NARS Cosmetics Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Hungry Heart comparison

2.8

on 4/24/2012 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have the gold ivory side of the hungry heart duo and I have to say it is a beautiful golden color and is of high quality but it's basically just finely milled glitter. I like to use it at night on my shoulders or decolletage area but thats it. The glitter only shows up when the light hits it a certain way which is good or bad depending on what you want. I'm not a huge fan of using glitter on my face unless it's a glitter eye liner or something but for the body it's ok....I think if this would have included more of a shimmer or even tinier glitter I would have liked it better.

on 8/20/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ugh-right in the garbage this went after two tries. I purchased this on an impulse at Sephora (the shimmer under their lights and the pretty pale pink side-it was gorgeous). I got home and tore into it and looked like a disco ball. I'm sure other negative reviews have used that term. I am not afraid of shimmer either, and I am not giving this product a bad review for being what it is supposed to be, but I hated it. I adore Bobbi Brown's shimmer bricks, and similar products, but this seemed so juvenile to me, maybe when I was younger I could get away with it but not now. I saved it to try with an evening look but I was just as unhappy with the results and this is when I threw it out. I might have saved it if the pink side gave a hint of that pale pigment, but maybe it's a good thing that it didn't.

on 7/29/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This product is a great Highligher duo on my pale skin. I also find it good to help lighten/brighten a blush that may be too dark or intense. I do use this with LM finishing (skunk) brush with a VERY light touch. (dont overdo on this product or it wont look good). So for pale/cool skin girls looking for a good highlighter set I do recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

it is no surprise to anyone, I trust NARS quality and this is another great one to try out, I have been using this on my cheek and forhead, it just give me a natural glow/ blush effect. looks like I just had a glass of wine ^-^, I love it.

on 6/22/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First of all, I am not one to shy away from shimmer. I love glowy, shimmery products. NARS Hungry Heart is not shimmery--it is glittery. It is a glitter bomb. I don't think this looks nice on anyone young or old because it is far too glittery. I don't think it is particulary effective as a highlighter either because it doesn't highlight--it is just GLITTER.

on 2/5/2009 9:24:00 AM

I agree with reviewer below. I too like this better than Albatross, which shows up as an unnatural, white sheen on my skin. The glittery, highlighter duo is not for everyday use, but it's great for fun and glam looks. I like this over Dolce Vita blush, with no or minimal eye & lip makeup. I think you have to have the right look to wear so much glitter. I find that it looks better on those with soft, exotic features--so called "baby faces".

on 1/19/2009 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I love NARS but this is terrible. Too much glitter, too light, not flattering at all!

I am going to use this to add shimmer to the high planes of the face..no color payoff which is depressing. Looks nice over other blush colors EDIT: I have had this a little while now..and I am glad I kept it! Really more of a glitter izer..I dont think thats a word but thats what Hungry Heart is..not a blush

Popular Blush Products