no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

My mom actually got this as part of a GWP, and of course, being a daughter, I play with all the makeup she doesn't use! This sat in my makeup bag for the longest time--it doesn't look that appealing in the tube. Just looks like a deep red. BUT, once I tried it on, I wish I had tried it on earlier! It's the perfect berry red, and suits my olive skintone perfectly. The other red lipstick I have is a lot more cool-toned (a Dior one) and a lot tougher to pull off too often, but this is definitely something I can see myself wearing a lot. Shiseido lipsticks tend to be very creamy and smooth in application, and this is no different. Will definitely buy the full-sized once this runs out.

About reviewer (256 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

I have two little sample tubes of Berry Sheer from GWPs, so I don't think I'll be purchasing a full-size very soon, but the day might come!! I have fair skin and pretty pigmented pink lips.. on me, this colour looks like a sheer red with buildable coverage - not a dark berry shade at all. I find the lasting power to be good, better than a lip gloss, and the texture is smooth and non-drying. From the many freebie lipsticks I've sampled from Shiseido, I have to say that I prefer the Sheer Gloss Lipsticks over their other lines. This colour is a great introduction to red lipstick. Berry Sheer is one of those products I'd recommend to just about anyone!!

About reviewer (318 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

12 years ago

The color in the tube freaked me out but it goes om quite natural on the lips. I like the fact that it has a gloss to it, really nice. Staying power isn't great but that doesn't matter. Color is great! Tanja

About reviewer (186 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

12 years ago

Shiseido lip products are unbeatable. Their sheer line is great -- they impart a nice, transparent hue with just the right amount of sparkle. I generally dislike super-glossy lips because it's just too teenie-bopper for me. I'm also a fan of their Perfecting Lipsticks, which are also not too strong and not drying. I'm not good at judging lasting power, but if I'm out the whole day, I usually only touch-up once.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

13 years ago

I LOVE this lipstick (or is it a gloss?) I bought it when it first came out, b/c the old shade of sheer plummy lipstick had been discontinued. First of all, Shiseido makes the best gloss sticks, ever. It is really emollient and shiny, without being sticky or sliding around too much. Berry Sheer is red made easy... it is more of a blue based red, than "berry" ( which I associate with more of a raspberry/magenta shade) and can be easily worn day or night, for an elegant, yet natural look.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

13 years ago

wow, i really love this lipstick. it's sheer, but still imparts just enough color--which is a very pretty berry red that seems to offer a nice pop of color w/o being garish. it kind of gives the beestung look that i yearn for. the lipstick itself looks like this dark & deep berry color, but doesn't looks that way when applied onto the lips. plus, the texture is so soft, it just glides on. my only issue is the price @ approximately $25 (before tax), but it is worth it!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

14 years ago

This lipstick is a glorious rich berry shade. The sheer shade is great, one coat creates a rather flushed just in from the snow, flushed berry lip, several coats creates a rich berry lip worthy of kissing Humphery Bogart or Cary Grant. The only problem with this lipstick is that with many coats it tends to bleed alittle so you need to use lip liner with it. I really like to combine this lipstick with bonnebell's Dr.Pepper chapstick the result is stunning.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrown

EyesGreen

14 years ago

Love this. Bought it after seeing it recommended on here. It's a lovely berry red colour and really brightens up the face - seems to bring the green in my eyes out too. It goes on sheer, although you can really build it up. I don't find it as moisturising as others have said though. It certainly isn't the most drying lipstick I've used, but it isn't as moisturising as say Butter Shine's by Clinique. I do have very dry lips though and am seriously fussy with lipstick! I wear a bit of lip balm with it and it's fine. It's very long lasting for a sheer lipstick and, as others have commented, it fades really evenly leaving a lovely berry stain on the lips. Makes my teeth look whiter which is a bonus. I'm looking forward to trying more out in the range - especially Honey Tea.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBlond

EyesHazel

14 years ago

Again, I can't say enough about these lipsticks. Fabulous color. Nothing too strong! Just PERFECT.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

15 years ago

Unusual but highly wearable sheer lipstick. Struggling to think of how to describe the colour but I would say it is an deep but vibrant berry red with a hint of orangey coral!!! Whatever colour it is, it really makes the lips stand out - I have a lot of compliments when I wear this shade. Very pretty colour, and suitable for all seasons. Its also quite moisturizing - I dont feel the need for lip balm first. Colour seems to stay longer than Honey tea, and of course the fabulously sleek packaging. A real winner!

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age25-29