NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Hungry Heart comparison

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this as a gift - I would never purchase this ... blush?

I'm NARS Barcelona - MAC NC 30-35. This doesn't show up as blush on me. Maybe on someone that has very light skin? And it's a glitter bomb. I tried using it as highlighter. It was okay - I'd much rather use the NARS copacabana illuminator or multiple.

This duo basically sits unused. Sometimes I'll pull it out and powder it on my collarbones, shoulders, legs if I'm going out somewhere for the night or to the beach.

on 8/20/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ugh-right in the garbage this went after two tries. I purchased this on an impulse at Sephora (the shimmer under their lights and the pretty pale pink side-it was gorgeous). I got home and tore into it and looked like a disco ball. I'm sure other negative reviews have used that term. I am not afraid of shimmer either, and I am not giving this product a bad review for being what it is supposed to be, but I hated it. I adore Bobbi Brown's shimmer bricks, and similar products, but this seemed so juvenile to me, maybe when I was younger I could get away with it but not now. I saved it to try with an evening look but I was just as unhappy with the results and this is when I threw it out. I might have saved it if the pink side gave a hint of that pale pigment, but maybe it's a good thing that it didn't.

on 4/3/2010 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I brought this for my kit, I think this is the worst Nars product ever. I brought this directly off the internet so didn't realise it had glitter. This has no pigment just glitter not like it showed on the internet swatches. If you want glitter go for this but MAC belightful has a much prettier sheen without the tacky glitter.

on 4/8/2009 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried it on in store specifying not wanting to look like a middle schooler with glitter all over her cheeks. The SA applied it, I had glitter all over my face and no color, just glitter. Needless to say I didn't buy it.

Packaging is horrible black rubber-like case that attracts dirt and powder and I can't see the color inside.

on 1/19/2009 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I love NARS but this is terrible. Too much glitter, too light, not flattering at all!

So disappointed... I love NARS blushes and I bought this from the NARS site as soon as the spring 09 collection came up. It looks gorgeous in the pan, the left side is a light glittery pink and the right side is a light gold. However, both sides are way too sheer and glittery to actually be used as blush.

Honestly I would consider this more of a highlighter, because it is really sheer (almost no color shows up at all, just glitter). And the glitter is out of control, usually NARS blushes can be buffed out so the glitter isn't over the top, but these are both so glitter-heavy. So honestly, its fairly useless as a highlighter too because its so sparkly. I'm not a fan of this, unless you are very very pale and love glitter, you should pass on this one.

on 1/16/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OMG! This is one of the worst products I have ever used. I was so excited to order this- on the NARS website it's described as a Iridescent Gold Ivory and Pink Sand with Golden Sheen. The swatches were pretty- I loved Albatross so I thought what the hey- it's probably another version of it. Nope- it has no pigmentation at all- not that I was expecting much but when I applied it it looked like a glitter bomb exploded- no sheen or color! I do have to say it's pretty glitter but I don't want it all over my face. It also applies very chalky. Bad thing is the glitter doesn't even stay on my skin- it ends up everywhere but my face. I hated to say this but this one is going back!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Too chalky and glittery. The light eight feel is nice, doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Ok... but the shades barely show on my very fair skin, and the chalky texture and ample glitter pieces make this a “pass” for me. Looks so pretty in the compact and the paleness of the shades would normally be right up my alley for highlighters, but it just didn’t work. Now, for this price, it should be excellent and have skin benefits or something. I would continue to use it from time to time to brighten up at the outer top of my cheekbones, but would not recommend to anyone.

on 4/7/2016 2:37:00 AM

I was really disappointed with this. To begin with, I bought this because it was advertised (falsely) to contain the NARS Albatross highlighter (thanks a lot Iconic...). Just a heads up - it doesn't. Although I haven't used Albatross, I'm pretty certain people would not be raving about it if it was indeed one of the 'blushers' included in this duo. Both these colours are just so bland and add very little to your look. The only difference they make are little pieces of glitter which go all over your face and floor and clothes and everything else. I used this twice and then put it into my make-up drawer where bad cosmetics go to die.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Don,t like it at all!It's way to powdery and after the first use the case is a totall mess!I applied the lighter shade and had to use a lot before you could even see a little bit of the product on my cheeckbones.I have to say that i do,nt like most Nars products.They are overated en overhyped and way to expensive.I prefer M.A.C any time over Nars I gave the packaging a 4 * because i love the way that lookes but that's about the only positive thing i can think off !

Popular Blush Products