L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.9

on 10/2/2015 12:03:00 PM

I love this mascara so much that I am honestly furious I didn't discover it till age 30. I'm about to use up my first tube and I will definitely be repurchasing.

I teach hot yoga and am in a sweaty room for several hours a day, so makeup that looks natural and stays put even through rivers of sweat is KEY. My personal ride-or-die items include NYX waterproof brow gel, those Revlon balm stains, Urban Decay All Nighter, and this. I've taught three classes in a row and this mascara literally does not budge or flake a single bit, even if I rub my eyes to wipe away sweat. And when I want to take it off, just a few handfuls of warm water pressed to my eyes and the tubes slide off completely! I don't think I've ever seen my eyes totally and completely clean of makeup unless I don't wear any for several days. With this mascara, nothing gets left behind. LOVE

Other people have talked about not using the white base coat; I've experimented with this, and it definitely affects the longevity. If you're just having a normal day of non-sweating, no rain, etc, then you can skip the base coat. If you're going to be getting damp or sweating a lot, I would recommend using the base coat for sure. Also, the base coat does wonders of lengthening and thickening. I definitely use it every time. Clumping and too-thick application are solved by simply wiping off the tip of the wand on some toilet paper to get rid of that big glob of product. This is true of every single mascara I have ever used, high-end and low-end alike, so I guess people complaining about it never learned that trick.

I realize that there are higher-end tube mascaras out there, but a) I'm cheap and b) I have no complaints about this one, so unless I get one of those other mascaras in a birchbox or something I don't plan on fixing what ain't broke.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

L'oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara did zilch for my lashes. Can't believe this is marketed as a lash lengthener.

I will stick with Maybelline (Rocket Volume and Illegal Length Fiber Extensions) and CoverGirl (Lash Blast Volume) mascara. Costs less and gets the job done.

UPDATED - Base coat makes lashes stiff, and the tubing is watery. Lashes end up resembling clumped up miniature spider legs. Not attractive.

on 2/12/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I've bought this 3 or 4 times now simply because it's so easy to wash off. It comes off with warm water in little clumps of plastic vinyl like substance. It does NOT get inky and smear like all other mascaras. But I probably won't buy again because it has NO volume. I can only apply two coats or my lashes clump and stick together in spidery globs. Also the white primer plus the black mascara makes my lashes kind of grey. I want to love this because of the vinyl type material instead of an ink like regular mascara but it just doesn't look good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been interested in trying out tube mascaras for a while since I live in a humid climate and tend get raccoon eyes easily thanks to long lashes and apparently very warm eyelids. The L'Oreal option was a good match for the price point and decided to snag a tube.

Overall, I'm impressed with this mascara and how it performs. I'm fortunate enough to have naturally long and fairly dark lashes, so this mascara does wonders and produces a full and defined look similar to that of false eyelashes. Once on, this mascara doesn't budge, flake or wither, it stays put and holds everything in place without being super crunchy or drying. I was worried that this formula could do damage to the health of my eyelashes since it's a long wearing formula, but I haven't experienced anything like that.

Taking this product off is also easy, I'll run a finger under warm water and then press it on the base off my lashes to loosen them up and then the tubes come right off as I wash my face normally. Not very many long wearing products come off this easy, so I think this part of the formulation is extra nice.

My only two complains are that the primer part doesn't seem to do to much for me and I find it actually makes the mascara more prone to clumping/sticking together for me. I much prefer how my lashes look without the primer and that they stay separated. The packaging also seems to let the mascara itself dry out, I've pulled out several dried out circles of mascara from the top of the tube which is fairly annoying. I don't like wasting product and if the formula is this prone to drying out, the packaging should be fixed to prevent that.

