L'Oreal Everpure UV Protect Spray

Price: $

on 8/1/2011 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Do. Not. Like. This is an inexpensive product that probably does what it says it will do, but I can't get past the smell. It's strong and it lingers and it's unpleasant, like you put a large sprig of rosemary up your nose (think Pine-Sol). If you think this will smell like Aveda's Rosemary Mint products, you will be disappointed, as I was. Additionally, this makes my hair feel slightly tacky no matter how little I use. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Will pour what I have down the drain and not repurchase.

In reading the ingredient list, I don't see anything that I would consider a UV protectant, but maybe I don't understand what protects hair from UV rays.

Ingredients: Aqua/Water, PEG-14 Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Camphor Benzalkonium Methoselfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Benzophenone-4, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Triethanolamine, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Coumarin, Limonene, Geraniol FIL #032699/5.

I have been searching for a UV spray because I work outside in the summer as a gardener. I wanted something cheap and I already use the Everpure shampoo and conditioner so I gave this a shot. I like the smell of the shampoo- that herby, manly clean scent. It smells different than the shampoo, so if you are used to one- don't expect it to be the same. In fact, I actually really didn't like the smell of this spray. What I did to fix this was add lavender oil in it, and this cuts the scent a bit. I also added a few teaspoons of aloe as I regularly use this in my hair as a gel. Lastly, I added some of my Moroccan oil into it, and gave it a good shake. Now it is peeerfect. I use it when my hair is towel dried and I generously spray all of my hair. When my hair dries, it is completely frizz free, and it is soft like I had used a leave in conditioner. The spray on its own is perfectly fine- I just use the other add-ons regularly anyway. Now I just have one product which does it all.

I absolutely loooove this product. It leaves my hair so incredibly silky and soft that I cant believe it because my hair is coarse and thick and it usually takes a nice thick serum to soften my hair the way it did but it was a spray. I definitely will keep using and it soo worth the price. Cant believe some people dont like this. Its the only product like that. and its going to protect my color. hm. Miracle product.

on 12/27/2009 2:12:00 PM

LOVE THIS! It keeps my color, it smells so nice, and it makes my hair soft and shiny! No buildup at all, and easy manageable hair. I haven't been able to find one con yet, and the entire line is amazing.

on 6/24/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't know if it works, I can't get past that god-awful smell. It is a rosemary mint, but smells like very potent mens aftershave/mouthwash...but VERY strong and offputting and not feminine at all.

If you're considering buying it, I suggest unscrewing the cap at the store and giving it a whiff first to see if you like it.

on 5/2/2009 9:43:00 PM

So far, I love the scent of this and it seems to add softness and revives my hair on days I don't wash. I love the shampoo and conditioner versions and think that this is one of the best drugstore hair care systems on the market today. I only have used this on dry hair so far, but I will use on my wet shampooed hair next time I wash and update then to see how it behaves after using. Seems to be a very good product so far.

I have color treated hair and have found nothing (high end or low end) that can leave my hair soft and shiny. This is it! I use this after using hte color pure conditioner and my hair has never been better. This is the product you need!

Love this! Just spent a week on the beach and all I did was spray this in my hair, wet or dry, and not only did it give me wave and body with a kick of curl, but my hair is UNBELIEVABLY soft. I love this stuff! (note that my hair is not color treated and that surely has an effect on how it works for me!)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I guess it's kind of hard for me to review this product as I'm not out in the sun that much right now (it's winter and cold!) so I can't tell if it's preventing the fading of my hair color, but it can't hurt to use it, and the smell is amazing! I think the smell itself is worth it--smells like I just got out of the salon. Will continue to use this in the summer when I am out in the sun to protect my bottle red-colored hair. :)