparkle and shimmer for a night look.

Great for a highlight for night, pigmented, sparkly(could be good or bad depends on preference), colors are workable for any skintone, easy to work with, soft.

Very pricey for the payoff, it does not add much of a sheen to the highlight more sparkle, not an everyday go to product.

This product is fun im happy I have it in my collection, but definitly not a must have again. Im sure you can find a dupe for cheaper, there are many other products you would grab for more than this.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I quite enjoy this blush/highlighter/ whatnot. It's not especially practical, but it adds the prettiest sparkle to my face. It doesn't have very much color, if any, but it adds glitter that is somehow subtle. The glitter is so finely milled and its not completely visible from all angles so I don't feel like such a glitter bomb when I wear it. It's really not a blush, I guess it's a highlighter, but its basically glitter for grown ups. I wouldn't consider it an essential in my makeup routine, it's more like a fun extra.

Popular Blush Products