L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

Filtered by skin type : Oily
L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

i got this product because of all of the coupons i had to use in walgreens and it came with the lash boosting serum i will review that too. the mascara i do not like at all it claims to be black but its rather ashy. but the primer is the best i have had yet. so far i have tried mac prep and prime and lancome clis booster.
the brush grips every lash and spreads evenly.
its not to wet but not dry either
it does not irritate my eyes at least
helps fill out my lashes.
i just wish i could buy a tube with out the mascara

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I will definitely not buy this again. I already have long lashes, so if you're looking for length, maybe you'll like this. But volume? Forget about it. My lashes were so thin that after using this product, I had to use three coats, and even then there wasn't much improvement. Also, I found that I had to separate my lashes after using the primer AND the after the mascara, which I just found to be too much of a pain. Didn't like this one bit.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I pride myself as having seen quite a few gimmicks as far as cosmetics go and pretty much blowing most of them if not all of them off. So when I first heard of the concept of beauty tubes in a double wand mascara I was thinking meh, I won't fall for it. Well, after trying the double extend lash boosting mascara and liking it pretty well, I decided to give this a whirl. This mascara combined with my Revlon Extra Curl eyelash curler has given me great big giant huge long lush lashes!! Yes, I'm serious! I never knew my lashes could look like this just using a mascara. I was highly skeptical about this mascara but for me it works great and I don't have already long lashes-mine are pretty average. I almost look like I have on fake lashes. Washing it off was kind of an odd experience to say the least but I really don't care since it gives me such long lush lashes. This time for me anyway, the hype worked!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I Began using this product a couple months ago after seeing all the ads for it on TV and wanting to give it a shot. I was very pleased with the length this mascara gave me. I have dark medium to long lashes and I thought this complimented them nicely. Although I did notice it clumped my lashes together sometimes if i applied more than 2 coats, I would still recommend this product to a friend.

on 7/3/2010 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this mascara, even though I was hesitating to buy it based on the low score on MUA.
It's close to perfect. I apply the primer first, don't even let it dry, then the mascara. I actually like the bristles, they apply the mascara evenly and separate my lashes flawlessly, I don't need to run a comb through them to separate them, like I do with my other mascaras. It lengthens my lashes a great deal (well I don't know about 80%, but still...), and it lets them keep their curl. It feels like I have nothing on, and I haven't noticed any clumping or spider lashes. No fallout what so ever. They look natural, just longer.
Removal is easy, you just gently rub some warm water with 2 fingers on your lashes, and you can see the tiny fibers come off. I love that I don't have to use eye m/up remover, as it usually left me with raccoon eyes in the morning. this washes out clean, and my lashes look great, soft and healthy after.
I think of this as a good buy, and I'll probably repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

EDIT; I knocked this down from 5 lippies to 2. Yes, it's great that it doesn't smudge, but I think that it was causing my lashes to thin. Also, it didn't give me any fullness at all, and my lashes looked long, but way too thin, and "spiky". Have switched from this to Maybelline's "Full and Soft" in the waterproof version. Like the look better, lashes don't seem to be damaged, and I like the smaller tube...Double Extend's tube is HUGE and chunky and takes up a lot of room in a makeup bag. Sorry, L'Oreal...good concept, but not for me.

The reason that I'm giving this five lippies is that it's the ONLY mascara that truly will not smudge and you can even sleep in it without waking to the dreaded raccoon eyes. While it does not thicken my lashes, it does seems to lengthen them. I bought this quite some time ago and used it only a couple of times and then went back to my Maybelline "Volume express" and "Full and Soft". But I get sick of having to use eyemakeup remover and still having those dreaded "rings" ....my undereye circles are dark enough, thank you very much, without adding to them with smudged mascara. So, I pulled this out of my drawer and decided to give it another try and I'm glad that I did.

