L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

HATE IT!
-kind of pricey
-broke 6 of my eyelashes within 2 days of use
-the packaging clumps up the mascara making it kind of messy
wouldn't buy it again, was highly disappointed.

on 4/30/2009 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I at least thought the primer end would be decent but that's what I get for thinking. I had the worst time trying to apply the color overcoat and I've been forced to pick those tube things out of my lashes as they've been falling into my eyes. I've likely lost several lashes today.

I found this mascara to be very disappointing. After seeing the commercial and reading some of the reviews, I expected to get long and lush eyelashes. Whereas the whole tubing thing worked out, it removed with water and all, the mascara took the curl that I spent 5 mins creating for my stick straight Asian lashes. To add insult to the injury, the mascara clumped as well.

on 4/17/2009 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because I love the idea of tubes. I loved Kiss Me, but found it too expensive. I was really hoping i'd like this because it was a 3rd of the price. To start, i'd like to mention that I have never come accross a primer that I liked. They always weight down my lashes and undo my curls. I have Asian straight lashes. The primer on this is no different. I hate it as much as any other masacar base and primer I have ever tried. I used this product with just the masacar side and i find the formula thin and wet, which, of course, also uncurls my lashes. Grrrr...another rant is I hate the packaging. I can understand that this product is 2 in 1, but i don't like how short the wand is on these double ended products. I also think the brush is too big. Short wand + big brush = smudging on my eyelid. I bought on sale for $8.99 CDN and would never purchase again. I'll just splurge and get Kiss Me.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

This mascara was a huge disappointment!! The primer seemed nice at first making my lashes look really long and full, but after applying the black mascara, I had a huge clumpy mess on my face! I thought well the primer is still good so let me pair it with a diff mascara - didn't work that way either. Whatever is in the primer made any mascara I put on after it dry and clumpy. Overall if I could give this stuff a ZEROI would.

Haven't tried this myself but my colleague came into work today with really blood shot eyes and said it kept flaking in her eyes - stopped me from buying it so I thought I'd share.

on 2/4/2011 5:26:00 AM

I love tube/film mascaras. So fave Clinique Lash Power and Bobbi Brown Smudgeproof have been my favorites. But those are departmental store mascaras. I wanted to get a cheaper alternative, L'oreal Double Extend Beauty tubes is not that cheap either, at RM40 (USD14) compared to the Clinique RM75 (USD25). The reason I prefer smudeproof mascara is by noon I'll get raccoon eyes. I was thrilled the first time I was introduced to Lash Power. I think so far I have purchased 5 tubes. Back to L'oreal, firstly it did an ok job, the formula was a but runny and I don't get the primer, seriously it works just fine without the primer. The wand was ok no complains there. What annoys me is the formulation. 1 month down the road it starts to smell funny and clump around the wand each time I take it out. I need to wipe it off and dip the wand again. Such a hassle. It does give you considerable length, not so much volume. Overall, it's a blah product, save your money and get Lash Power instead.

on 9/19/2010 10:48:00 AM

Not a very good mascara. It doesnt really do much of anything for me. Not to mention when I tried to wash it off I thought my eyelashes were falling out. Turns out it was just the tubes *phew* Yeah I didnt like this one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I never tried a 'tube technology' type mascara so when L'Oreal was BOGOF at Ulta I decided to give this a try. For reference I have pin straight lashes. I always go for waterproof due to constant eye touching wearing contacts, plus it holds curls.

This mascara gave me length and was easy to wash off with damp cloth which is why I gave it 2 lippies. I did one eye at a time as instructed. While both the base and mascara dried my lashes started drooping down :( My lashes were no longer pin straight they were straight down! Not only did it uncurl my lashes, it was clumpy! I had a hard time separating my lashes and I can hear a 'crunch' effect when I tried. When I did see fall out on my face trying to separate them, I noticed lashes were bare and uncoated... sigh. I even recurled my lashes and it made my lashes look like 4 sections of clumpiness. One of the worse mascaras I've tried yet!

on 6/23/2009 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product makes me really sad because it makes my lashes look so amazing but trying to take it off is a nightmare. I have to tug on my lashes to get it off, even with good makeup remover! I've literally torn off lashes trying to get this stuff off. So sad!