NARS Blush Duo in Hungry Heart

NARS Blush Duo in Hungry Heart
NARS Hungry Heart comparison

2.9

on 4/7/2016 2:37:00 AM

I was really disappointed with this. To begin with, I bought this because it was advertised (falsely) to contain the NARS Albatross highlighter (thanks a lot Iconic...). Just a heads up - it doesn't. Although I haven't used Albatross, I'm pretty certain people would not be raving about it if it was indeed one of the 'blushers' included in this duo. Both these colours are just so bland and add very little to your look. The only difference they make are little pieces of glitter which go all over your face and floor and clothes and everything else. I used this twice and then put it into my make-up drawer where bad cosmetics go to die.

on 12/31/2012 3:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Looked pretty in the store but then when you go to use it it doesn't really highlight it just kinda puts glitter everywhere and it's leaves fine powder/chalk all over the packaging. For the money you'd think it would be better. Love the packaging and other blushes but I'm just not impressed by this one. Bobbi Brown Party Shimmer Brick is similar to this but looks a bit more scary when you see it alone but is very lovely on. I'd rather use that than this.

on 12/27/2012 7:34:00 PM

*Sigh* I really like NARS products I really do, there's not one time I've been to the counter and haven't bought anything. But Hungry Heart was quite a dissapointment, especially since there have been a lot of good reviews on YouTube especially on their blushes.

That was a lot of money just spent on finely milled glitter I mean there was no color for it to show up, I've tried many brushes and it's still not any different. Maybe if i wet the brush it would be better...? All in all, if you're looking for a nice ivory/golden highlighter skip this one unless someone at the counter shows you how to use it in a way that shows up and if you do lemme know!

This is my favorite highlighter ever :) I always have to apply this whenever I'm going out for the night. Honestly, I wasn't sure of it at first, but I asked a makeup artist how to apply it appropriately & he totally changed my face drastically, I'm just in love with it :) you can also use it as an eyeshadow, which I use as a brow highlight or a base.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this as a gift - I would never purchase this ... blush?

I'm NARS Barcelona - MAC NC 30-35. This doesn't show up as blush on me. Maybe on someone that has very light skin? And it's a glitter bomb. I tried using it as highlighter. It was okay - I'd much rather use the NARS copacabana illuminator or multiple.

This duo basically sits unused. Sometimes I'll pull it out and powder it on my collarbones, shoulders, legs if I'm going out somewhere for the night or to the beach.

People are saying they throw these products away, lol. What a waste of $38, what are they thinking.

A lot of glitter in this one. Doesn't function as a blush, but more as a glitter-shimmer. I like this look, I think just a light touch on the cheeks is cute, but the mature crowd will probably disagree. This isn't a crappy drugstore shimmer. It's a very fine glitter. There's a difference.

I purchased the Body Shop's Brilliance Powder (which is like a click pen style shimmer brush) on the same day and I cannot CANNOT stress how completely alike the effects of these two products are. There's no point in spending the $38 when you can get a $22 dupe. Regardless, I'm keeping both.

Overall, a good product for me and anyone who likes a pretty hint of glitter. Just don't overdo it.

on 8/19/2010 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really like using this duo. I have several highlighters so i really didn't need this one but I love the quality of the glitter in this. The glitter is really unique, i don't think there's anything else like it out there right now. Its not a chunky glitter, but its definitely bigger and bolder than the "shimmer" in most highlighters. Its true that the colour base to this highlight doesn't stick around, but i don't mind. The glitter catches the light in such a flattering way. Its bold but not tacky!

It was an expensive splurge for a highlighter, but it will last a long time. Use a small fluffy brush with this duo, and be careful b/c the compact can become a powdery mess if you dip into it too roughly.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

These are my go to highlighters. I don't use them as blush since they're pretty much colorless, I use them over my matte blushes for a little glow. I don't find them glittery. They look look shimmery on me. I feel glamorous when I have this product on. I even use as e/s. Looks great! Only use a little though, since It is a highlighter. I don't know why Its called a blush duo since there's no color to them. So I just refer to these as highlighters. I only wear it on special occasions when I want that extra oomph.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice product definitly not a must have especially for the price tag. Prettier in pan than when in use, but has a beautiful sparkle and shimmer for a night look.

Great for a highlight for night, pigmented, sparkly(could be good or bad depends on preference), colors are workable for any skintone, easy to work with, soft.

Very pricey for the payoff, it does not add much of a sheen to the highlight more sparkle, not an everyday go to product.

This product is fun im happy I have it in my collection, but definitly not a must have again. Im sure you can find a dupe for cheaper, there are many other products you would grab for more than this.

I bought this from sephora because it looked so pretty on the display..well I brought it home and attempted to apply this with a kabuki brush and the product almost crubled- at $37 a pop, the powder should have a better consistancy-so much of it is wasted-plus there is no color at all in this- just some funky shimmer that looks kind of tacky on- I put some over eyeshadow, and it looked ok, but nothing great- this one went back- this is 99 cent store material...