Because waterproof mascara is so hard on the lashes, and because this mascara isn't....I give it five lippies. I also find, and this may just be me, but it seems to "curl" my lashes without my having to use the eyelash curler. The advice of others to apply the white conditioning formula and then immediately apply the mascara is spot on.If you dod that, it keeps the mascara formula from clumping and gives a very nice and defined effect. I have always wanted to wear mascara on my bottom lashes, too, and with this formula, I can do that without worrying about it smudging. I think from now on this will be the mascara that I use as I'm so tired of smudges and difficulty removing waterproof formulas. Thanks MUA gals for all of the good advice.....I always check this site before buying anything new.

on 5/30/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

With light blonde, almost white lashes -- it's a trick to find the right mascara, as I ALWAYS wear mascara, no matter what.

Intrigued by the technology, I read the reviews here, first, before I purchased. The advice on putting the primer on first and while it's still wet, put on the mascara -- excellent. Because sure enough if that primer dries (and it dries fast!) the mascara can't cover doodly squat without clumping every eye lash, it seems.

I don't care for waterproof or even water resistant mascara, as I don't like pulling the delicate area around the eye or yanking out my lashes daily. So I've always used normal formula mascara, with baby shampoo to wash it off (no tears!). It's been effective for almost 20 years.

When I discovered this mascara, I couldn't believe my fortune. While it doesn't give me dark, naughty, full lashes like I've enjoyed with other mascaras, it is worth 5 lippies just on the fact that this stuff NEVER rubs off, smears, or runs even during SLEEP or my poor year-round allergy-weepy eyes. Then to top it off, it comes off effortlessly with warm water!! WOW WAY COOL.

Yes, the spider-type stuff that rolls down my face and sticks to the sink (or my shower walls) is creepy, but it's not really fair to pick on a mascara that is waterproof without having to yank one's eyelashes out to finally remove it.

on 4/4/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this product! I have quite oily lids and I am quite an active person so I normally have panda-esc eyes by the end of the day. However, this product goes on quite evenly, makes my eyelashes look longer and doesn't smudge and is waterproof in cool water.

I am currently traveling around Europe out of a van and I love that I can get the mascara off easily with just warm water. Its such a great no-fuss product especially for those people who get irritated skin and eyes when using liquid makeup removers.

on 12/14/2009 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is NOT my favorite mascara. I hate the primer side, pointless I have long lashes anyway. It makes my lashes feel dry and hard. They feel heavy and don't curl well. But the absolute best reason for me to buy this mascara again and again is... it doesn't smudge at all, at all. Not at all!
I have oily skin so most mascaras end up all over my face, especially if it's a hot day and I sweat at all, I have raccoon eye's. But not with this mascara. I like how it comes off, in tubes not messy at all.
I don't like the primer so I don't use it, the few times I have used it, it took coats and coats of the mascara side to cover over the white, buy then I had four or five spiky lashes where they had clumped together. So I'm only using half the product. You only get a small amount of product in the tube too. If they sold it as just that mascara, I'd be happier. No not my favorite, but I will buy until there is alliterative.

on 10/16/2009 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is kinda long, but...
I pretty much stick with Rimmel, because it's the only mascara brand I've used that doesn't flake off into my eyes and sting! But, it was my birthday so I decided to treat myself and try the beauty tubes.

So, I applied the primer, and then the black while the primer was still wet. My lashes looked long and thick, but they're pretty decent to begin with. I was more concerned with smudges, flakes and irritation.

So I went out for my birthday dinner with a friend to one of those hole in the wall Mexican restaurants with great food, and ended up wearing a giant sombrero while the staff sang happy birthday to me... and then, out of nowhere, one of the waiters smashed a napkin filled with CREAM into my face, and then proceeded to rub it all across my face! WTF?

I ran into the restroom to scrub my face (I have really breakout prone, sensitive skin) and noticed that all of my eyeshadow had been removed by the cream, but the mascara still looked perfect!! No smudgy raccoon eyes, no messy flakes, nothing!! I couldn't believe it. I expected a giant black, runny mascara mess, but it looked like I had just applied it.

When it came time to remove the mascara later that night, I just let the warm water from the shower run across my face, and then gently rubbed my lashes. It only took around 30 seconds, and the mascara came off in little clumps that washed away easily. No tugging, no greasy eye makeup removers...just warm water. Wow. I'm impressed!

So, to sum up: thickens and lengthens, easy removal, no irritation, no flakes, no smudges...definite rebuy.