All in all, this is a great product that could use a tweak or two, but I love that it really lives up to the claims it makes which is such a rarity with mascaras these days.

on 1/13/2011 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty cool product. I have long lashes, but what woman doesn't want to capitalize on what she already has, right? If you want really long, "notice me" lashes, you owe it to yourself to give this a try. It takes a little getting used to and I wouldn't recommend using it on those days when you're in a rush, since you have to apply the primer then the masaca itself, and if you try to speed through the process, you'll get stuck-together, somewhat clumpy results. Take your time and you'll love how your lashes look - mine even hit my sunglasses when I put them on - yowza. It doesn't flake, smudge or run but removes easily with warm water and a gentle make-up remover. (I've never tried using warm water only, though some ladies report that works also.) I'm not sure how L'oreal managed to make that happen, but they did. In summation, this isn't my everyday, go-to mascara, but it's nice for special occasions or when I have time to "play" with my makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used Maybelline Great Lash for years, until it started irritating my eyes. I tried a bunch of different mascaras and lash tints, but they all irritated my eyes (I wear contacts). I finally tried the Tubes, thinking that maybe they wouldn't flake off into an irritating powder the way other mascaras do. It's true--the Tubes look good, stay on, and don't irritate my eyes. When you want to wash them off, they really do slide off your lashes as big ol' tubes. It's kind of funny, actually. And you don't get raccoon eyes with these, but if you accidentally rub your eyes, you might clump the tubes up.
I've been using this brand of mascara for over a year--I'll stick with it.

on 11/10/2010 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This has become my holy grail of mascaras for one reason - absolutely no smudging and raccoon eyes! I have seen that many reviews ding this mascara for this very reason, the fact that is come off in the clumps like that, but this is the very reason I love it! It is a mid-priced drugstore brand, and a great find for lasting power and length.
One of the main reasons I have always hated washing the make-up off my face at night is the difficulty of getting all the inky black-ness off around the eyes without being too harsh and rubbing my eyes too much (for fear of wrinkles!) and no other mascara I have ever used has compared.
Prior to trying this mascara, I was a constant mascara-switcher never buying the same one twice in a row trying to find the right one. This changed once I discovered that this NEVER smudges, rather coming off as a mass of spidery black tubes, but CLEAN spidery black tubes, mind you. It comes off very cleanly. This makes all the difference when it comes to my bad habit of dreading the before-bed washing. I wash my face as I imagine most women do normally, and then at the end of the process these are able to be pulled off with my fingernails without pulling my lashes out. Trust me, this sounds crazy but it is way easier than the rubbing and having a mess of black around your eyes!
The mascara formula itself is quite lengthening, somewhat thickening, and a little crunchy (if you know what I mean), but what it lacks in softness it makes up for is ease of removal.
I use it interchangingly with and without the white base, without much visible difference, and with the same removal results. The only difference is you get a little more thickness with the white base, but I can get the same result with a few coats of the black mascara anyway, so I rarely use the white base.
If you are looking for a clean, non-smudging mascara that lengthens and cleans up easily, this is the product for you!

on 10/7/2010 11:38:00 AM

I actually really like this mascara. I have the non-waterproof version, and I find it to be smudge-free, flake-free (basically, at the end of a 12hr day i have no black shadow underneath my eyes). The formula really help to lengthen and define my lashes. Also it is really easy to remove, I don't need to use makeup remover, just wash it off with warm water and a good facial cleanser. I think this is definitely a good buy. The only complaint that I have is I find the brush to be a bit big for my eyes (I consider myself to have fairly small eyes), but I guess it's really not the product's fault....
I think I will buy it again (although I do think compare to other drugstore mascara, L'Oreal products are on the pricey side), but I will also try other products occasionally....

on 7/30/2010 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try this forever! I finally got it and I wasn't too disappointed, which is good. It doesn't smudge or flake too much. The thing about is that it did nothing for separating my lashes which is why I only rated this product a 3. I think I would buy it again, but I'm not sure. It's kind of pricey for a drugstore mascara. Lengthening was okay and the volumizing was great. I wouldn't recommend this only because it's not worth the price!

XOXO

I am on my second tube of this product and it is the best mascara I have used up to this point. I love that the tube includes a primer (white coat) along with the black mascara portion. I find that it does not clump, is long lasting, and makes my lashes look fuller and longer. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a cheap but effective mascara.