L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

While I don't like the awkwardness of the way this mascara is packaged, I love the overall product. It is very easy to take off with just warm water but I prefer to use micellar water or coconut oil to take it off with the rest of my eye makeup. No flaking that I can see, lasts a long time and makes my lashes look full and long.

on 10/2/2015 12:03:00 PM

I love this mascara so much that I am honestly furious I didn't discover it till age 30. I'm about to use up my first tube and I will definitely be repurchasing.

I teach hot yoga and am in a sweaty room for several hours a day, so makeup that looks natural and stays put even through rivers of sweat is KEY. My personal ride-or-die items include NYX waterproof brow gel, those Revlon balm stains, Urban Decay All Nighter, and this. I've taught three classes in a row and this mascara literally does not budge or flake a single bit, even if I rub my eyes to wipe away sweat. And when I want to take it off, just a few handfuls of warm water pressed to my eyes and the tubes slide off completely! I don't think I've ever seen my eyes totally and completely clean of makeup unless I don't wear any for several days. With this mascara, nothing gets left behind. LOVE

Other people have talked about not using the white base coat; I've experimented with this, and it definitely affects the longevity. If you're just having a normal day of non-sweating, no rain, etc, then you can skip the base coat. If you're going to be getting damp or sweating a lot, I would recommend using the base coat for sure. Also, the base coat does wonders of lengthening and thickening. I definitely use it every time. Clumping and too-thick application are solved by simply wiping off the tip of the wand on some toilet paper to get rid of that big glob of product. This is true of every single mascara I have ever used, high-end and low-end alike, so I guess people complaining about it never learned that trick.

I realize that there are higher-end tube mascaras out there, but a) I'm cheap and b) I have no complaints about this one, so unless I get one of those other mascaras in a birchbox or something I don't plan on fixing what ain't broke.

on 10/1/2015 10:01:00 PM

I've been buying this mascara since L'Oreal first came out with it in 2008. It works really great for me. I hope they always make it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I buy this product over and over. Most times I do not use the white undercoat. I just love it because it is the ONLY mascara I have found that doesn't rub off onto my under eyes. It is a gel type mascara so it stays put. It does wash off easily. I apply very, very warm water and they basically just fall off.

I am 55 and any other type of mascara ends up giving me black under my eyes even though I typically don't use mascara on my lower lashes. I have actually loved some of the other mascaras I have tried but within a couple hours I look like a raccoon and end up giving the mascara to one of my daughters. I don't feel I have extremely oily skin but it happens time and time again and I have tried almost every type of mascara. I am very busy throughout the day and I don't keep looking in the mirror so I want to feel confident that my mascara is staying on my lashes. If anyone has the same problem as me with most mascaras, I would love to know if you have found another mascara that stays put and doesn't give racoon eyes.

I've tried a lot of different mascaras. I have short sparse lashes and this mascara has worked the best for me consistently. I seem to always to back to this one after branching out and trying other well rated (sometimes expensive) mascaras.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara. It works wonders and doesn't give you black eyes like you went a round with Joe Frazier. The primer works great by itself and so does the mascara.

on 10/26/2013 8:47:00 PM

Hands down, the best mascara for any price. I've used the white base coat even with other mascaras on top, and it still stays on in the pool. If I ran out of this, I would panic. The two step process is easy, and guarantees no raccoon eyes, flaking or smudging. Warm water alone takes it off, and again no black residue left under your eyes. Perfect in every way. Why the other brands don't try to copy this is their loss!

I've been using this mascara for a few years now and it's hands-down my favorite mascara I've used. Awhile ago, I switched all my makeup from drug-store brand to designer brands EXCEPT for my mascara because none of the designer brands were as good as the L'Oreal, in my personal opinion. (At least not for the price difference!)

The best part about this mascara is that it WILL NOT MOVE until you tell it to. Seriously. You can sleep in it and wake up the next morning with your mascara still in place. I also love that when you take it off, it just comes off in "tubes" so you don't get dark circles and streaks all over your face. Makes my lashes look full and voluminous :)

The trick with this mascara is to make sure you put the white primer on well--- if you have clumps in the primer, you'll have clumps in the mascara. Also, work sort of quickly since the primer can dry if you wait too long between coats.

on 7/12/2013 11:26:00 AM

This is my first ever MUA review!! I am a huuuuge review freak and read reviews on EVERYTHING before I purchase it so I was surprised to have just found out about the website. I had to write a review for this mascara because I don't know what I would do without it!!! I am going into my senior year in college and have probably been using it since sophomore year of high school. I LOVE IT! My lashes are on the shorter side and are naturally curled. This mascara really does DOUBLE EXTEND the length of my lashes! I have had several compliments over the years on how long my lashes are and I always refer the person to this mascara because it takes total credit.

Not only does it do as it says and double extend your lashes, it is awesome as far as removal is concerned as well. Anytime I ever run out and have to borrow one of my roommates' mascaras I prepare myself for raccoon eyes. And usually even with makeup remover there will STILL be some excess smudges under my eyes the following day. Whereas this mascara just slides off in the shower. Kind of strange looking for sure, but absolutely NO appearance of under eye darkness which I LOVE.

If I had to say anything negative about this product it would probably be due to my latest purchase of it. It has been more clumpy than usual and a ton of mascara comes out on the brush. Granted it is new and I know over time and usage that problem will solve itself, but as for the first week or two of use I have had a little trouble with application as far as clumping. That can be easily solved with the Tweezerman eyelash comb (which I have just started using and is also pretty awesome!)

All in all if you are looking for a new mascara and have issues with raccoon eyes from regular mascaras do NOT hesitate to try this product!!!! You will not be disappointed! I have suggested this product to most of my close friends and family and they love it as well!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really loved this mascara! Sadly, I lost it, bought a new one, and completley feel in love with that one! But this mascara was my 'to go' mascara and used it almost everyday! It comes with a white coat that you have to apply first and then apply the black coat which really helps to set them in place and make them look longer and much darker! What I absolutely loved about this product was the fact that it would just slide off with warm water and I didn't have to use any eye makeup removers or anything! Highly reccomend =)