John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Creme

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Creme

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Phenyltrimethicone, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, PVP, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005)

Ah-mazing!!! I've tried a handful of anti-frizz products and this (and the polishing serum from John Frieda) is hands down the best! It doesn't leave the hair greasy and actually takes away the frizz. And not to forget the smell!! Smells so lovely. A fresh salon smell!

Highly recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i bought one over 10 years ago n loved cuz it was virtually odorless n didnt aggravate my sensitive skin n migranes. plus it got rid of flyaways and frizz without weighing down my thick wavy fine hair. i ordered another tube last week and it stunk of strong/lingering perfume. my face broke out in hives. shit...it was 3am n i had to wash my hair n change my clothes and it still reeked. besides that it made my hair greasy. called the co the next day and was told they changed the fragrance to this scent on all there products in 2008. its bad enuf co's do this but these idiots didnt bother to change ingredients on the tube. they dont give refunds n i got way pissed off so they reluctantly gave it as long as i filled out a lengthy questionare. IF U USED TO LOVE THE OLD VERSION N DONT LIKE STRONG PARFUM PASS ON THIS.

To Read all 248 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Did not work for me. Tried it several ways, on different days (different levels of humidity, etc) and just did not do it's job (at least not for me). My hair, which is pretty much poker-straight naturally, tends to get frizzy in the humidity. I was hoping this would combat that. It did seem to give me volume, though..? But it does not do for me it's main claim.

It is a white colored cream and has very little scent, which I appreciate. I apply a dab between my palms, rub my palms/hands together, and then 'smooth' my hands down my hair. Within half an hour it looks like I used nothing. In fairness, though, I am convinced there just is not truly frizz-proof product. Especially not in humidity. I've tried many. This one is just another fail and would not repurchase.

I've been using this product 10 years now and I love it. Especially when I put some curls in my hair, this cream makes them stay put and beautiful, they also last longer.

on 9/18/2015 1:06:00 AM

Works! I have regretted purchasing this product but kept it for updos until today. I applied very sparingly - say a pea-sized drop, all over my hair when it was mostly dry (I air dry) and my hair looks soft and glorious. Before, I would use more product and only after my hair had frizzed out in the humidity, which resulted in a greasy, hideous mess.

I think this is a really nice product. My hair is slightly wavy and doesn't get too frizzy, but this makes the very ends nice and soft. I only use on the very ends of my dry hair. You can find it in most drug stores and the price is reasonable.

on 7/12/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

if you're looking for a creme product to take away frizz, this is it!
I have thin, straight, blonde hair and have put a tinyyyy bit of this lightly throughout my hair after I blow dry and it really does take care of frizz! honestly, I'd compare it to the tigi bed head after party.
I expected this to have a higher rating here. it adds softness and makes my hair feel really good. it smells good and does exactly what it says it will do. if it weighs down your hair, use less. it doesn't need to be applied throughout all of your hair.
if you need a heavier frizz control product, perhaps the john frieda serum is a good option.

I find this works better after I blow dry. if I use it before, I'm forced to use too much and it gets heavy

I do wish it added extra shine or nourishment to my hair, but it's simply a post blow dry defrizzer.
not sure how it would hold up to curls, but I love it and keep a mini size in my purse also!

on 4/20/2015 12:50:00 PM

LOOVVEE! Just bought this product for the first time, as a replacement for JF's Brilliant Brunette Satin shine finishing creme, which must be discontinued, since A) I really liked it and B) I can't find it anywhere! LOL. I took my almost empty tube with me and compared ingredients, and this one seemed to be very close, imagine that. This is BETTER, though!! My "routine" is pretty simple - I try to wash my hair only 2x a week, maybe 3 in warmer weather. I brush it out at night and put it up in a bun on my head, and restyle in the AM. I love salt sprays for that, but they ARE super drying, as so many ladies here have noted, and VERY rarely do I break out the blow dryer. I don't own any other styling tools. So I usually use a salt spray on my roots, and then the finishing creme from middle to ends. This product makes my hair so much softer, and the ends look smoother, WITHOUT taking away body. I will gladly update if my results change - but this is great! The price is right, and I really don't care about the packaging, if it's serviceable and dispenses the product reliably. It has a very faint fresh scent that dissipates once it's in my hair, too, so no competition with other fragrances. My hair just feels soft, the ends look great (not fuzzy!) and my hair is shiny, with just the right amount of pieceiness. Happy to have found this!

I've been using this for a week now and I really like it. When I run it thru my hair there is a certain...dryness...like the product catches on my hair and weighs it down, which is exactly what I want. Most finishing creams are too silky and light weight for me. I have straight long hair that gets frizzy easily and I need something serious. Light and silky sounds great but tacky and heavy is what actually works

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I bought a small trial size of this for $1.99 at Walgreens. I was hesitant as I have tried so many products claiming to keep my frizzies in check all of which have failed.
I have also tried John Frieda before in different formulas (not the shampoos and conditioner though) and so far the creams and serums did not work for me.
This product so far has been pretty good.
The smell is very light and I cannot detect it in my hair. It does not weigh down my hair or make it greasy. My hair feels nice and soft. It works pretty well for the on the frizz. It is not perfect but my hair looks so much better. I can slightly tell there is something in my hair but on my hair I always can.