L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 11/11/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Over the last few years, I made the move to tube mascaras due to allergic reactions to many formulas and frustrations over flaking and other smudging. I ended up playing with a regular drugstore mascara (L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes) and a department store (Trish McEvoy Lash Curling). Both have their pros and cons. Here is my takeaway on L'Oreal:

Pros
Length!
No clumping (with careful application - not hard to do, but you can't rush)
Long Wear
Easy Off!
OMG so inexpensive
Does not dry out in the tube before 3 months

Cons
Two step process - if you're used to getting up and out, you probably don't feel like waiting around for the primer coat to dry, then carefully comb over the color
Compared to Trish, a rather large tube

Honestly, I would love to get the L'Oreal lash from a single product application, and would pay the Trish price for it. However, until it's available, I can be pretty satisfied with the Beauty Tube result.

on 9/27/2015 9:27:00 PM

This is my go-to when I can't get to Sephora to buy Blinc mascara. It flakes a little more than Blinc and is a little harder to remove. However, has mostly the same non-smudge properties. I used the white undercoat only once and it burned my eyes, never again. Wish there were more colors than black...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I buy this product over and over. Most times I do not use the white undercoat. I just love it because it is the ONLY mascara I have found that doesn't rub off onto my under eyes. It is a gel type mascara so it stays put. It does wash off easily. I apply very, very warm water and they basically just fall off.

I am 55 and any other type of mascara ends up giving me black under my eyes even though I typically don't use mascara on my lower lashes. I have actually loved some of the other mascaras I have tried but within a couple hours I look like a raccoon and end up giving the mascara to one of my daughters. I don't feel I have extremely oily skin but it happens time and time again and I have tried almost every type of mascara. I am very busy throughout the day and I don't keep looking in the mirror so I want to feel confident that my mascara is staying on my lashes. If anyone has the same problem as me with most mascaras, I would love to know if you have found another mascara that stays put and doesn't give racoon eyes.

on 6/6/2015 3:20:00 AM

One of my biggest pet peeves is hard to remove mascara which led me to try this one. The whole easy removal and beauty tubes technology intrigued me. With that being said I liked how the primer end of the mascara gave my lashes some length and a bit volume but for some reason the actual mascara end of the tube made them fall straight down even when I would curl them. It definitely kept the length but it wasn't too impressive compared to other drugstore mascaras. But the removal technique is a genius idea, kudos to Loreal. However, I found it took just as much time trying to remove it with water (warm/cold) than it would a regular mascara with eye make up remover. Not only that I still had to go in with eye make up remover to remove my concealer and eye shadow. So the few times I tried it, it just seemed like an extra step for someone who wants an easy/fast removal. And the weird part is that it would not budge with eye make up remover (it was like magic) which is a good thing and it also never flaked on me. In conclusion, if your'e someone who only wears mascara most of the time and can get away without concealer and all that you would love this at the end of the day. All you would need is some warm water and facial cleanser but if you wear concealer, eye shadow, eye liner, etc, you will still need to go in with your favorite eye make up remover.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have short, sparse, and downward facing lashes, so I have never had any results using regular mascaras. L'Oreal Beauty Tubes mascara has worked very well for me. The primer by itself lengthens my lashes, and with a few strokes of the black mascara my lashes look fuller and have more length. The mascara is also very easy to remove with water or makeup remover; just be mindful that the little tubes will fall out making it slightly messy, so removal should take place over a sink or a tissue.

One of my gripes is that the product tends to clump if over-applied even just a little bit. The consistency is quite thick, so it is not meant to reapply during the day. Also, the product has the tendency to dry out even though I always close it tightly.

Overall I am happy with this product and would purchase again after I eventually remove my lash extensions.

I've tried a lot of different mascaras. I have short sparse lashes and this mascara has worked the best for me consistently. I seem to always to back to this one after branching out and trying other well rated (sometimes expensive) mascaras.

on 10/26/2013 8:47:00 PM

Hands down, the best mascara for any price. I've used the white base coat even with other mascaras on top, and it still stays on in the pool. If I ran out of this, I would panic. The two step process is easy, and guarantees no raccoon eyes, flaking or smudging. Warm water alone takes it off, and again no black residue left under your eyes. Perfect in every way. Why the other brands don't try to copy this is their loss!

I LOOOVVE this mascara, the only thing I don't like is that I kind of get confused about where the brush is. Even though it is water resistant if the "water works" come I won't have to worry about it smudging. SO YAAAA

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really loved this mascara! Sadly, I lost it, bought a new one, and completley feel in love with that one! But this mascara was my 'to go' mascara and used it almost everyday! It comes with a white coat that you have to apply first and then apply the black coat which really helps to set them in place and make them look longer and much darker! What I absolutely loved about this product was the fact that it would just slide off with warm water and I didn't have to use any eye makeup removers or anything! Highly reccomend =)

on 7/9/2013 7:38:00 AM

Yes, I would buy it again but only because I still haven't found the better one. It comes with a lot of excess material on the brush, which is a problem with the white part as you don't want your eyelashes glued together. It is very difficult to take off (which is on the plus side).