John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Creme

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Creme
Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Creme

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Phenyltrimethicone, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, PVP, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005)

on 12/3/2017 10:49:00 PM

This has been my go-to drug store hair product for years now. It’s one of those things I always have to have on my shelf and I will continue to repurchase for a couple reasons. One, the cost is right. Two, it does a good job calming some frizz but, more so, it leaves my hair feeling super soft. I let my hair air-dry 90% of the time and this is the last product that goes in before hair spray. I have thick, wavy hair so I use curl creams and hair oil. And then the “secret weapon” is last to smooth everything down and keep my hair feeling soft instead of crunchy/dry. If I do ever blow dry, I use this right after I’m done drying and it keeps my hair soft instead of that dry “hay” feeling.

on 4/14/2017 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is good at minimizing frizz, not so much flyaways. If I'm about to iron/curl my hair I'll rub a a fear drops on my palms and and my curls look smoother. Doesn't too much for flyways at the top of my head though.

on 12/29/2016 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a review for the Secret Weapon touch up creme.

This stuff is HG material for my thick, frizzy, wavy/curly hair. My hair often gets tangled and I have to brush it out ( I use a wet hair detangler brush) and as expected, it looks like crap after brushing it out; dull, frizzy, shapeless. But then I smooth some of this on, and it diminishes frizz and makes my hair look decent/good/moisturized again. I brush my hair out daily because of tangles, and when I blow dry it a bit after washing. AND I use this EVERY time. It's a finishing cream. It's a touch up cream. It WORKS.

I might just buy a backup out of fear XD.
It helps with frizz, dullness, shapelessness. Brings a style back to life, smooths the mess. Great product at a great price. Ilove the squeeze tube too, I bring it with me everywhere.

on 10/2/2016 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This actually makes my hair look and feel drier and does absolutely nothing to add shine or moisture. It doesn't tame my frizz either. Not recommended.

Ah-mazing!!! I've tried a handful of anti-frizz products and this (and the polishing serum from John Frieda) is hands down the best! It doesn't leave the hair greasy and actually takes away the frizz. And not to forget the smell!! Smells so lovely. A fresh salon smell!

Highly recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i bought one over 10 years ago n loved cuz it was virtually odorless n didnt aggravate my sensitive skin n migranes. plus it got rid of flyaways and frizz without weighing down my thick wavy fine hair. i ordered another tube last week and it stunk of strong/lingering perfume. my face broke out in hives. shit...it was 3am n i had to wash my hair n change my clothes and it still reeked. besides that it made my hair greasy. called the co the next day and was told they changed the fragrance to this scent on all there products in 2008. its bad enuf co's do this but these idiots didnt bother to change ingredients on the tube. they dont give refunds n i got way pissed off so they reluctantly gave it as long as i filled out a lengthy questionare. IF U USED TO LOVE THE OLD VERSION N DONT LIKE STRONG PARFUM PASS ON THIS.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Did not work for me. Tried it several ways, on different days (different levels of humidity, etc) and just did not do it's job (at least not for me). My hair, which is pretty much poker-straight naturally, tends to get frizzy in the humidity. I was hoping this would combat that. It did seem to give me volume, though..? But it does not do for me it's main claim.

It is a white colored cream and has very little scent, which I appreciate. I apply a dab between my palms, rub my palms/hands together, and then 'smooth' my hands down my hair. Within half an hour it looks like I used nothing. In fairness, though, I am convinced there just is not truly frizz-proof product. Especially not in humidity. I've tried many. This one is just another fail and would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this product 10 years now and I love it. Especially when I put some curls in my hair, this cream makes them stay put and beautiful, they also last longer.

on 9/18/2015 1:06:00 AM

Works! I have regretted purchasing this product but kept it for updos until today. I applied very sparingly - say a pea-sized drop, all over my hair when it was mostly dry (I air dry) and my hair looks soft and glorious. Before, I would use more product and only after my hair had frizzed out in the humidity, which resulted in a greasy, hideous mess.

I think this is a really nice product. My hair is slightly wavy and doesn't get too frizzy, but this makes the very ends nice and soft. I only use on the very ends of my dry hair. You can find it in most drug stores and the price is reasonable.

Popular Styling Products