L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 3/20/2018 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is an okey mascara. My lashes looks good, but it's too much work for me, and I do not like the tube concept. I will pass on this!

on 10/1/2015 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I use an eyelash curler and have tried many kinds of mascara's. Hours later my lashes are straight even though I'm faithful to my curler. I decide to try this mascara because it was on sale at Shoppers. My lashes held a curl, no smudging, flaking or irritation.

The look it gives is more natural definition. If your looking for a thickening or lengthening mascara this won't be the one. Applying two coats made my lashes look slightly clumpy. One coat works great!

I would repurchase due to my lashes staying curled and for a more natural defined look.

I'm still on the hunt for the elusive thickening, lengthening mascara that won't straighten my lashes!

This mascara cost $11.99 on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I buy this product over and over. Most times I do not use the white undercoat. I just love it because it is the ONLY mascara I have found that doesn't rub off onto my under eyes. It is a gel type mascara so it stays put. It does wash off easily. I apply very, very warm water and they basically just fall off.

I am 55 and any other type of mascara ends up giving me black under my eyes even though I typically don't use mascara on my lower lashes. I have actually loved some of the other mascaras I have tried but within a couple hours I look like a raccoon and end up giving the mascara to one of my daughters. I don't feel I have extremely oily skin but it happens time and time again and I have tried almost every type of mascara. I am very busy throughout the day and I don't keep looking in the mirror so I want to feel confident that my mascara is staying on my lashes. If anyone has the same problem as me with most mascaras, I would love to know if you have found another mascara that stays put and doesn't give racoon eyes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

L'oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara did zilch for my lashes. Can't believe this is marketed as a lash lengthener.

I will stick with Maybelline (Rocket Volume and Illegal Length Fiber Extensions) and CoverGirl (Lash Blast Volume) mascara. Costs less and gets the job done.

UPDATED - Base coat makes lashes stiff, and the tubing is watery. Lashes end up resembling clumped up miniature spider legs. Not attractive.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have to chime in with my rave review for this mascara. At first I had a bit of difficulty with it and almost gave up, but I've worked out how to make it work for me and I couldn't be happier. As other reviewers have stated, this does NOT move throughout the day and stands up to lots of tears, too. I haven't worn it swimming yet, but I have no doubt it will perform well there.
These are the steps that make it successful for me: 1. A thin coat of primer on each eye, immediately followed by a thin coat (once over) of mascara on each eye, immediately followed by a second thin coat. Emphasis on THIN coats, without letting it dry between coats. 2. To remove, using plain or soapy water, use a downward sweeping motion (as if you were combing your eyelashes) rather than a horizontal rubbing motion.
I plan on repurchasing forever (and I've been notoriously fickle with mascaras in the past) and am already recommending it to friends.

12152015: I eventually got tired of the effort it took to remove this and was worried about the toll it would take on my lashes. I've since moved on.

I LOOOVVE this mascara, the only thing I don't like is that I kind of get confused about where the brush is. Even though it is water resistant if the "water works" come I won't have to worry about it smudging. SO YAAAA

on 11/26/2012 11:12:00 PM

To anyone who hates using baby oil or makeup remover or looking like a racoon when you jumped in a pool/shower or have been crying this mascara is for YOU!

This mascara is effortless! I jump in the shower when I come home from work and the mascara just washes away in "strands". It doesnt liquify down my face like normal mascara's.
I have been using this product for a few years and I will not try another mascara again.Absolutely love it, especially the price!

on 11/18/2012 10:32:00 AM

I like to try new mascaras but I always go back to this one. It gives my lashes volume and length, stays put throughout the day, and washes off easily. The absolute best.

Ok, this is definitely not my favorite mascara. However, I figured out what the problem is - the wand. The 'primer' coat clumped like crazy and was a BIG mess. Tried the mascara end, it was eh, okay but nothing special. Someone made the comment to try a different wand with the 'primer' product and TA-DA! much much better. I wouldn't buy it again unless they change out the wand but at least I'm able to use the product until it's gone.

on 11/14/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is awesome. I didn't realize how great it was until I bought another brand that was on sale, and it was like heaven when I finally went back to the Beauty Tubes. You don't even need the white conditioner, I think. But if you do use it, it makes your lashes even more dramatic, but also adds some clumpiness, but you can definitely avoid it if you just take your time applying. It actually lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. It's a little bit expensive, but honestly, I really love it so it's worth it. ALso, washing it off is a little different from normal mascara. It sort of slips off your lashes in tubes with warm water, so it almost feels like your real lashes are being washed away. You'll get used to it though :-) Great stuff! Definitely worth a try!!