NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart
NARS Hungry Heart comparison

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Too chalky and glittery. The light eight feel is nice, doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Ok... but the shades barely show on my very fair skin, and the chalky texture and ample glitter pieces make this a “pass” for me. Looks so pretty in the compact and the paleness of the shades would normally be right up my alley for highlighters, but it just didn’t work. Now, for this price, it should be excellent and have skin benefits or something. I would continue to use it from time to time to brighten up at the outer top of my cheekbones, but would not recommend to anyone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't produce enough glitter to look childish, IMO, and I am 43! I love the way this looks and I love the way it applies, but here's the thing - I am super-oily, so as soon as I press anything to my face to blot the oil, guess what comes off with it?

So while I love this as a "buffer" to lighten lines and tone down a too stark blush, for the price I'd rather use Nico ($37 vs. $25). If you have to, have to, HAVE TO have a sparkle item for your face, go with MAC's Belightful. It's a fraction of the price and really, in the end, gives practically the same effect.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off, Nars has quickly become one of my fav brands along with Mac. I've been waiting to get this duo for a while and finally got it a couple of weeks ago. I loved it ever since I first swatched it in Sephora. I love how it sparkles in sunlight and evening lighting. Make sure you know that if you buy this, it is a highlighting duo, not blush - but looks awesome over blush of course. Also, it is very sparkly, so make sure that is something that you want - more sparkly than just a little shimmery, and doesn't give off more of a luminizing sheen if that is also what you are looking for - look to something like TheBalm Mary Lou-Manizer if you want that sheen - it is awesome for that. Also, Urban Decay's Moonlight cream highlight gives off the perfect irridescent luminizing sheen (I would really like to try their other shades of that too). Then of course don't forget Benefit's highlighters for those types of effects - their highlighters are all definitely more of the luminizing sheen and less of the shimmery/sparkly variety. I'll stop there with the list - sorry I'm a super highlighter addict - I don't go anywhere without it and I love trying new ones. I do happen to love a lot of sparkle though - I'm always attracted to anything that twinkles just about *insert twinkling sound effect* So to the reviewer who is "25" and said that they "can still wear glitter and that the older one's should stay away": Well I gotta say, I just turned 39 - granted I've always looked considerably younger than my numerical status, but even still one's age should NEVER be the determining factor when it comes to expressing oneself - that's just simply illogical. If you are comfortable with it and it makes you happy then so be it! I wear sparkly stuff all the time and all I've ever gotten was compliments - ppl coming up to me and telling me how pretty I look or ppl asking about where I get my cosmetics that they like how it looks on me - my husband also loves it - he's always taking me into lighting so he can check out what kind of "twinkles I got on today." And no, I'm not just being told just b/c they are trying to be polite - people don't stop you in the middle of the street in broad daylight at a crowded farmer's market to say stuff like "Sorry I just had to come up and tell you how stunningly beautiful you are - you look like a movie star!" and it is other ladies who say this stuff too - not just guys! So if I looked so ridiculous, then they would be laughing or making the "ewww" face - they certainly would never come up saying the other! So it doesn't matter how old you are or anything! If you really like something, and you are comfortable, and it makes you feel good about yourself - you will feel pretty and it will show - you will have a more confident stride and expression!

Popular Blush Products