L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.1

on 2/12/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I've bought this 3 or 4 times now simply because it's so easy to wash off. It comes off with warm water in little clumps of plastic vinyl like substance. It does NOT get inky and smear like all other mascaras. But I probably won't buy again because it has NO volume. I can only apply two coats or my lashes clump and stick together in spidery globs. Also the white primer plus the black mascara makes my lashes kind of grey. I want to love this because of the vinyl type material instead of an ink like regular mascara but it just doesn't look good.

on 11/14/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is awesome. I didn't realize how great it was until I bought another brand that was on sale, and it was like heaven when I finally went back to the Beauty Tubes. You don't even need the white conditioner, I think. But if you do use it, it makes your lashes even more dramatic, but also adds some clumpiness, but you can definitely avoid it if you just take your time applying. It actually lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. It's a little bit expensive, but honestly, I really love it so it's worth it. ALso, washing it off is a little different from normal mascara. It sort of slips off your lashes in tubes with warm water, so it almost feels like your real lashes are being washed away. You'll get used to it though :-) Great stuff! Definitely worth a try!!

on 6/15/2011 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great mascara, but there's a knack to it, which I think must account for the strange negative reviews on here. Firstly, be light handed with the primer, only put on a very thin coat or you'll get clumpy lashes. Secondly, as a reviewer said below, put the mascara on straight away. I put the primer on one eye and then immediately do the mascara, before moving on to the second eye.

I've completely stopped using my lash curler with this mascara, if I did they'd curl back on themselves! This is the most curling mascara I've ever used, it's VERY lengthening and reasonably thickening. It doesn't smudge or flake. It comes off easiest in the shower.

Tubing mascaras are latex based, so if you're allergic to latex this won't be for you.

Update: This works much better if you put both the serum and mascara on top of the lashes as well as underneath. I always do this, but tried the other day just applying underneath like most people do. Still very lengthened, but didn't get the amazing curl or any thickness.

on 1/31/2011 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was surprised at how much I really enjoy this mascara. Usually, I'm looking for gobs of volume, but the length and glossy-black color this imparts is just nearly enough to make me overlook the whole volume thing.
A great everyday mascara to keep in my rotation, and one I reach for fairly often.
Easy (if somewhat disconcerting) removal, yet it doesn't smudge, flake, or run down my face in the rain. A repurchase for sure.

on 7/30/2010 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try this forever! I finally got it and I wasn't too disappointed, which is good. It doesn't smudge or flake too much. The thing about is that it did nothing for separating my lashes which is why I only rated this product a 3. I think I would buy it again, but I'm not sure. It's kind of pricey for a drugstore mascara. Lengthening was okay and the volumizing was great. I wouldn't recommend this only because it's not worth the price!

XOXO

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I got this mascara in Black, but for me the colour looks like a dark grey. I have stick-straight Asian lashes, so I curl them really well, then use this and it just straightens them out again. I does help legthen, but you can't tell because it's straightened my lashes. Also, I think it's a rip because it doesn't have that much product in each side, not worth the money you pay for it. It is however, very easy to remove, which I didn't realize at first and lost a couple of lashes learning how, but you just immerse your lashes in water and give a little, gentle rub to them and it rolls off.

on 4/17/2009 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because I love the idea of tubes. I loved Kiss Me, but found it too expensive. I was really hoping i'd like this because it was a 3rd of the price. To start, i'd like to mention that I have never come accross a primer that I liked. They always weight down my lashes and undo my curls. I have Asian straight lashes. The primer on this is no different. I hate it as much as any other masacar base and primer I have ever tried. I used this product with just the masacar side and i find the formula thin and wet, which, of course, also uncurls my lashes. Grrrr...another rant is I hate the packaging. I can understand that this product is 2 in 1, but i don't like how short the wand is on these double ended products. I also think the brush is too big. Short wand + big brush = smudging on my eyelid. I bought on sale for $8.99 CDN and would never purchase again. I'll just splurge and get Kiss Me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I SOOOOOO wish that this product came in a brown or lighter. I am a very fair-skinned person but use this anyway because I love it. You have to get used to how the 'tubes' work, but it's worth it for the price. $10, compared to $25 for Dior Show? Works for me! And I have sensitive eyes, so it's great that this doesn't flake off during the day. I even slept in it once and woke up with perfect eyelashes. I just hope Loreal makes it in lighter shades sometime soon.