Got2B Fat-tastic Mousse

Got2B Fat-tastic Mousse

3.8

Water, Propane, Polysorbate 20, Butane, Polyquaternium 11, VP/VA Copolymer, Isobutane, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Quaternium 52, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

this stuff dried out my hair. When ever I used it my hair would have so many more tangles than it usually has. I really don't need anymore tangles in my hair. It also leaves build up. I guess it's just not the stuff for me.

on 10/20/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this mousse, it does exactly what it says. I have very thick hair, but it has a tendency to get flat very quickly, especially in the crown area of my head, so i'm always looking for volume there. This mousse does a great job at giving me tons of volume. It does have a perfume-like scent, but i actually like it (smells better than a lot of other hair styling products i've tried). It keeps the volume in my hair all day too, and does a great job at making the roots much thicker too. But i think the main aspect i love about it is that it doesn't make my hair feel "crunchy" or feel like i have product in my hair, which i hate and usually deters me from even using them. I can run my fingers through my hair at the end of the day and it doesn't feel stiff or crunchy, and yet i still have volume and thickness! Amazing mousse.

To Read all 70 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/14/2015 6:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I find this stuff to be a great mousse - It gives me just a little more thickness and volume, which is exactly what I need it to do. It doesn't give a ton of volume, though, so if you want giant hair, this probably isn't for you. I also love that it doesn't weigh my fine hair down at all.

on 10/9/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this mousse. It's pretty much the only mousse I've kept around in my routine for over a few years at a time; it's cheap, I can get it at any superstore - and it works really well - if you use A LITTLE. Some other reviewers have mentioned that a little goes a long way - it DOES. I find that if I use too much (like the middle of my palm gets filled) it's wayyyy too much and then my hair gets gunky or has product overload and it flops. I spray about a quarter sized dollop in my hand (I have hair down to my chest) and that is MORE than enough. I find that it does dry my hair out a little bit, but I find that curls and volume need that. If my hair is too soft/silky, nothing wants to stay curled and my hair goes flat.

Highly recommend giving this a try - but remember a little goes a long way.

HG. Took me a long time to figure out my hair and how to get the most out of this product, but recently stumbled on a method that seems to give my hair strength and plump volume with reasonable lasting power. I can actually wear my hair down without looking sad; my mother, who shares my hair predicaments, could not stop staring at what she called my massive head of hair. Maybe an overstatement, but she knows why I never wear my hair down. I'm sold.

My hair: Superfine, straight, and thin, especially near the crown, top, and front (this seems to be getting worse with age). Asian untreated, but it's never been the lustrous heavy black hair I covet; slight natural wave, infuriating fly-aways. Currently falls almost to the small of my back.

The look I'm going for is not big hair. My aesthetic actually leans toward flat hair. I like the way my hair looks washed and air-dried: fine with slight wave. I just want to avoid flashing scalp. Using this mousse and blow-drying (which has thus far never been a part of my routine), I get maybe 15 minutes of big hair before it settles into a better version of its natural self. The fragrance is minimal, inoffensive, and dissipates; I have a hypersensitive nose and often wear perfume, and the smell of this product does not offend me or intrude on other scents.

Some tips if you have long, insanely thin hair like mine.
1. I get my hair as dry as possible before I grab the dryer (I save time by washing/ conditioning hair first thing in the shower, then wrap my hair in a microfiber turban while I shower, moisturize, make up, dress, breakfast, etc). Note for long hair: I rinse out the conditioner and detangle with head flipped over in the shower, squeeze dry, then wrap; maximum length touching maximum towel.
2. De-clump hair at the scalp by running a hot dryer over it but hair should still be damp before moussing.
3. Experiment with amount, obviously. Less is more, except when it's not enough.
4. In the past, I have focused my attention on the thin areas only, which set me up for disappointment since volumizing a scant area creates that cage effect, resulting in a clear view to the scalp. You need to puff up the supporting cast, as it were, to prop up the thin areas. For me, this means pretty much everything that would be covered by a baseball cap.
5. Don't forget the underside of the hair when moussing. Easy to remember if you just keep the hair flipped over the whole time. Rather like forgetting the top side when applying mascara.
6. Back-comb with medium heat. This is key. Not with an actual comb, but with air. Hold chunks of hair perpendicular to your scalp and aim the dryer down towards the root, as you would with a comb to tease. Basically the opposite of what one should do for sleek straight hair. This might create some frizz, so YMMV, but if your hair is truly as fine as mine, you will understand that frizz at the roots is exactly what is called for.
7. Use the Cool button on the dryer to make sure that your hair from root to about 3 inches out is thoroughly and I mean bone-dry.

Only seems labor-intensive until it becomes routine -- under 5 minutes, if that, once I have the dryer in hand (one of the perks of having so little hair). Every so often I skip the mousse for 2-3 days to manage build-up.

Play around with it. Inexpensive enough to make it worth trying.

on 5/12/2015 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought it because I wanted to try something new, and it's ok, but not my favorite. I actually like the smell as well, but it doesn't linger in your hair. I can smell it when my hair is still wet, but once it dries, I only smell either my shampoo/conditioner or my heat protectant product. I still use it on occasion because it's better than nothing, but it's not my go to.

This stuff was alright. Nothing special. Half way thru the bottle my nozzle broke :(

on 3/3/2014 11:14:00 PM

No good. This stuff dried out my hair, leaving it frizzy and straw-like. I switched back to the Pantene Volume Mousse.

SCENT:
It's a masculine scent, like Axe Body Spray, upon application but it quickly disappates once it's in your hair. I can't smell it after the fact.

PACKAGING:
Appealing and well functioning packaging. A lot of product packed inside.

on 8/2/2013 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My HG mousse!!!

I use this in 2 different ways.....My hair is very naturally curly (think spiral curls) and using this on my curls and scrunching them and letting my hair air dry my curls looks full and awesome(this mousse holds my curls and zero frizz!!!

2nd way I use this is when I straighten my hair. After shampooing etc I use a little of this at the roots of my hair,blow dry and then straighten...my hair has AMAZING volume & texture!!!! If I don't use mousse my hair after straighten can look super flat (wich on occasion is fine) but when I want big volume this is my go to product!

*A little goes a long way and the scent to me is sweet and kinda perfumey.

100% repurchase over & over!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've tried a lot of volumizing products for my fine hair and this one has probably worked the best. It definitely makes my hair much easier to style and the style lasts much longer. I've only used it to blow dry my hair straight so I'm not sure how it will work when I wear my hair wavy. However, I use a ton of it and my hair is not sticky at all, it feels very soft. I really like the scent but maybe I'm just weird, either way the scent doesn't linger long.