L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.6

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara. It works wonders and doesn't give you black eyes like you went a round with Joe Frazier. The primer works great by itself and so does the mascara.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have to chime in with my rave review for this mascara. At first I had a bit of difficulty with it and almost gave up, but I've worked out how to make it work for me and I couldn't be happier. As other reviewers have stated, this does NOT move throughout the day and stands up to lots of tears, too. I haven't worn it swimming yet, but I have no doubt it will perform well there.
These are the steps that make it successful for me: 1. A thin coat of primer on each eye, immediately followed by a thin coat (once over) of mascara on each eye, immediately followed by a second thin coat. Emphasis on THIN coats, without letting it dry between coats. 2. To remove, using plain or soapy water, use a downward sweeping motion (as if you were combing your eyelashes) rather than a horizontal rubbing motion.
I plan on repurchasing forever (and I've been notoriously fickle with mascaras in the past) and am already recommending it to friends.

12152015: I eventually got tired of the effort it took to remove this and was worried about the toll it would take on my lashes. I've since moved on.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really loved this mascara! Sadly, I lost it, bought a new one, and completley feel in love with that one! But this mascara was my 'to go' mascara and used it almost everyday! It comes with a white coat that you have to apply first and then apply the black coat which really helps to set them in place and make them look longer and much darker! What I absolutely loved about this product was the fact that it would just slide off with warm water and I didn't have to use any eye makeup removers or anything! Highly reccomend =)

on 1/13/2011 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty cool product. I have long lashes, but what woman doesn't want to capitalize on what she already has, right? If you want really long, "notice me" lashes, you owe it to yourself to give this a try. It takes a little getting used to and I wouldn't recommend using it on those days when you're in a rush, since you have to apply the primer then the masaca itself, and if you try to speed through the process, you'll get stuck-together, somewhat clumpy results. Take your time and you'll love how your lashes look - mine even hit my sunglasses when I put them on - yowza. It doesn't flake, smudge or run but removes easily with warm water and a gentle make-up remover. (I've never tried using warm water only, though some ladies report that works also.) I'm not sure how L'oreal managed to make that happen, but they did. In summation, this isn't my everyday, go-to mascara, but it's nice for special occasions or when I have time to "play" with my makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I will definitely not buy this again. I already have long lashes, so if you're looking for length, maybe you'll like this. But volume? Forget about it. My lashes were so thin that after using this product, I had to use three coats, and even then there wasn't much improvement. Also, I found that I had to separate my lashes after using the primer AND the after the mascara, which I just found to be too much of a pain. Didn't like this one bit.

on 9/1/2010 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Gah! I really wanted to like the "tubing" effect this product claims to give- and nice volumizing. For me, it's just awkward putting the mascara on over the white bit because I get an uneven, clumping mess with white still showing. Big thumbs down. I have long lashes, and they aren't thin, and I really wanted to have a feathery, thick effect and all I get is eye lashes clumped together and that's not the kind of volume I look for. lol Ironically, the only thing I would give this 5 lippies for is removal. I just wet my lashes with warm water and the "tubes" kinds fall off and the residue easily washes off. I would not purchase again, nor recommend this product to anybody.

on 7/7/2010 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara doesn't do it for me. First of all, there isn't much total product in the tube for the same price as others with a full tube of mascara (due to the side with the conditioner or whatever). Second, it doesn't make my lashes look bold - they just look kinda feathery and light, not dramatic in the least. Finally, when I remove this mascara, it flakes off in a strange way and leaves weird mascara residue flakes everywhere. I like L'Oreal, but not this particular mascara.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Im fine with this mascara. it lengthens well and make my lashes look really long. But the one thing i really hate and find annoying about this one, is removing it. They say that this mascara slides off easily in these lil tube things. No they dont. the "tubes" like get stuck and tangled in your lashes your literally spend about 10 mins pulling these tiny tubes off your lashes. And once you think you have em all, you still dont. like id wash this off at night and the next morning id find myself still pulling off lil tubes that i missed. Is very annoying so thats why i wont buy this again. and i hear the waterproof kind is even worse.

on 10/15/2009 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a very good mascara. I think for lengthening it's great, it made mine look very long but as for volume, not so much. Had to add about 3 coats to get the lashes to look thicker. Other than that it's great and it comes off easily. I just clean my face with cetaphil and warm water and it comes right off.

on 9/25/2009 5:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this product for about 6 weeks now. My lashes are fairly long already, so this makes them REEEALLY long! It took a couple of times to get the hang of how much primer to put on and that, yes, you do need to do one eye at a time, but the outcome is VERY nice! Oh, and it holds a curl beautifully, too.

I tried putting the primer on my lower lashes, but it was awkward, so I just use it on my uppers.

Removal is easy. I use a good makeup remover and get them nice and wet (with warm water) and then just gently pull them off.

I will definitely purchase this again...