L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 11/27/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have hooded lids and the mascara transferred to my upper eyelid. It was a sticky mess. I also did not like the shortness of the wands. Definitely a will-not-buy-again.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

While I don't like the awkwardness of the way this mascara is packaged, I love the overall product. It is very easy to take off with just warm water but I prefer to use micellar water or coconut oil to take it off with the rest of my eye makeup. No flaking that I can see, lasts a long time and makes my lashes look full and long.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

L'oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara did zilch for my lashes. Can't believe this is marketed as a lash lengthener.

I will stick with Maybelline (Rocket Volume and Illegal Length Fiber Extensions) and CoverGirl (Lash Blast Volume) mascara. Costs less and gets the job done.

UPDATED - Base coat makes lashes stiff, and the tubing is watery. Lashes end up resembling clumped up miniature spider legs. Not attractive.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have short, sparse, and downward facing lashes, so I have never had any results using regular mascaras. L'Oreal Beauty Tubes mascara has worked very well for me. The primer by itself lengthens my lashes, and with a few strokes of the black mascara my lashes look fuller and have more length. The mascara is also very easy to remove with water or makeup remover; just be mindful that the little tubes will fall out making it slightly messy, so removal should take place over a sink or a tissue.

One of my gripes is that the product tends to clump if over-applied even just a little bit. The consistency is quite thick, so it is not meant to reapply during the day. Also, the product has the tendency to dry out even though I always close it tightly.

Overall I am happy with this product and would purchase again after I eventually remove my lash extensions.

I've tried a lot of different mascaras. I have short sparse lashes and this mascara has worked the best for me consistently. I seem to always to back to this one after branching out and trying other well rated (sometimes expensive) mascaras.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been interested in trying out tube mascaras for a while since I live in a humid climate and tend get raccoon eyes easily thanks to long lashes and apparently very warm eyelids. The L'Oreal option was a good match for the price point and decided to snag a tube.

Overall, I'm impressed with this mascara and how it performs. I'm fortunate enough to have naturally long and fairly dark lashes, so this mascara does wonders and produces a full and defined look similar to that of false eyelashes. Once on, this mascara doesn't budge, flake or wither, it stays put and holds everything in place without being super crunchy or drying. I was worried that this formula could do damage to the health of my eyelashes since it's a long wearing formula, but I haven't experienced anything like that.

Taking this product off is also easy, I'll run a finger under warm water and then press it on the base off my lashes to loosen them up and then the tubes come right off as I wash my face normally. Not very many long wearing products come off this easy, so I think this part of the formulation is extra nice.

My only two complains are that the primer part doesn't seem to do to much for me and I find it actually makes the mascara more prone to clumping/sticking together for me. I much prefer how my lashes look without the primer and that they stay separated. The packaging also seems to let the mascara itself dry out, I've pulled out several dried out circles of mascara from the top of the tube which is fairly annoying. I don't like wasting product and if the formula is this prone to drying out, the packaging should be fixed to prevent that.

All in all, this is a great product that could use a tweak or two, but I love that it really lives up to the claims it makes which is such a rarity with mascaras these days.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

