NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

3.3

on 1/16/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OMG! This is one of the worst products I have ever used. I was so excited to order this- on the NARS website it's described as a Iridescent Gold Ivory and Pink Sand with Golden Sheen. The swatches were pretty- I loved Albatross so I thought what the hey- it's probably another version of it. Nope- it has no pigmentation at all- not that I was expecting much but when I applied it it looked like a glitter bomb exploded- no sheen or color! I do have to say it's pretty glitter but I don't want it all over my face. It also applies very chalky. Bad thing is the glitter doesn't even stay on my skin- it ends up everywhere but my face. I hated to say this but this one is going back!

I am going to use this to add shimmer to the high planes of the face..no color payoff which is depressing. Looks nice over other blush colors EDIT: I have had this a little while now..and I am glad I kept it! Really more of a glitter izer..I dont think thats a word but thats what Hungry Heart is..not a blush

So disappointed... I love NARS blushes and I bought this from the NARS site as soon as the spring 09 collection came up. It looks gorgeous in the pan, the left side is a light glittery pink and the right side is a light gold. However, both sides are way too sheer and glittery to actually be used as blush.

Honestly I would consider this more of a highlighter, because it is really sheer (almost no color shows up at all, just glitter). And the glitter is out of control, usually NARS blushes can be buffed out so the glitter isn't over the top, but these are both so glitter-heavy. So honestly, its fairly useless as a highlighter too because its so sparkly. I'm not a fan of this, unless you are very very pale and love glitter, you should pass on this one.

on 1/19/2009 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I love NARS but this is terrible. Too much glitter, too light, not flattering at all!

on 2/2/2009 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, I am clearly in the minority here, but I actually like this duo. It was an impulse buy at the NARS counter, and I was instantly in love with it due to the HUGE glitter aspect. I am a glitter freak, but if you aren't, stay away from this product. Furthermore, I think that NARS probably shouldn't have marketed these as blushes, as they are definitely only highlighters. I do wish they were slightly more pigmented, but as they are I can use them over any kind of mu I have on. I use them on my brow bone, cheek bones, and sometimes as a sheer glittery wash on my lid. I was always lemming Albatross, but I actually liked this better since it's more glittery than Albatross's white sheen. I do have to say that none of the pictures I've seen online have matched what the product actually looks/applies like in real life. I would recommend this to any girl who loves a super glittery highlight look, but definitely go see it in store before you purchase so you can see if the amount of glitter and the sheerness of the product is good for you.

on 2/5/2009 9:24:00 AM

I agree with reviewer below. I too like this better than Albatross, which shows up as an unnatural, white sheen on my skin. The glittery, highlighter duo is not for everyday use, but it's great for fun and glam looks. I like this over Dolce Vita blush, with no or minimal eye & lip makeup. I think you have to have the right look to wear so much glitter. I find that it looks better on those with soft, exotic features--so called "baby faces".

i love it for the same reasons other hate it. it is great for a glowy, sparkly wash over your regular blush or bronzer, on your cleavage, as eyeshadow, or even looks nice in my pale blonde hair! i was feeling some buyers remorse after seeing the negative re-buy here but i am very pleased.

on 3/6/2009 4:56:00 PM

I love this duo! It's great to have bronzer and blush close together cuz, I don't want my whole face to be the same color. I probably won't buy it again just because it's a splurge for me. I am so glad I did though! I'm gonna make it last. It's just the right shade for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was a total impulse buy at Sephora, so unlike the reviewers below who were expecting a blush or a non glittery highlighter, I just walked up to it and swatched it not knowing what it was supposed to be. That said, I'm another fan of this product for reasons why others hate it - I love the glitter! I like it because it's shimmery and sparkly but not in a chunky "I'm 12 and I threw glitter on my face" way. Sparkles are fun on a nice sunny day or a night out! It definitley doesn't have enough color to be worn as a blush alone, but I like that because I can just put it on top of whatever blush color I'm wearing - it's versatile. If you like sparkles, you'll like this!

on 4/8/2009 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried it on in store specifying not wanting to look like a middle schooler with glitter all over her cheeks. The SA applied it, I had glitter all over my face and no color, just glitter. Needless to say I didn't buy it.

Packaging is horrible black rubber-like case that attracts dirt and powder and I can't see the color inside.

Popular Blush Products