Physicians Formula Summer Eclipse Bronzer and Shimmer Powder

Physicians Formula Summer Eclipse Bronzer and Shimmer Powder

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this Physicians Formula product. It's the Summer Eclipse Radiant Bronzing Powder in #3104 Moonlight/Light Bronzer. I love the golden moon embossed on the bronzer. It makes it easy to locate in my collection. It really does create a believable tan glow on my fair, freckled, & pink tinged skin. The powder seems packed in pretty hard b/c I had to rough it up w/a scratchy dollar store brush in order to get product out. After that it was simple to get on my soft brushes. It's about $9-$11 @ Target & WalMart. No orange, even in the gold portion. I love the shimmer! W/foundation underneath it doesn't emphasize pores & forehead lines. I like how I can choose to use the moon or the bronze portion to contour & glow all over.The packaging is the standard PF split pan w/the mirror stored under the powder pan. I don't mind it. I don't use the skinny brush. I use fat kabukis & loose powder brushes w/it.There's no scent, which is a bit sad b/c my other powder bronzers from Rimmel & Wet n Wild but not N.Y.C. It's a worthy addition to any fair to light skinned gal's collection. I could see it working for darker skins as more of a blush or highlight or even an eye shadow. I picked mine up in March when I saw an attached coupon!

GLITTER

indoors you'll lol nice

But step outside, and it'll look like you been playing with kiddie makeup

To Read all 51 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/24/2013 6:35:00 PM

I got this is moonlight, which is the light tan version.

This is not a bronzer for people who want to look like they just came back from a beach vacation. This is a very subtle, natural-looking light bronzer that adds just a bit of allover color for everyday, especially for us pale girls. It doesn't look orange at all, and it doesn't oxidize either, yay! There is some sparkle to it, (the highlight/moon part) but when you swirl your brush over both parts of the compact together the color applies evenly, blends nicely and the tiny bit of sparkle adds the radiance factor this bronzer advertises, giving a soft glow to the skin. The sparkle is not giant pieces of glitter, but you CAN see it on the skin and it's probably NOT what you want for everyday/work wear.

I like this stripped down compact too, because it's slim and doesn't have any of the extra crap that I never use, like the useless brushes that usually come with or a mirror. It's just the bronzer pan. I apply this with my Ecotools bronzer brush.

I've never had any problems for my sensitive/combination skin from PF's bronzers and this one is no exception. It is one of their slightly less pricey ones at about $12 and definitely worth a try if you're looking for a little bit of subtle color and sparkle.

My shade is called 'Moonlight/Light Bronzer'. I picked it up for $12. There is almost no colour to it, and just a subtle shimmer. I'm pretty pale and I prefer natural looking make up, so I use this product regularly. I pretty much use this as an all-over finishing powder to give my entire face a very subtle hint of colour OR I use it to lightly accentuate my cheekbones (with some illuminator underneath). To accentuate my cheekbones, I have to swirl my brush about 4-5 times into the blush to achieve a little bit of colour. If you're looking for a proper bronzer that delivers a nice hit colour, then this product is not for you. If you are NOT pale, then this product will just be a waste as it will not show up on the skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I scored this magnificent bronzer at 50% regular price; so basically, it was $10(CAD). I wouldn't have bought it otherwise, but now that I've used it, I'll gladly repurchase it at full price if need be. I chose the "sunlight" shade, which is for medium to dark skin tones. I have olive skin with a year round tan. This bronzer adds extra oomph and contours my face nicely, without looking obvious and/or overwhelming. The shimmer particles are very slight and nothing too extravagant. It helps that this bronzer has an added golden section, your bronzing brush will pick up both pigments and mixed together, it's very flattering. I promise you, this does not look orange on me at all! It's perfect!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely bronzer, I would totally reccommend those with oily skin to use this product if you are looking for a bronzer. It really contures the face without causing future breakouts.

I have fair skin that is sensitive and usually dry. I had first purchased the Sephora brand bronzer in the gold compact and it broke out my skin terribly. I saw this in CVS and decided to get it since there was a $4 coupon attached to the box. I had planned on purchasing the Cashmere Wear one but I could tell right away that one wouldn't work for me. I bought this one in the light shade and as the spring turns into summer I might go for the darker color. I love this one because it adds a subtle touch of shimmer without making my face look like a disco ball. It looks soft and natural on and it doesn't break out my skin at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Im not too crazy about packaging and it would be nice if it came with a mirror but other than that, this is my first bronzer and I love it. It has just enough shimmer not too much, lasts all day, evens out my skin, doesn't feel heavy, it gives me that sexy summer glow all year around the price is good since it lasts all day overall I would buy this product again I am in love with it and you guys have to try it

on 3/4/2011 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i purchased this in "starlight" for medium skintones. this is actually quite a sheer bronzer that would be very suitable to just add some slight warmth to pale skintones. this barely shows up on my nc25 asian skin. this will not give you a really bronzed or contoured look. the centre of the pan is the shimmer powder - it is very subdued shimmer because it is so tightly pressed that it is hard for a brush to grab. the bronzer itself is slightly shimmery (hardly detectable on the skin) with strong golden hues. i personally enjoy a bit of a deeper more pigmented bronzer on the face so i probably wouldn't repurchase. i mainly use it to contour my nose because it's sheer and looks more natural. this is a decent quality product, it really depends on how you like to apply your bronzer.

on 10/27/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just got this bronzer and I can't say I like it too much. I think I may have bought a shade too light because it doesn't really show on my skin. I am really pale right now since it's fall, unfortunately, so I thought it would show, but it doesn't! So I'm a little dissapointed.