OK at first i didnt really enjoy this mascara I dont know if it was me or the product got better or i learned to appreciate mascara alot better. I have dry lashes no matter what i do to condition them or use on them. I do try to condition them every night but i get lazy but i do have really long semi curly lashes. Their manly long & straight. I dont like to curl them since most curlers or i pinch myself all the time so i get nervous & my outer lashes wont ever fit in to the curler. So anyway i am just looking for definition but before i knew much i just bought whatever mascara was on sale or looked cool.
=PRICE & AVAILABILITY=
This mascara is available whereever your Loreal products are sold like in most drugstores CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as Target & Walmart. The price will vary as well depending on your area & discounts/sales/coupons but i have seen this around $6-8 which is the typical price of a mascara. I like it since you are basically getting a primer + mascara.
=FORMULA & SHADE & PERFORMANCE=
This Beauty Tubes mascara is a great formula. This is double ended meaning, the first step is the primer or the white primer is where you will apply the actual FIBERS that will build up & coat the lashes to make the lashes longer, more full & lifted. I find it does def add length & definition and slightly lifts. The white primer tubes dry within 20 seconds. I wait til its dries otherwise if you go on w/ mascara, it may turn the black a bit gray. I have heard to let it semi dry or let it dry the whole way. I like to let it dry as long as possible- the black mascara is actually nicely pigmented & a great basic defining & slightly lifting mascara on its own. Ive used it alone & it made my lashes look great too. So if you are looking for length- the primer is by far the best lengthing mascara ive tried since it does contain fibers or TUBES. Its so awesome to see how much length it adds to your lashes since you do see the white TUBES caping the end of the lashes. Its amazing. i have used the tubes with other mascaras & it works great too. i use my Falsies mascara- HOLY CRAP my lashes end up being too long where they hit off my crease. I get so many compliments on my lashes like their fake when i use this. The actual mascara is a bit wet but over time it does thicken up but its a really good mascara. I love this formula/tubes. Its def wears without flaking. Ive not seen any black flakes around. It stays put for hours & hours since you have to use hot soapy water to take this off. & its neat or maybe even gross to see the "tubes" come off- then you see how much different your lashes look without it. I love this mascara its def a great fibers or tubing mascara. for a lot less than HE alikes. I love it & def my most reached for in my big stash of mascaras but i always come back to this one.
=PACKAGING=
i have the original version which comes in a red/maroon tube w/ silver metallic writing/logo that is double ended. One end is the primer/tube which is a white mascara while the other end is the basic black mascara.They twist open/close easily. The wand is a traditional bristle brushes. The primer end is a tad smaller than the black masara. The bottle is a bit thicker than some mascaras. def can be brought in bags for on the go application. Step 1 contains 0.17 fl oz and Step 2 contains 0.16 fl oz. And the black is black. not so super duper black but its not gray or charcoal. Its def great & dark on its own. So if you dont want to mess around w/ the tubing you can use the great mascara on its own as well.
Overall,, This is def a really nice Tubing mascara. I love using this together or using the Primer with other mascaras. Those with short lashes will def appreciate this alot. I do have longer lashes already but since im not good with false lashes, this is def great alternative. I suggest this mascara to everyone. It lasting a long time without turning into a dry mess. It kept the same so far. Will def repurchase over & over again. Its a great price since most priming or tubing mascaras like Blinc etc are really expensive. I love it & am surprised alot of people dont. I know i didnt ever let it dry long enough before to truly appreciate it til one day i let it dry for a while & realized i hated it bc i wasnt allowing the tubes to dry & set before putting mascara on it so it made all my mascaras weird looking. I love it!

on 7/5/2011 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this because it does not flake or smudge and it will wash off at the end of the day. It is so user friendly. It is perfect for every day wear or even for travel. I love that it has the primer with it. I have had this on for 12 hours plus and it doesn’t move or smudge so I would also call it long wearing. I tried it because of makeup alley reviews here and was glad I did! This was a good find and the price is right also($8.00 at wolly world)!
I am moving this to a 5 after wearing it in a 3 day event that was work related. I had it on from 7 am to 11 pm. There was not time to check how makeup was holding up but it worked perfect. I am always looking for long wearing and no smudge makeup. This one is a winner for sure! One trick I did do was apply the mascara while the primmer was still wet. Another reviewer recommended that and it worked well for me.

I also use JK Kidd I teck liquid liner with this and found it to be long wearing also and it will hold up in the water line. This is found at target.
Update Nov 2011. HG I CAN NOT LIVE WITH OUT THIS! LOVE IT!! It stays flawless all day and then washes off with soap and water. Very long wearing...THANK-YOU L'Oreal!!!!
Update. June 2015. Still HG. Once on it does not move. No coon eyes. My daughter in law also loves it. She uses it on 12 hour nursing shifts and loves it. It does not run or move. I should add that we both have naturally long lashes. We also have no problem removing it. Any makeup remover or the Olay 4 in one daily face cloth or also the Almay oil makeup remover in the bottle.

on 4/8/2011 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic product! I've been wearing this daily for about a week now and I don't know how I ever lived without it. It NEVER smudges or flakes. It looks as good at 10pm as when I put it on at 8AM.

I took a previous reviewer's advice on the application process and I haven't had any problems getting nice, full, long lashes. The key is to apply the primer to one eye, then right away flip the tube around and apply the coloured mascara while the primer is still wet. I just do one eye at a time (primer & colour) and it works wonderfully.

Removal is the easiest thing in the world. Just use warm water and a gentle washcloth or cotton pad. The little tubes slide right off.

The only downfall I can see to this is that there is no such thing as a good second coat with this mascara. You have to get it on there on the first coat or it ends up looking like messy spider lashes.

I would definitely buy this again, and will continue using it for my everyday mascara.

on 3/14/2011 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this mascara, I really do, but I prefer the L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum (the blue one!). The Beauty Tubes mascara works well, but I like the other one better. The Lash Boosting Serum makes a really big difference!