L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

L'oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara did zilch for my lashes. Can't believe this is marketed as a lash lengthener.

I will stick with Maybelline (Rocket Volume and Illegal Length Fiber Extensions) and CoverGirl (Lash Blast Volume) mascara. Costs less and gets the job done.

UPDATED - Base coat makes lashes stiff, and the tubing is watery. Lashes end up resembling clumped up miniature spider legs. Not attractive.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have short, sparse, and downward facing lashes, so I have never had any results using regular mascaras. L'Oreal Beauty Tubes mascara has worked very well for me. The primer by itself lengthens my lashes, and with a few strokes of the black mascara my lashes look fuller and have more length. The mascara is also very easy to remove with water or makeup remover; just be mindful that the little tubes will fall out making it slightly messy, so removal should take place over a sink or a tissue.

One of my gripes is that the product tends to clump if over-applied even just a little bit. The consistency is quite thick, so it is not meant to reapply during the day. Also, the product has the tendency to dry out even though I always close it tightly.

Overall I am happy with this product and would purchase again after I eventually remove my lash extensions.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara. It works wonders and doesn't give you black eyes like you went a round with Joe Frazier. The primer works great by itself and so does the mascara.

I LOOOVVE this mascara, the only thing I don't like is that I kind of get confused about where the brush is. Even though it is water resistant if the "water works" come I won't have to worry about it smudging. SO YAAAA

on 11/26/2012 11:12:00 PM

To anyone who hates using baby oil or makeup remover or looking like a racoon when you jumped in a pool/shower or have been crying this mascara is for YOU!

This mascara is effortless! I jump in the shower when I come home from work and the mascara just washes away in "strands". It doesnt liquify down my face like normal mascara's.
I have been using this product for a few years and I will not try another mascara again.Absolutely love it, especially the price!

on 12/25/2011 10:40:00 AM

When I first bought this mascara I Hated it. It clumped badly making it look as if I had 3 lashes. I put it away for a week or too and now i absolutely adore.it. it really does extend my lashes makign them look long flutterly seperated and gave me some volume. All I need is 2 coats and Im good to go. Also this does not flake or smudge off my eyes. this mascara only comes off with warm water. and it really does coem off in "tubes". Good job L'Oreal for a great product. Im almost done with my tube and will def. rebuy!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is the best mascara-period. I recently bought a more expensive one at sephora (MUFE) and will definitely go back to this one. It separates and elongates beautifully. On sale, the price is affordable and I get asked what mascara I'm using when I have this one on. Also, one of the best things is NO MORE RACCOON EYES! I love that they rinse off easily when you want to like little tubes-great technology.

on 7/5/2011 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this because it does not flake or smudge and it will wash off at the end of the day. It is so user friendly. It is perfect for every day wear or even for travel. I love that it has the primer with it. I have had this on for 12 hours plus and it doesn’t move or smudge so I would also call it long wearing. I tried it because of makeup alley reviews here and was glad I did! This was a good find and the price is right also($8.00 at wolly world)!
I am moving this to a 5 after wearing it in a 3 day event that was work related. I had it on from 7 am to 11 pm. There was not time to check how makeup was holding up but it worked perfect. I am always looking for long wearing and no smudge makeup. This one is a winner for sure! One trick I did do was apply the mascara while the primmer was still wet. Another reviewer recommended that and it worked well for me.

I also use JK Kidd I teck liquid liner with this and found it to be long wearing also and it will hold up in the water line. This is found at target.
Update Nov 2011. HG I CAN NOT LIVE WITH OUT THIS! LOVE IT!! It stays flawless all day and then washes off with soap and water. Very long wearing...THANK-YOU L'Oreal!!!!
Update. June 2015. Still HG. Once on it does not move. No coon eyes. My daughter in law also loves it. She uses it on 12 hour nursing shifts and loves it. It does not run or move. I should add that we both have naturally long lashes. We also have no problem removing it. Any makeup remover or the Olay 4 in one daily face cloth or also the Almay oil makeup remover in the bottle.

Love this mascara! I bought it on a whim before reading makeup alley. I was dismayed by all the reviews so I just left it in my drawer. I was in a hurry and my lash blast fell and rolled under the bed. Ive decided to try this and boy was I impressed. I applied the serum and thought I look funny ala lady gaga. Then I applied the mascara. It separated and lengthened my lashes and hold the curl well. Best of all it did not smudge or travel unlike my lashblast even in waterproof! Best thing is that it is fun to remove. Warm water then my regular cleanser does the trick! Will definitely buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite mascara ever. My sensitive eyes make removal of regular mascaras difficult to say the least. There is no mess and no flaking. Amazing.