MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde Degradé

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde Degradé

4.5

on 1/11/2009 12:12:00 PM

Originally I wasn't going to buy the Blonde MSF but when I saw the collection in person I thought it was easily the prettiest for my NC15 skintone. I brought it home, wore it the next day, and realized early on I wasn't noticing a difference between it and many of my other blushes. So I returned it. That being said it is very pretty.

The Color: Mac describes Blonde as a pink to rose degrade. This is pretty accurate. But keep in mind if you're using a blush brush or a powder brush to apply you'll get a lot of the mixing of colors. In other words, the four color degrade you see becomes a moot point. They are all light colors and the degrade isn't extreme enough to make a difference. Depending on lighting and skintone it can get frosty so test it out first if that matters to you.

The Texture: These are like butter, especially compared to the older MSFs. People who like the smoothness of regular blushes will probably like these. You won't find any glitter chunks. The iridescence is tamed down from other MSFs like Petticoat - petticoat is darker by the way, but on my skin there wasn't much of a difference except the iridescence factor.

The Wear: Wears like any other blush or MSF. Oddly the color looked a little more muddy on me as the day wore on. It didn't stay as "fresh" looking.

The Bottom Line: If you feel you can't live without it, get it because it is very pretty. But if you have blushes like Angel and Strada, or some of the beauty powders I don't think you'll notice enough of a difference to make the cost (a wopping $28) worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love how soft it is. The whole, gradation thing is alright. But I like the veiny MSFs more. There isnt really a big difference from the "dark" and "light" color.

It is a nice blush on my pale skin, a darker skintone would prob like this more as a highlight.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i absolutely love this! at first when i saw this product on specktra (before they ruined it) i really liked it. then i saw the price, $28. the regular msf price was already kinda much... well i guess its the same as nars, and its bigger. well actually. its not that much.

i really like this color! i am an nc20 and it is amazing! it gives me a nice glowy look! i would re-purchase... too bad its LE. and the degrade reminds me of a shimmer brick!

on 1/11/2009 10:15:00 PM

This MSF is gorgeous! It is a very light pink blush with silver shimmer. It looks fresh and gives a nice light flush. Having said that, I think it borders on too shimmery of a lilac pink reminiscent of the 80's for me. MSF's have gotten waaaay too expensive--$28!! Are you kidding me?! Good lord! I think it is very similar to petticoat, but a lot lighter and a fine shimmer, not hot pink chunks like petticoat. I actually liked the way it looked in pictures better--more of light hot pink--in real life its much more rose, and a lot darker. It can be comparable to a lot of other pink blushes, its not that terribly unique. Can't decide if I will keep it or not.

EDIT: I bought the Redhead one and like that one much better on my skin tone--it warms it up. I also like how well it pairs with bronzer--which is a necessity on my NW20 skin. This is gorgeous but the silver shimmer really irritates me!

on 1/11/2009 11:48:00 PM

I absolutely loved this MSF. I was on the hunt for the eyeshadows and wasn't thinking about buying the Msf's. Once I seen the colors i totally feel in love with the blonde skinfinish. Yeah like others mentioned here it looks kind of like any other pinkish mac blush. It has a nice sheer tone to it and it looked great throughout the day. Im a Nc15 and loved the light glowly tone it gave to my skin. Not too shimmery but just right.

This is a nice product. Compared to Petticoat, it's a much softer pink that better compliments my fair complexion (especially in the winter). It's much less raspberry. However, I believe that they both can fullfill different needs for different looks.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I absolutely love the texture of this MSF compared to my Petticoat MSF. This texture reminds me of my Golden Bronze Iridescent Loose Powder (which I love). It has the same kind of shimmer ILP, not sparkles.

If you do not like a lot of shimmer then this product is not for you, skip it.

This gives me a very pretty soft pinkish rose shimmer finish on my cheeks. It is not as pink as Petticoat. This is perfect for me for winter time. During summer I may use it as a highlighter.

I am very happy with it. I do use a blusher brush to apply this and swirl all the colors together. The colors are graduated, from a very pale rose to a medium pink rose to a deeper pink rose color. The lightest shade is pretty soft and would make a good highlighter over the darkest pink shade.

This does not have a lot of color and would be a highlighter on darker skin tones. This fits us PPP's very nicely! It is amazing with smokey eyes.

I am in love!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I just wanted to let the darker girls know that this is an awesome color. It's a very, very pinky color - lighter than Light Flush MSF and a tad (just a touch) darker than Porecelian Pink with a visible metallic (not glittery, not shimmery) sheen. It is much, much softer than past generations of MSFs and they (the 3 new ones) apply more evenly than others released before. I've tried these with a ton brushes and for this new generation, I'd recommend the EcoTools large powder brush as it picks up enough color for perfect application. These new ones won't look as good using a #129, nor the #187/188 - trust me. This is a great everyday color for ALL skintones.

on 1/13/2009 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this! God it's beautiful! It's pink rose metallic heaven! I use it over cream blush and it creates a nice effect! I highly recommend! It's just so pretty! And the 165 brush is so great with this. I'm happy with this combo!

on 1/13/2009 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

"Yummy" is the first word I think of when I think of this product. It's ultra smooth and so easy to apply, almost like butter. The color is a soft pinky shimmer, perfect for a simple every day face. I know when it comes to MSF people complain of glittery chunks, but this product is just the smoothest, softest shimmer. It's gorgeous. I'm an Asian NC25, and it looks glowy and great on my skin! Oh, backup definitely needed.

Popular Blush Products